24 replies to this topic

#1 Ensenada

Ensenada

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 297 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 09:42 AM

Hi john, was wondering if you could answer this question for a few of us. when jim called from paris, did he call the office phone or your personal phone? and if he did call the office phone, did you just happen to answer it or did he ask for you?
cheers dude  biggrin.gif

#2 John

John

Debut

• Official
  • Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE(Ensenada @ Aug 13 2005, 05:42 PM)
Hi john, was wondering if you could answer this question for a few of us. when jim called from paris, did he call the office phone or your personal phone? and if he did call the office phone, did you just happen to answer it or did he ask for you?
cheers dude  biggrin.gif

View Post

He called my home phone... in Ray's hardback book, "LMF," Ray said I called Jim, but Ray wasn't there at my house when Jim called.  After much pressure, Ray changed the paperback to reflect the truth.
john

#3 Guest_TheWallsScreamedPoetry_*

Guest_TheWallsScreamedPoetry_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2005 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE(John @ Aug 27 2005, 10:31 PM)
He called my home phone... in Ray's hardback book, "LMF," Ray said I called Jim, but Ray wasn't there at my house when Jim called.  After much pressure, Ray changed the paperback to reflect the truth.
john

View Post

Yeah I have the hardback from the first week it was out here in the UK.
Page 13...
"John finally said impatiently. 'I'm gonna call him.'
I (Ray) said 'why...leave him alone. He doesn't want anyone bugging him. He'll call when he's ready.' John paced the rehearsal room unable to control his anxiety. 'I just gotta know' he said 'I can't wait any longer' And so he called him.

So the paperback changed that eh! Good for you mate!
I love both yours and Ray's books (always will as I am a Doors fan) but Ray tends to live in a fantasy world where he is the centre of all things.
Last page of Ray's book he takes the famous Jim quote....
'I see myself as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star. Everyone stops, points up and gasps "Oh look at that!" Then - whoosh, and I'm gone... and they'll never see anything like it ever again, and they won't be able to forget me - ever.' ....and sets it in 1965 as an intimate moment with he and Jim.
The guy is rather sad really. Maybe he never had any friends at school.
Helluva good keyboard player though and I am a rarity in The Doors world as I like his singing too... laugh.gif

#4 Ensenada

Ensenada

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 297 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 05:58 AM

thanks for answering my question and clearing it up John!  wink.gif

perhaps Ray aint making it up on purpose, but simply forgot the way events actually happened..i mean i have just spent a week surfing in newquay with a lot of booze and pot and i can tell you, i cant remember many things properly from the beginning of the week.. laugh.gif
although all the girls can...... laugh.gif

#5 The Keys

The Keys

Debut

• Omega
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:02 PM

He called my home phone... in Ray's hardback book, "LMF," Ray said I called Jim, but Ray wasn't there at my house when Jim called.  After much pressure, Ray changed the paperback to reflect the truth.
john

View Post

HI John!
smile.gif

I had the feeling Jim called you, your home phone.
Thank you so much for answering, I believe you above anyone else related to The Doors. You are great! I admire you much. Your honesty, integrity and dignity. cool.gif

#6 joekidd

joekidd

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 06:34 AM

In his book, Mr. Densmore notes with poignant and brutal honesty that he was itching to go on without Mr. Morrison and that he shuddered at the thought of the Lizard King's reappearance.  Clearly, John loved Jim, but he was no longer prepared to deal with the singer's alcoholic self-destruction.  That being the case, why would Mr. Densmore have been squirming to call Mr. Morrison and begging for his return from Paris?  

Sometimes, I don't know whether Mr. Manzarek is a simple liar or whether he's just smoked too much pot.   He's a terrific keyboard player and a passionate enthusiast, but he strikes me as quite delusional.

#7 Ensenada

Ensenada

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 297 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 09:09 AM

i would like to think the 60's has hazed his memory...but then that haze has affected many things  laugh.gif

#8 Sunday Trucker

Sunday Trucker

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 262 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 10:03 AM

My paperback says (also page 13):
I (Ray) said 'why...leave him alone for a while. He doesn't want anyone bugging him. He'll call when he's ready.' John paced the rehearsal room unable to control his anxiety. 'I just gotta know' he said. Miraculously, Jim called John the next day.

#9 The Keys

The Keys

Debut

• Omega
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 06:32 AM

QUOTE(Sunday Trucker @ Sep 11 2005, 10:03 AM)
My paperback says (also page 13):
I (Ray) said 'why...leave him alone for a while. He doesn't want anyone bugging him. He'll call when he's ready.' John paced the rehearsal room unable to control his anxiety. 'I just gotta know' he said. Miraculously, Jim called John the next day.

View Post

and...  rolleyes.gif  what was the conversation like between Jim and John  blink.gif
is it okay to ask this? forgive me if I shouldn't but I'm really curious.
when did this phone call happen, July or end of June?
It's probably there in the book but I haven't read it properly and I don't have it here to go and check, so please tell me. Please, please  smile.gif

#10 worm man

worm man

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 05:26 PM

john

View Post

John...was Ray alittle miffed and maybe jelous of the fact Jim phoned you from Paris and not Ray...Why do you think Jim phoned you and not Ray or Robby...Sorry John I haven't read ROTS if the answer to my question is in there...But I did see the movie...lol...Sorry John, but most people assume Ray had the closest relationship with Jim and you had the worst...I should probably just read the book.

#11 joekidd

joekidd

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 11:44 PM

Yeah, I'd recommend that everyone read the book, and not just for an account of the conversation.  Mr. Densmore's memoir is a piercing yet cathartic meditation on the pain and struggles of life.      

#12 The Keys

The Keys

Debut

• Omega
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 04:20 AM

QUOTE(worm man @ Oct 10 2005, 05:26 PM)
(...)
Sorry John, but most people assume Ray had the closest relationship with Jim and you had the worst...

View Post

I would like to give my opinion about this with a painting of the Doors I once saw.
Let me try and get it for us. I have the feeling that painting is gonna help us answering this question  smile.gif

#13 Ana

Ana

Waiting For The Sun

• Omega
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 09:42 AM

can someone please tell me when this phone call happened?
and if possible, could anyone scan 1 or 2 pages of the book so I can read only this part?
yes you're right, I usually don't want to read anything but this I would like to.
and we are here at John's so maybe scanning one or two pages won't take away the author's rights, it might even make people curious to buy the book.
yesterday I went to all bookshops here in my hometown trying to find this book but nothing.
a friend of mine had it and I read some bits but it was in 93 or something and I honestly don't remember.
for me it's important to know what went on about this phone call. I won't ask John to tell what Jim said because I believe that is something John wants to keep for himself.
Please don't take offense at me asking for a scan, you can send it to me through a pm.

#14 StanTrott

StanTrott

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 12:19 PM

You can order John Densmore's book at amazon.com.

QUOTE(one leg toad @ Feb 25 2006, 11:42 AM) View Post

can someone please tell me when this phone call happened?
and if possible, could anyone scan 1 or 2 pages of the book so I can read only this part?
yes you're right, I usually don't want to read anything but this I would like to.
and we are here at John's so maybe scanning one or two pages won't take away the author's rights, it might even make people curious to buy the book.
yesterday I went to all bookshops here in my hometown trying to find this book but nothing.
a friend of mine had it and I read some bits but it was in 93 or something and I honestly don't remember.
for me it's important to know what went on about this phone call. I won't ask John to tell what Jim said because I believe that is something John wants to keep for himself.
Please don't take offense at me asking for a scan, you can send it to me through a pm.

#15 Ana

Ana

Waiting For The Sun

• Omega
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE(StanTrott @ Feb 25 2006, 08:19 PM) View Post

You can order John Densmore's book at amazon.com.

I know I can buy the book at amazon.com but not everybody can buy stuff through the internet, you understand?
To order you need a master or visa card. I don't have any of that, just a normal card to get money from the machine - but those kind of cards don't work in the internet.

I thought someone could share that bit of information for free. There is another topic about Jim's phone call in the general forum but here it is protected and only members can read, you understand why I chose to post that question here instead?
It was a simple question - when did the phone call happen. You didn't have to remind me of what I don't have.

#16 Guest_TheWallsScreamedPoetry_*

Guest_TheWallsScreamedPoetry_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:43 AM

QUOTE(one leg toad @ Feb 26 2006, 08:23 PM) View Post

I know I can buy the book at amazon.com but not everybody can buy stuff through the internet, you understand?
To order you need a master or visa card. I don't have any of that, just a normal card to get money from the machine - but those kind of cards don't work in the internet.

I thought someone could share that bit of information for free. There is another topic about Jim's phone call in the general forum but here it is protected and only members can read, you understand why I chose to post that question here instead?
It was a simple question - when did the phone call happen. You didn't have to remind me of what I don't have.

Why do you not just go to a bookshop then and order a copy the old fashioned way?
And yes 'those kind of cards' DO work on the internet as I have ordered stuff with both my normal debit card and my credit card..............
Are you by any chance from Portugal and called Ana?

#17 Ana

Ana

Waiting For The Sun

• Omega
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:09 PM

Listen, you know damn well who I am. I already said that I don't have money to buy at Amazon or at bookshops. My money is for food, internet and swimming. And then I haven't seen this book for ages! Why the provokation? Well, I could expose all your weaknesses from inside out because I've known people, and people of many kinds - my speciality is the ones like you. However, you're not worth it. Why do you do this to John? Coz some things I've seen you writing at the doors board absolutely undress your Soul wink.gif sides you're on. Which topics? Oh man, if I had the chance to post at real time... but I don't. One Ace for you.
note: my credit card is less than yours, dig? the bank doesn't give financial credit to people who don't have money. end of talk. still, I don't understand why the agressiveness.

you were waiting for this, weren't you? from the moment you posted that reply.
I have Aces to spare, you want some? IPB Image I thought you were the one who told me long, long ago that maybe you were the friend Jim was needing. That's strong! You remember? It was "backdoorman, Alex". I don't forget, my memory is like an Elephant's.
However, I don't understand why would Jim Morrison want a friend like you. What would you tell him that is so relevant? He was tired of the things you represent. And I am tired too, that's why I wouldn't want someone like Morrison for my friend. I want to go Higher, win over my junkice.

Alright, let's talk about something else.
I put Mister Moon blog to rest. Yeah I did put it to rest for a while, a couple of stuff happened and I've had internet soul projection performances with a notorious impact.

I think I did it right. For the first fucking time in AGES I think I got it: when to stop.
I said all I wanted to say in that coherent and responsible suit  ohmy.gif  that is Mister Moon.
I've moved to Soul's - but still this is not enough. I still need a junkie ass blog - to flush the other side of me.
I'm so disappointed. 80% of those people at MySpace are complete fake. They want to be seen and win - there's hardly any warm connection to the brain, spirit or heart. It leads to absolute despair. What do these people want? Please let's give it to them. Is it money? Is it a family, affections, lobster and a home, party or rescue, or just a bone?
Many people, different needs - nobody provides them with anything but everybody makes them buy nothing. And to me, my perspective is... I believe we need someone with a sense of self projection in generosity;...
Come on! Is there anything else worth fighting for than a man's legacy for tomorrow IPB Image

I put it to rest for some time; comments are closed unless it's very much relevant - which won't happen and I would gladly die for something new. The blogs are also shut, I said everything I wanted to. The videos are suitable and the story is told. The photos are an autobiography, take a pebble perfect pyre. I think I'm learning when to stop  laugh.gif

#18 gotothelight

gotothelight

L.A. Woman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 12:56 PM

Um...huh?? unsure.gif

#19 Ana

Ana

Waiting For The Sun

• Omega
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 08:10 AM

QUOTE(gotothelight @ Apr 1 2006, 09:56 PM) View Post

Um...huh?? unsure.gif

I just wanted someone to tell me what is in the book Riders on the Storm on this subject of Jim calling John (and when it happened). I can't find the book, I will buy it when I find it.

#20 joekidd

joekidd

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE(one leg toad @ Apr 12 2006, 09:10 AM) View Post

I just wanted someone to tell me what is in the book Riders on the Storm on this subject of Jim calling John (and when it happened). I can't find the book, I will buy it when I find it.

As I recall from the book, the phone call occurred about three weeks prior to Mr. Morrison's death.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users