10 replies to this topic

#1 Moses Jones

Moses Jones

Waiting For The Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:43 PM

The other day I was talking with a friend about all the great musicians to come out of Ohio. I was mentioning The Dead Boys and Stiv Bators, and their big hit SONIC REDUCER .

Though I was aware that front man Steven "Stiv" Bators had passed I wasn't really aware of how,where and why he died and where his remains ended up.

From Wiki: In the summer of 1990, Bators was struck by a taxi in Paris.He was taken to hospital but reportedly left before seeing a doctor, after waiting several hours and assuming he was not injured. Reports indicate that he died in his sleep as the result of a concussion.  Dave Tregunna said that Bators, a fan of rock legend Jim Morrison, had earlier requested that his ashes be spread over Morrison's Paris grave and that his girlfriend complied.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stiv_Bators

Just thought this was an interesting tid bit worth sharing.

#2 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:03 AM

About as bad as burning Gram Parsons' body - unsuccessfully - in the middle of the road at Joshua Tree.  Let alone, how about Jim might not have wanted that?

#3 Moses Jones

Moses Jones

Waiting For The Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:59 PM

I got a feeling Jim didn't care about much by 1990.

#4 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (Moses Jones @ Aug 23 2011, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got a feeling Jim didn't care about much by 1990.

Blame it on my Episcopalian convent education, but I think graves are personal to those buried in them, and that the departed certainly know where their earthly remains are.  To me, it's really offensive to just dump ashes on a grave where someone is buried, when you didn't even know them and vice versa.  

Speaking of Jim and where he might be nowadays, did you know about the woman who now lives in the house where Jim grew up in Virginia, who is haunted by him?  I thought it was an interesting story.  http://www.nme.com/news/the-doors/56915

#5 Moses Jones

Moses Jones

Waiting For The Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (mewsical @ Aug 24 2011, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Blame it on my Episcopalian convent education, but I think graves are personal to those buried in them, and that the departed certainly know where their earthly remains are.  To me, it's really offensive to just dump ashes on a grave where someone is buried, when you didn't even know them and vice versa.  

Speaking of Jim and where he might be nowadays, did you know about the woman who now lives in the house where Jim grew up in Virginia, who is haunted by him?  I thought it was an interesting story.  http://www.nme.com/news/the-doors/56915

I agree it's not something I wouldn't especially appreciate.  Had this account not been published nobody would know about it...

Imagine all the wine, whiskey and beer that been poured on that grave over the years? Interesting article regarding the haunting. I don't believe it for a second but interesting none the less.

#6 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE (Moses Jones @ Aug 24 2011, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree it's not something I wouldn't especially appreciate.  Had this account not been published nobody would know about it...

Imagine all the wine, whiskey and beer that been poured on that grave over the years? Interesting article regarding the haunting. I don't believe it for a second but interesting none the less.

I think the haunting story could bear more investigation, personally.  Perhaps one of the psychic shows could have a look-see.  Either debunk it, or verify it.  

#7 knowidea

knowidea

Morrison Hotel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:29 PM

I've never met a psychic yet who was either wrong or didn't tell me something I already knew.

#8 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE (knowidea @ Aug 26 2011, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've never met a psychic yet who was either wrong or didn't tell me something I already knew.

I was misleading in the last post, because these shows feature paranormal investigators - more scientific involving lots of gear!  A couple of the shows will bring in psychics, but usually not.  

My favorite is Ghost Hunters, but there's a lot more out there.  For some reason, there's a huge upsurge of interest in this subject matter these days.  

#9 Moses Jones

Moses Jones

Waiting For The Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:56 PM

Why is it always seems to be the ghosts of famous people that are reported? I'D like to think I would make as imposing and troublesome of a ghost as anyone else.

#10 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (Moses Jones @ Sep 5 2011, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why is it always seems to be the ghosts of famous people that are reported? I'D like to think I would make as imposing and troublesome of a ghost as anyone else.

There's so much television programming on the paranormal these days, non-famous 99% of the time.  The only recent famous one was an in-depth investigation at Hurricane Mills, a town/mansion that Loretta Lynn owns, which has some activity from the Civil War days.

You can come back and haunt that farm of yours!

#11 DeadAsADoorNail

DeadAsADoorNail

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:51 PM

Enjoy a rare look at Stiv Bators with Sid Vicious and Nancy Spungen and Cynthia Ross (of the B Girls!... like the "Invasion of the Bee Girls" movie) on a NYC public access show from September 18, 1978! And lament the closing of the Chelsea Hotel!

The Efrom Allen Show 1978

And for the hell of it Sid in Paris! For Jim's sake...  cool.gif
Sid Vicious in Paris

And Cynthia Ross of the B-Girls
The B-Girls! 1977
The B-Girls! 1977
The B-Girls 1985!

Invasion of the Bee Girls!(1973)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users