3 replies to this topic

#1 breakonthru

breakonthru

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:38 AM

I just wanted to post something here to John directly that's special to me and hopefully John will read this.......my mom passed away two years ago at age 82 which has been very difficult for me....but about three-4 years before, she discovered The Doors! I had bought one of the concert videos and invited her to watch it with me, which she did....and   she said, "I like the drummer the best!" She was an English teacher back in the 60's-70's and could appreciate many types of music.......I have posted about her enjoying your drumming, but at that time she was still with us on this earthly plane. But now that she's gone, in body anyway, it is very important that I let  John  personally know that his talents could be appreciated by ALL  ages, people from ALLl walks of life and that's a true testimony to what he and The Doors were actually all about......every time I hear John's exquisite emotive  drumming, I think about my mom and what a special lady she was. She knew quality when she heard it! Thanks for giving the world such joy and artistry Mr. Densmore! I believe in reincarnation so I know my mother is going  onward to a new adventure and a new mission. btw, she  and my dad were married at the Self-Realization Temple in Pacific Palisades...it was interesting to know that you were married there too.....Thank you again, I'll never forget The Doors  ...  and I know my mom won't either...

#2 John

John

Debut

• Official
  • Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (breakonthru @ May 16 2011, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just wanted to post something here to John directly that's special to me and hopefully John will read this.......my mom passed away two years ago at age 82 which has been very difficult for me....but about three-4 years before, she discovered The Doors! I had bought one of the concert videos and invited her to watch it with me, which she did....and   she said, "I like the drummer the best!" She was an English teacher back in the 60's-70's and could appreciate many types of music.......I have posted about her enjoying your drumming, but at that time she was still with us on this earthly plane. But now that she's gone, in body anyway, it is very important that I let  John  personally know that his talents could be appreciated by ALL  ages, people from ALLl walks of life and that's a true testimony to what he and The Doors were actually all about......every time I hear John's exquisite emotive  drumming, I think about my mom and what a special lady she was. She knew quality when she heard it! Thanks for giving the world such joy and artistry Mr. Densmore! I believe in reincarnation so I know my mother is going  onward to a new adventure and a new mission. btw, she  and my dad were married at the Self-Realization Temple in Pacific Palisades...it was interesting to know that you were married there too.....Thank you again, I'll never forget The Doors  ...  and I know my mom won't either...

Wow... didn't see this until now... your mom sounded very "cool." Thanks for the story, john d.

#3 Next Little Girl

Next Little Girl

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:42 PM

I saw this and wanted to hit the like button, so...

Here's the like button smile.gif [X] smile.gif

Sheri Likes this!

#4 Next Little Girl

Next Little Girl

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:44 PM

I finally got my like button, but when I click it... it says I have reached my positive votes for the day! :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users