21 replies to this topic

#1 Encuentro

Encuentro

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 295 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:37 PM

Here is the video of the CNN interview with Ray and Robby. As you would expect, it's pretty standard stuff. Ray says that Jim was Dionysus reincarnated. The only thing out of the ordinary is that they briefly discuss Other Voices and Full Circle.
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/201...?iref=allsearch

#2 NP

NP

Waiting For The Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (Encuentro @ Jul 29 2010, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is the video of the CNN interview with Ray and Robby. As you would expect, it's pretty standard stuff. Ray says that Jim was Dionysus reincarnated. The only thing out of the ordinary is that they briefly discuss Other Voices and Full Circle.

ugh, ray makes me nauseous at all times. always. i can't believe he started up w/ that "well no one really knows, sealed coffin" bullshit, its 2010! what a jackass. idk how he sleeps at night.

otherwise, thank-you. nice to hear from robby, can't wait for his book.

#3 Sacha

Sacha

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 04:34 AM

Oh my god Ray, give it up! Jim crushed that Dionis Greek god image long before his death.

I think Ray is stuck in 1967 folks.

Robbie is always so humble in his responses.

#4 gotothelight

gotothelight

L.A. Woman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:16 AM

QUOTE (NP @ Jul 30 2010, 05:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ugh, ray makes me nauseous at all times. always. i can't believe he started up w/ that "well no one really knows, sealed coffin" bullshit, its 2010! what a jackass. idk how he sleeps at night.

otherwise, thank-you. nice to hear from robby, can't wait for his book.

Ray probably sleeps at night by counting leather pants wearing Jim Morrison's...

#5 jym

jym

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:10 AM

I like Robby's "Muslim kids love our stuff"

#6 NP

NP

Waiting For The Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE (gotothelight @ Jul 30 2010, 06:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ray probably sleeps at night by counting leather pants wearing Jim Morrison's...

And instead of a head they just have a big dollar sign attached at the neck.

#7 Sacha

Sacha

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:36 AM

I wonder where they were doing the interview...Robbie's house maybe?

#8 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:41 AM

I couldn't get the video to run at all - some little kid in a pixie hat on a snowy suburban street was all I got, and then some plummy-voiced Brit bird yakking away, who obviously really doesn't know the Doors at all.  (Gawd - she actually said 'cultural zeitgeist'!  laugh.gif  She and Ray should get a room!)

"We would have done anything we could to keep him alive, and not let him go to Paris."  - Ray.

Really?  Did he actually SAY that?

Ooh, a sealed coffin was put in the ground!  "Our manager - he was just a kid!"  Oh, garbage, Ray.  Agnes Varda saw him dead.  And she had no agenda whatsoever.  So did the EMS personnel.  HE'S DEAD, RAY.

Strangely, after that, the CNN broadcast goes into Japanese.  

#9 Sacha

Sacha

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (mewsical @ Jul 30 2010, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I couldn't get the video to run at all - some little kid in a pixie hat on a snowy suburban street was all I got, and then some plummy-voiced Brit bird yakking away, who obviously really doesn't know the Doors at all.  (Gawd - she actually said 'cultural zeitgeist'!  laugh.gif  She and Ray should get a room!)

"We would have done anything we could to keep him alive, and not let him go to Paris."  - Ray.

Really?  Did he actually SAY that?

Ooh, a sealed coffin was put in the ground!  "Our manager - he was just a kid!"  Oh, garbage, Ray.  Agnes Varda saw him dead.  And she had no agenda whatsoever.  So did the EMS personnel.  HE'S DEAD, RAY.

Strangely, after that, the CNN broadcast goes into Japanese.

Yes he did say all theses things.

I'm telling you Ray is stuck in 67 lol

#10 darkstar

darkstar

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE (Encuentro @ Jul 29 2010, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for posting this link.  Now we can hear the questions that CNN chose to ask Manzarek & Krieger.

These are the questions that CNN chose to be broadcast on the air when they advertised for fans to send questions in an article July 14 2010.

All of the questions posed to Manzarek and Krieger, came from the July 14th articles' request.  Unless the question list was edited, the questions appear following the article at the link below.

http://forum.johndensmore.com/index.php?showtopic=4189

Ray never gives up on keeping the myth alive that Jim Morrison may still be alive. He started these rumors back in 1974 when hosted the "Jim Morrison Disappearance Party" at the Whisky.

No One Here Gets Out Alive was edited by Manzarek and the reader was left to ponder the question themselves if Jim was actually dead or alive.  

In more recent times when he was giving his $40 a ticket lectures at the Learning Annex in Los Angeles & San Diego in 1999 he was using this rumor combined with Jim's body being dug up because the lease was up in 2001.  Of course we know there was never a lease on the plot.  

When Ray was flogging his biography and the Poet In Exile book the rumor of Jim being alive made the rounds again from interview to interview.  

When Ray started his tribute act he proclaimed that Jim was dead and buried in Paris and now that he is flogging the When Your Strange film and potential dvd sales, once again the rumor starts over again.

Several people in Paris claim to have seen Jim's body including the fire Capt. and paramedics who arrived on the scene but Ray wants us to believe his story other than an eye witness who was there.

I guess it is true what they say, Ray pays no attention to reading his own reviews or any clippings from the newpapers.  Or maybe he does read them and just doesn't realize how many, many times over the past decades he has used the "alive" rumor as a means of boosting sales.

#11 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE (Sacha @ Jul 30 2010, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes he did say all theses things.

I'm telling you Ray is stuck in 67 lol

No, it's not '67 he's stuck in when it comes to that specious statement about stopping Jim going to Paris.  That's pure revisionism.  They did absolutely nothing to prevent him going to Paris and Ray knows it.  Let alone his snotty remark about Siddons being 'just a kid.'  Was he 'just a kid' when he got all those dates organized, Ray?  Apparently not.  And then, with all due respect, the next manager the Doors get is Danny, who was ten years younger than Bill.

Ray should be stuck in something, but it ain't '67, that's for sure.

#12 Sacha

Sacha

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:17 AM

Is it me or Ray seemed more humble in his younger years?

#13 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (Sacha @ Jul 30 2010, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it me or Ray seemed more humble in his younger years?

When Jim was alive?

#14 gotothelight

gotothelight

L.A. Woman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (mewsical @ Jul 30 2010, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

laugh.gif

#15 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (gotothelight @ Jul 30 2010, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif

Begs suggestions as to what Ray should be stuck in, but I ain't goin' there!

#16 gotothelight

gotothelight

L.A. Woman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (mewsical @ Jul 30 2010, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When Jim was alive?

lol... well that would make sense. I doubt he would've been so stupidly outspoken about his fantasy Jim if Jim was standing close enough to cold-cock him :-)

#17 Encuentro

Encuentro

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 295 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (gotothelight @ Jul 31 2010, 02:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol... well that would make sense. I doubt he would've been so stupidly outspoken about his fantasy Jim if Jim was standing close enough to cold-cock him :-)

Aside from the obvious reason that Jim is no longer with us, one of the saddest things about Jim's passing is the fact that Ray has appointed himself the keeper of the flame. He wasn't nearly as outspoken when Jim was alive. If Jim were still around, it is likely that Ray would not have been able to hijack The Doors' legacy or Jim's image for the sake of financial gain as he has for nearly 40 years. Those who are only casually familiar with The Doors have an image of them that is based primarily on Ray's talking points some of which made their way, once again, into the CNN interview.

#18 gotothelight

gotothelight

L.A. Woman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:40 AM

QUOTE (Encuentro @ Jul 30 2010, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aside from the obvious reason that Jim is no longer with us, one of the saddest things about Jim's passing is the fact that Ray has appointed himself the keeper of the flame. He wasn't nearly as outspoken when Jim was alive. If Jim were still around, it is likely that Ray would not have been able to hijack The Doors' legacy or Jim's image for the sake of financial gain as he has for nearly 40 years. Those who are only casually familiar with The Doors have an image of them that is based primarily on Ray's talking points some of which made their way, once again, into the CNN interview.

Very well said.. and I agree. Quite sad really.

#19 gotothelight

gotothelight

L.A. Woman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 05:48 AM

QUOTE (mewsical @ Jul 30 2010, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, it's not '67 he's stuck in when it comes to that specious statement about stopping Jim going to Paris.  That's pure revisionism.  They did absolutely nothing to prevent him going to Paris and Ray knows it.  Let alone his snotty remark about Siddons being 'just a kid.'  Was he 'just a kid' when he got all those dates organized, Ray?  Apparently not.  And then, with all due respect, the next manager the Doors get is Danny, who was ten years younger than Bill.

Perhaps Bill Siddons was "just a kid" when it suited Ray's agenda. And you're right about Danny being 10 years younger. Maybe some "kids" appealed to his need for power more than others. Let's face it. Ray had no chance in hell of getting Siddons to do his dirty work.. but Danny was someone he could 'mold' into what he wanted. Danny had a drug problem and needed money to support his habit. Ray payed him to do what he wanted him to do. The perfect storm. Period. In my opinion, if Ray ever really gave a shit about Danny, he would've stopped giving him money and gotten him some help instead.

#20 hollifer

hollifer

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (gotothelight @ Jul 30 2010, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif  

'dionysus reincarnated...', blah, blah, blah. oh, ray, please stoooop! gave me the giggles, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users