2 replies to this topic

#1 mutenostrilagony

mutenostrilagony

Strange Days

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 02:16 AM

The beginning of the seventies, hmmm I am tempted to quote danny sugarman from his book wonderland avenue where he says "if the sixties were party time than the seventies were bed time.  Well, I was born near the mid-seventies but some may find this statement correct or debatable, the state of the doors...the miami trial was in full swing, the doors were performing sporadically more often or not as evidenced now with the brirght midnight releases of the so called "Morrison hotel" tour the last with Morrison but what about this album itself.  Personally my fav doors album and morrison's as well when asked at the Isle of wright performance later in the year.  Critics praised this album and said the doors were back with the traditional  blues gutsy and grittier sound, no strings or horns just rock pure doors.  They should have included rock is dead because the only thing is there is no long song on this album.  Roadhouse blues, you make me real and waiting for the sun highlight the "hard rock cafe" section of the album Blue sunday, ship of fools, the spy some mellower tunes for the soft rock.

1970 would ultimately be a telling year for the group with some success with this album and a string of successful concerts namely the felt forum in new york the cobo hall in Detroit and end and the isle of wright performance in england with ultimately the worst being the last with Morrison in New orleans.  The group would effortlessly record la woman their final, morrison swan song to rave reviews although the future was uncertain and end was always near.  Morrison would be dead a year later ending a six year career but the doors would do 2 more albums but were unable to carry on without the front of their diamond.

#2 knowidea

knowidea

Morrison Hotel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:22 AM

I like that line "If the sixties were party time then the seventies were bed time"   I would like to add...we are still asleep and I'm having one hell of a nightmare right now!

#3 worm man

worm man

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (knowidea @ Sep 29 2010, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like that line "If the sixties were party time then the seventies were bed time"   I would like to add...we are still asleep and I'm having one hell of a nightmare right now!

lol...those are just 60's acid flashbacks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users