Garden Party - Ricky Nelson's song used in Ad.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PTLWP

PTLWP

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 403 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 12:19 PM

Everytime that damn commerical for Applby's restaurant comes on the tube and I hear Rick Nelson's song "Garden Party" butchered to sell "food" at that nasty restaurant, I am really glad that the Doors music wasn't massacred in this way and that I hope I am not around if anything changes.

"Garden Party" was a sort of confessional song, where Ricky Nelson sang about an awful experience he had opening at Madison Square Garden and how " its alright now, I've learned my lesson well, if you can't please everyone, you might as well please yourself"......

#2 John

John

Debut

• Official
  • Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE(PTLWP @ Jul 7 2006, 08:19 PM) View Post

Everytime that damn commerical for Applby's restaurant comes on the tube and I hear Rick Nelson's song "Garden Party" butchered to sell "food" at that nasty restaurant, I am really glad that the Doors music wasn't massacred in this way and that I hope I am not around if anything changes.

"Garden Party" was a sort of confessional song, where Ricky Nelson sang about an awful experience he had opening at Madison Square Garden and how " its alright now, I've learned my lesson well, if you can't please everyone, you might as well please yourself"......

Exactly... I saw Pearl Jam a couple days ago, and I said to Eddie (Vedder) that he told me years ago that "Break on Through" gave him chills as a kid, and I said that why I can't let it sell deoderant. John d.

#3 knowidea

knowidea

Morrison Hotel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE(John @ Jul 16 2006, 05:52 AM) View Post

Exactly... I saw Pearl Jam a couple days ago, and I said to Eddie (Vedder) that he told me years ago that "Break on Through" gave him chills as a kid, and I said that why I can't let it sell deoderant. John d.

John, don't you mean Cadillacs??  The deoderant comes after you find out how much the sucker takes to fill the gas tank. smile.gif
Jim

#4 MadTIGERmaN

MadTIGERmaN

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 11:32 PM

OY!!!!!
I dont know what gave me bigger chills...
Break on Through (one of my top 5 all time favorite songs)
Or that one of my favorite singers also got Chills from it, and one of my biggest influences (JD) was talking to one of my other big influences (EdVed) about that same song...

just curious John,  were you at one of the shows?  you should get those boys to do a cover of 5-to-1 and join them on stage   biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users