mutenostrilagony

Strange Days

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (Helen @ Oct 3 2010, 03:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sub Section 11 Amendment to the Old Doors Partnership Agreement March 11th 1971

"On March 11th 1971 the parties executed a one page amendment to the Old Doors Partnership Agreement. It sets forth a specific provision prohibiting the use of the name, The Doors, by any partner upon termination of the partnership for any reason other than the death of a partner. The amendment was prompted by a concern that after L.A. Woman was delivered to Elektra, Morrison might leave the band and form another band in Europe using the name 'The Doors.'

Also.....does the above mean that if Ray, Robbie and John had decided to work with another singer, i.e. Michael Stull, they would have been able to keep the name The Doors if Jim had not died?

Hmmmm... I am sure the 3 of them had their doubts but regardless of this agreement they elected to continue on as the doors anyway.

#22 WildChild28

WildChild28

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 02:51 AM

I also would like to know if it was clear that Jim never come back and never will play with the doors what they told to their fans. I mean the doors had many fans they were like the Rolling Stones everybody know them so when Jim left to Paris the gave an interview to tell the fans that Jim left or didnt they told that decision to their fans??

#23 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE (WildChild28 @ Oct 3 2010, 03:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also would like to know if it was clear that Jim never come back and never will play with the doors what they told to their fans. I mean the doors had many fans they were like the Rolling Stones everybody know them so when Jim left to Paris the gave an interview to tell the fans that Jim left or didnt they told that decision to their fans??

They weren't like the Rolling Stones, for a start.  Not nearly as many fans.  They were better known in the US than in Europe, where they had barely gotten a foothold.  

I think the official line was that Jim was taking a sabbatical, and no other comment was made publicly.

#24 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE (mutenostrilagony @ Oct 2 2010, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmmm... I am sure the 3 of them had their doubts but regardless of this agreement they elected to continue on as the doors anyway.

And that landed them in court.  The Doors did not continue on as The Doors for very long after Jim's death.  After that, any attempt to regroup as "The Doors" was violative of the agreement.  If it was done in anticipation of preventing Jim from forming another band and calling it The Doors, guess it turned into a sword that cut both ways.  It may have prevented him, if he'd lived, but it also prevented them, when he died.

The Doors died with Jim Morrison.

#25 WildChild28

WildChild28

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:32 AM

QUOTE (mewsical @ Oct 3 2010, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They weren't like the Rolling Stones, for a start.  Not nearly as many fans.  They were better known in the US than in Europe, where they had barely gotten a foothold.  

I think the official line was that Jim was taking a sabbatical, and no other comment was made publicly.

Oh i didnt know that!!! In Ray's book he always compared them with the Stones and the Beatles  rolleyes.gif Just thought cause there was a tour in Europe!!! But in the US they had many fans, no? I am just wondering that everything endet so suddenly and anybody cared about that! I thought Jim was an idol for many people and many people knew him so i am just wondering.

#26 Sacha

Sacha

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:25 AM

I am not saying that Rayís book is inaccurate and I think it was a good read, but some of the stuff he said in there made me question a few things.  I am not saying it didnít happened but maybe it didnít happen quite the way itís described/explained.

It's just a feeling I get.

#27 WildChild28

WildChild28

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE (Sacha @ Oct 4 2010, 05:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not saying that Rayís book is inaccurate and I think it was a good read, but some of the stuff he said in there made me question a few things.  I am not saying it didnít happened but maybe it didnít happen quite the way itís described/explained.

I understand what you mean i had the same feeling!!

#28 gotothelight

gotothelight

L.A. Woman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE (Sacha @ Oct 4 2010, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not saying that Ray's book is inaccurate and I think it was a good read, but some of the stuff he said in there made me question a few things.  I am not saying it didn't happened but maybe it didn't happen quite the way it's described/explained.

I suspect that Mr Manzarek has quite a vivid imagination at times

#29 knowidea

knowidea

Morrison Hotel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:38 AM

I'm not saying what is true or not (I simply don't know).  I do think everyone reading from someone reciting from memory should always pose the question...is this creative embellishment?  Doesn't matter what you are reading (or hearing for that matter).

#30 gotothelight

gotothelight

L.A. Woman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE (knowidea @ Oct 4 2010, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not saying what is true or not (I simply don't know).  I do think everyone reading from someone reciting from memory should always pose the question...is this creative embellishment?  Doesn't matter what you are reading (or hearing for that matter).

Good point Jim. Reciting from memory (especially memories that are 40+ years old) is pretty much odds against complete accuracy.

#31 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:07 AM

I think Ray probably recalls things pretty well, but he wants to create a certain impression, so he fiddles with facts.  What he didn't count on was the amount of people who arrived via cyberspace, who were also there, with their own versions of events.

#32 gotothelight

gotothelight

L.A. Woman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 04:09 AM

QUOTE (mewsical @ Oct 4 2010, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Ray probably recalls things pretty well, but he wants to create a certain impression, so he fiddles with facts.  What he didn't count on was the amount of people who arrived via cyberspace, who were also there, with their own versions of events.

Yeah well ye olde fact fiddler twists them. Like Pretzels.

#33 Sacha

Sacha

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:05 AM

I like them salty pretzels biggrin.gif

#34 mutenostrilagony

mutenostrilagony

Strange Days

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:15 AM

QUOTE (gotothelight @ Oct 5 2010, 01:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I suspect that Mr Manzarek has quite a vivid imagination at times

when first reading ray's book it was good to learn some interesting facts, how the band formed and how he expressed his
point of view.

QUOTE (mewsical @ Oct 4 2010, 01:07 PM)

I think Ray probably recalls things pretty well, but he wants to create a certain impression, so he fiddles with facts. What he didn't count on was the amount of people who arrived via cyberspace, who were also there, with their own versions of events.

I thought that ray was writing just as his version of history as it happened.  John's was more insightful from the heart, although out of the group ray is probably the best interviewee but I think by the time he wrote the book his recollections were a bit stale as if he told his story so many times, it was not a best seller but at least he got it out there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users