16 replies to this topic

#1 knowidea

knowidea

Morrison Hotel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 11:34 AM

www.tribaljazzlive.com is up and running.  This is the official site and will be the place for all things..... Tribaljazz.  Spread the word.

#2 gotothelight

gotothelight

L.A. Woman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 12:12 PM

This is awesome!! Just watched the video.... love it John!

#3 gotothelight

gotothelight

L.A. Woman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:38 PM

Has anyone else checked out tribaljazz.com? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Myself and my oldest son (a jazz sax/trombone player) are really enjoying the video here. Great stuff. Makes me hope even more that someday soon I'll be able to catch John and Tribaljazz live!

#4 littlewing

littlewing

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 05:45 PM

Yes the site has an awesome vibe. I'm listening to the album on the site right now and it's truly music of the soul.

Great site! I'll be sure to tell my friends.  smile.gif

I hope everyone here enjoys it!

#5 Guest_TheWallsScreamedPoetry_*

Guest_TheWallsScreamedPoetry_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2006 - 04:13 AM

Well its nothing to get overexcited about..........it could do with some content  smile.gif
The promo video is nice and the music is cool...........Violet Love is my fave......
but the site is pretty lacklustre.............
a decent biography of the actual band rather than the one there thats seems to have been written on the back of a cigarette packet for the sake of there being something under...bio....would be nice ............
Some photos of gigs and maybe the recording sessions,gig reviews, gig listings, maybe some background on the album sessions..........just needs a bit of imagination.........not as crap as The Doors official site but then.........what is? laugh.gif

#6 knowidea

knowidea

Morrison Hotel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 07:30 AM

It will get there.  There is actually a good dose planned for it.  There will definitely by some news forthcoming.

#7 knowidea

knowidea

Morrison Hotel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 09:27 AM

And I meant forthcoming!   The  release for Tribaljazz is scheduled for October 17, 2006.

#8 Guest_TheWallsScreamedPoetry_*

Guest_TheWallsScreamedPoetry_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2006 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE(knowidea @ Aug 2 2006, 06:27 PM) View Post

The  release for Tribaljazz is scheduled for October 17, 2006.

Do we have any information as to why this album has been delayed for so long considering the music has been on the Net for over a year now and the album itself is several years later than originally scheduled?
If I recall it was coming soon on the record label website in 2004 laugh.gif

Surely that daft lawsuit is not to blame as thats the kinda crap one expects from the dorks as their 2002 album still has not seen the light of day and last I saw they were using that as an excuse........rather than the fact they can't stick The Doors on the front so nobody would buy it.... laugh.gif

Obviously Tribaljazz was never gonna interest anything but a small minority of Doors fans but their music could find a pretty healthy audience outside the Doors so whats been the hold up?????

#9 rotaryperception

rotaryperception

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE(TheWallsScreamedPoetry @ Aug 2 2006, 11:00 AM) View Post

Obviously Tribaljazz was never gonna interest anything but a small minority of Doors fans but their music could find a pretty healthy audience outside the Doors so whats been the hold up?????

Obviously it has been worth the wait since the technology for recording and digital transfer has increased exponentially and will continue to do so over the course of time. Maybe they should hold out for another year.

#10 Ana

Ana

Waiting For The Sun

• Omega
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 07:43 AM

cool.gif

#11 knowidea

knowidea

Morrison Hotel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE(TheWallsScreamedPoetry @ Aug 2 2006, 06:00 PM) View Post

Do we have any information as to why this album has been delayed for so long considering the music has been on the Net for over a year now and the album itself is several years later than originally scheduled?
If I recall it was coming soon on the record label website in 2004 laugh.gif

Surely that daft lawsuit is not to blame as thats the kinda crap one expects from the dorks as their 2002 album still has not seen the light of day and last I saw they were using that as an excuse........rather than the fact they can't stick The Doors on the front so nobody would buy it.... laugh.gif

More than likely in this case........a distribution and/or promotion issue

#12 worm man

worm man

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 03:46 PM

Sounds like Sunday afternoon music on a Summer long weekend...just sitting back with my sun glasses on and start into the beer again to head off the hangover...

#13 Ana

Ana

Waiting For The Sun

• Omega
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 10:15 AM

the video is great!

QUOTE(littlewing @ Jun 13 2006, 05:45 PM) View Post

Yes the site has an awesome vibe. I'm listening to the album on the site right now and it's truly music of the soul.
Great site! I'll be sure to tell my friends.  smile.gif
I hope everyone here enjoys it!

true, the music sends an awesome vibration  smile.gif

#14 Sunday Trucker

Sunday Trucker

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 262 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 10:26 AM

I really dig the site and the project, very interesting. I understand the site is in the starting and developing stage.

Good Luck for Tribal Jazz musicians!

PS: they should come to Brasil too!!!

#15 DaraTheDisgruntledDiva

DaraTheDisgruntledDiva

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE(knowidea @ Jun 7 2006, 03:34 PM) View Post

www.tribaljazzlive.com is up and running.  This is the official site and will be the place for all things..... Tribaljazz.  Spread the word.

Hey KnowIdea (Jim) can we order the CD thru this site or that one or where can we (on line) I am immobile and trapped at home a drunk driver hit me and my  hubby head on sat afternoon 10-7-06 so we are trapped at home and lucky to be alive so we are needing to spend some money online lol what else can you do while waiting for surgery - he totalled our van ( the third drunk driver to hit me head on and total my cars and killed my passenger in the first one 24 years ago thank God we are ok other than breaks, 21  staples in a scalping head wound broken hip bone on me and hubby luckily was just bruised I on the other  hand have to have two seperate surgeries so we can use new tunes while house and hospital bound - the worst part is that I am a sober alcoholic recovered for years now and boy I have a red target on my forehead for the drunks to hit me lol atleast he is in jail and wife wont bail him out until he learns something - he took their company truck that he is not supposed to drive due to former DUI loss of license so their company may have to go down to afford the expenses from this maybe a money lesson will be what it takes to teach  him before he kills someone so take note to everyone who wants to drink and be merry please take a cab and save a life       (maybe even your own) thanks for listening and can you tell me where to order cd my original question lol take care thanks Jim -Dara

#16 knowidea

knowidea

Morrison Hotel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 04:53 AM

Hi Dara,
   I'm sorry to hear about the unfortunate accident.   It's terrible to hear of something such as that - as it is so preventable.  I wish you the best in your healing process.
   Good question on Tribaljazz.  I'll be getting back to you on that.
Jim

#17 knowidea

knowidea

Morrison Hotel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 07:40 AM

Ok, they are going to get a retailer link going.  We will post it here as well so you can purchase the CD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users