#1 John

John

Debut

• Official
  • Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:46 PM

Hello friends.

I just want to catch you up on a recent development.  You may have heard about my new book project.  Yes, I have written a book about some recent experiences of mine in the Doors, including the actual experience of the trial with my band-mates.  It is titled “The Doors: Unhinged – Rock n’ Roll Goes Up On Trial.”  Unfortunately, without a written agreement or my authorization, a publisher announced the forthcoming publication of the book as part of its catalog, and pre-orders were even being taken on-line.

The book is basically finished, but there is no written publishing agreement.  The premature announcement of publication forced me to file a suit to prevent the unauthorized release of the book.  I am hopeful that the matter will be resolved soon, which seems to be the case, and that my literary agent will soon reach an agreement with a new publisher.  

I am as excited about getting the book published and “out there” as are you to read it, but all these legal issues about publication now have to be “cleaned up”.  I’ll keep you posted, and thanks for all your continued support,  john d.

#2 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (John @ Jul 29 2010, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello friends.

I just want to catch you up on a recent development.  You may have heard about my new book project.  Yes, I have written a book about some recent experiences of mine in the Doors, including the actual experience of the trial with my band-mates.  It is titled “The Doors: Unhinged – Rock n’ Roll Goes Up On Trial.”  Unfortunately, without a written agreement or my authorization, a publisher announced the forthcoming publication of the book as part of its catalog, and pre-orders were even being taken on-line.

The book is basically finished, but there is no written publishing agreement.  The premature announcement of publication forced me to file a suit to prevent the unauthorized release of the book.  I am hopeful that the matter will be resolved soon, which seems to be the case, and that my literary agent will soon reach an agreement with a new publisher.  

I am as excited about getting the book published and “out there” as are you to read it, but all these legal issues about publication now have to be “cleaned up”.  I’ll keep you posted, and thanks for all your continued support,  john d.

Obviously, protracted litigation benefits nobody at all.  Good luck with the new publishing deal, and hope to see the book out there soon!

#3 djpauledge

djpauledge

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (John @ Jul 29 2010, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello friends.

The book is basically finished, but there is no written publishing agreement. The premature announcement of publication forced me to file a suit to prevent the unauthorized release of the book.  I am hopeful that the matter will be resolved soon, which seems to be the case, and that my literary agent will soon reach an agreement with a new publisher.  

I`ve got a spare one you can have, admittedly isn`t worth the paper it is written on, because unlike most decent human beings, you apparently believe you can renege on a deal and negate all personal responsibility by hiding behind your manager. Your manager Jeff Jampol issued it through Wixen Music Publishing on February 28 2005. Get Mandel to email me, I`ll send him a copy, Diane has my email address. Love how you allowed your manager to hang the anti-war movement out to dry and insult the victims who died in Katrina, but we don`t mention that do we John? Why let a bit of principle and helping people who desperately needed help get in the way of keeping that train of lies rolling.

So let me get this straight, they say they had an agreement, you say you didn`t. Wow that sounds remarkably familiar. hmmmmmmmm. What to do what to do...

Karma is a bitch eh ?

#4 gotothelight

gotothelight

L.A. Woman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE (John @ Jul 29 2010, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello friends.

I just want to catch you up on a recent development.  You may have heard about my new book project.  Yes, I have written a book about some recent experiences of mine in the Doors, including the actual experience of the trial with my band-mates.  It is titled "The Doors: Unhinged – Rock n' Roll Goes Up On Trial."  Unfortunately, without a written agreement or my authorization, a publisher announced the forthcoming publication of the book as part of its catalog, and pre-orders were even being taken on-line.

I am as excited about getting the book published and "out there" as are you to read it, but all these legal issues about publication now have to be "cleaned up".  I'll keep you posted, and thanks for all your continued support,  john d.

Thanks for the statement John.

#5 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:40 AM

QUOTE (djpauledge @ Jul 29 2010, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I`ve got a spare one you can have, admittedly isn`t worth the paper it is written on, because unlike most decent human beings, you apparently believe you can renege on a deal and negate all personal responsibility by hiding behind your manager. Your manager Jeff Jampol issued it through Wixen Music Publishing on February 28 2005. Get Mandel to email me, I`ll send him a copy, Diane has my email address. Love how you allowed your manager to hang the anti-war movement out to dry and insult the victims who died in Katrina, but we don`t mention that do we John? Why let a bit of principle and helping people who desperately needed help get in the way of keeping that train of lies rolling.

So let me get this straight, they say they had an agreement, you say you didn`t. Wow that sounds remarkably familiar. hmmmmmmmm. What to do what to do...

Karma is a bitch eh ?

Working in litigation, it keeps us all gainfully employed when people decide to change their minds on a contract.  Many decent human beings do it for a myriad of reasons.  It's not the mark of Cain, you know.

#6 djpauledge

djpauledge

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (mewsical @ Jul 30 2010, 07:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Working in litigation, it keeps us all gainfully employed when people decide to change their minds on a contract.  Many decent human beings do it for a myriad of reasons.  It's not the mark of Cain, you know.

Oh God, the paralegal tries to sound intelligent and jumps in with a nonsensical comment.

What goes around comes around, and whilst I appreciate you are nothing more than a gullible mouthpiece for Jampol`s duplicitous propaganda, fortunately, Karma is inevitable, John, I presume, is only too aware of that.  

Have a nice day....

#7 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (djpauledge @ Jul 30 2010, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh God, the paralegal tries to sound intelligent and jumps in with a nonsensical comment.

What goes around comes around, and whilst I appreciate you are nothing more than a gullible mouthpiece for Jampol`s duplicitous propaganda, fortunately, Karma is inevitable, John, I presume, is only too aware of that.  

Have a nice day....

As far as your somewhat histrionic postings, which make reference to matters that very few people know about, (probably nobody does), why you would pick this forum to air whatever your grievances are with Jeff Jampol, (a person I have no particular feeling about either way), when picking up a phone and addressing Jeff personally at his office, or sending him a letter would surely be more effective is completely beyond me.  I believe he has an email too, and you can contact him directly through the Doors' board via private message.  

Nobody killed anyone, sir.  It's a contract dispute.  Big deal.

I can tell you though that putting inflammatory and prejudicial statements in a public forum is just what makes lawyers very happy!  Feed the fire, pal!  laugh.gif

#8 knowidea

knowidea

Morrison Hotel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 01:48 PM

DJ, I actually enjoy reading 99% of your posts and find they contribute and elevate many of the topics but honestly, haven't you vented your spleen ad nauseum over your dislike for Jeff (and whoever else in the hierarchy)?  Obviously the answer is no.  I'm not saying who was right or who was wrong but damn dude...give it a break.  You can see we pretty much allow alternate views and disagreements on here...but this topic over and over is like a spurned old wench.   Since you seem to believe in so called Karma, maybe "letting go" might be appropriate...just a thought.

#9 gotothelight

gotothelight

L.A. Woman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (knowidea @ Jul 30 2010, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DJ, I actually enjoy reading 99% of your posts and find they contribute and elevate many of the topics but honestly, haven't you vented your spleen ad nauseum over your dislike for Jeff (and whoever else in the hierarchy)?  Obviously the answer is no.  I'm not saying who was right or who was wrong but damn dude...give it a break.  You can see we pretty much allow alternate views and disagreements on here...but this topic over and over is like a spurned old wench.   Since you seem to believe in so called Karma, maybe "letting go" might be appropriate...just a thought.

With all due respect Jim, there are other posters here who pretty much do that on a daily basis.. even several times a day...over and over. I find it a little hypocritical to make this post an issue when we're bombarded by this stuff regularly here.
I absolutely believe we should allow alternate views and disagreements... and we do. Other topics over and over.. such as the damn Doors shoes.. have been a constant here. Those..and other... (ad nauseum) posts about Jeff and The Doors hierarchy go by without a mention. I just think what's ok for some should be  ok for all.
Thanks.

#10 knowidea

knowidea

Morrison Hotel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 07:41 AM

General Bitching vs. Personal Vendetta.   There IS a difference.

#11 Guest_TheWallsScreamedPoetry_*

Guest_TheWallsScreamedPoetry_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:31 AM

QUOTE (knowidea @ Jul 31 2010, 07:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can I still call Jeff names?  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

On a more serious note that is the general farce surrounding the announcement/non announcemnet of this book.....which BTW I am looking forward too otherwise I would have not pre ordered the fucking thing.....when will you guys...and by that John I mean you the other two and anyone else working for you start announcing stuff when its actually ready rather than the bullshit announcements we get all the time about such things as BMR, Matrix and events where you will be present or not as the case may be.

Treat us with a bit of respect and you might....just might.....get some back in return because this particular Doors fan is sick to fucking death of being told one thing....getting all excited about it...and then finding out that ...to quote someone you once met....that 'it's a buncha bullshit'.

It would be nice to see your good self in Paris next July maybe promoting your book and I for one would be polite as they come to you if were there (not to your mates though or that large invisible manager of yours) but we fans get sick and tired of being treated like twats by those involved in this great enterprise and it's little wonder we vent our spleen sometimes in your direction.
Food for thought I hope JD mate as it would be nice to celebrate The Doors and Jim in particular for 2011 without having to suffer Greek deities, Jimbo's, shaman and other such annoying bullshit

#12 gotothelight

gotothelight

L.A. Woman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:59 AM

QUOTE (TheWallsScreamedPoetry @ Aug 3 2010, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can I still call Jeff names?  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Would you stop if we said 'no'? wink.gif

#13 Guest_TheWallsScreamedPoetry_*

Guest_TheWallsScreamedPoetry_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:45 AM

QUOTE (gotothelight @ Aug 3 2010, 05:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would you stop if we said 'no'? wink.gif

Say 'No' and find out  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

#14 djpauledge

djpauledge

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE (knowidea @ Jul 31 2010, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Personal vendetta? Do me a favour. What exactly did I say Jim that irked you so much? The truth? Now there`s a revelation

#15 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE (djpauledge @ Aug 3 2010, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personal vendetta? Do me a favour. What exactly did I say Jim that irked you so much? The truth? Now there`s a revelation

Paul, if I may.  You may very well be right in feeling that you were treated poorly, but it does seem somewhat pointless to air your grievances to a forum full of people who have absolutely no idea what your situation is.  I doubt John reads a lot of these posts, being focussed on the present and the future as he is.  The same would hold true of Jeff also.  

I'm sorry the experience left you feeling the way you do, but hopefully you can either put it behind you or find a remedy.

#16 djpauledge

djpauledge

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE (mewsical @ Aug 3 2010, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Paul, if I may.  You may very well be right in feeling that you were treated poorly, but it does seem somewhat pointless to air your grievances to a forum full of people who have absolutely no idea what your situation is.  I doubt John reads a lot of these posts, being focussed on the present and the future as he is.  The same would hold true of Jeff also.  

I'm sorry the experience left you feeling the way you do, but hopefully you can either put it behind you or find a remedy.

Ah, what exactly did I air? I made a very direct comparison to a current event to something that happened recently, and drew attention to the similarities and the consistent thread between both events.

As for being focused on the future, you appear to live in the past, it seems to justify your very existence, yet you have no problem with airing it on here. So are you saying, it is only acceptable to write about things that may or may not have happened, as compared to something that did happen, something that is backed up with a mountain of proof, something that had severe repercussions for a number of people, something that continues to have repercussions, almost on a daily basis and something that has a direct parallel with the topic of this thread?

So in your world, there is no moral responsibility for anyone to address ergregious mistakes made in the past?

#17 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (djpauledge @ Aug 3 2010, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, what exactly did I air? I made a very direct comparison to a current event to something that happened recently, and drew attention to the similarities and the consistent thread between both events.

As for being focused on the future, you appear to live in the past, it seems to justify your very existence, yet you have no problem with airing it on here. So are you saying, it is only acceptable to write about things that may or may not have happened, as compared to something that did happen, something that is backed up with a mountain of proof, something that had severe repercussions for a number of people, something that continues to have repercussions, almost on a daily basis and something that has a direct parallel with the topic of this thread?

So in your world, there is no moral responsibility for anyone to address ergregious mistakes made in the past?

You know, I'd appreciate it if you would stop slamming me personally, i.e. "you appear to live in the past," when my understanding is that the events you refer to also took place in the past.   You know very little about me, so to make prejudicial remarks simply weakens your position.

If you have 'a mountain of proof,' why is it you have not gone to law on this situation?  There are attorneys who will take a contract case on contingency if they feel there is a strong possibility of recovery, so have you approached any attorneys at all?

As far as morality and legality, there is no parity, unfortunately.  The are courts of law, but there are no courts of morality.  

I don't think that you will achieve any satisfaction from posting on this board as far as bothering John, Jeff, etc.   I would strongly suggest you talk to a lawyer and take their advice as to how to proceed.

#18 djpauledge

djpauledge

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (mewsical @ Aug 3 2010, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know, I'd appreciate it if you would stop slamming me personally, i.e. "you appear to live in the past," when my understanding is that the events you refer to also took place in the past.   You know very little about me, so to make prejudicial remarks simply weakens your position.

If you have 'a mountain of proof,' why is it you have not gone to law on this situation?  There are attorneys who will take a contract case on contingency if they feel there is a strong possibility of recovery, so have you approached any attorneys at all?

As far as morality and legality, there is no parity, unfortunately.  The are courts of law, but there are no courts of morality.  

I don't think that you will achieve any satisfaction from posting on this board as far as bothering John, Jeff, etc.   I would strongly suggest you talk to a lawyer and take their advice as to how to proceed.

Lol, everything in this country revolves around money doesn`t it? Sue, sue, get rich quick. Sue them Paul, they`ll pay anything to make this go away. Fight our battles with Jeff Jampol for us Paul, because we are too busy being spineless, gutless hypocrites and selling our principles for money. Do you know how many times I heard that?  I had a long list of attorneys lined up, all offering to sue on contingency, but you know what, I like to be able to look at myself in the mirror in the morning and contrary to what you may think, I believe music is sacred, it should not be interfered or sullied with by law suits and egotistical pissing contests and in that I include the music of The Doors. Danny Sugerman devoted his life to protecting that music, do you think I am going to facilitate someone like Jampol to further destroy Danny`s work by yet again dragging the name of the Doors through the press and courts? At what point do we as a society stop this grotesque pursuit of money at the expense of all else?

I gave away a 40,000 dollar movie online that was visited by over 20,000,000 people because the principle of fighting the evil that sent kids off to die in a war based on lies could never be bought, not even for a dollar a download. I walked away from a 250,000 recording contract because they wanted to tell me what type of music I should be making. Principle, look it up, to people like me, it means a hell of a lot, the truth means a hell of a lot, pursuit of money, its just a pain in the arse. I think I`ll stick with the pursuit of truth, whatever it costs. Victor Frankl once stated, "what is to give light, must endure burning", so be it.

I also made a promise to Pablo Manzarek that I personally would never sue whilst certain elements were in place, and unlike some people, my word is my bond, I never break it. You may regard that as naiive, you may think the only language Densmore et all understand is lawyers and lawsuits, if that`s the case, I find it somewhat sad to be honest. My attitude is today as it has always been, if this is the people they really are, then they will be found out eventually.  I personally thought Densmore was better than that, based on what he has written, the causes he has fought for and the music he has created, I believed him to be a man of principle, I believed that he would see the right thing done, and if he didn`t, Karma would eventually rear its beautiful head. Densmore of all people should understand that basic concept if his belief system is really what he says it is.

However, I love how Truth has a way of finding its way to the surface, irrespective of how many lies are piled upon it. UTD is about to become more relevant today than it could ever have been 5 years ago, information is power, and one thing I have, locked away in my attorney`s office, is every email, contract, publishing agreement, screen shot that has ever existed to do with UTD, which tells a story that if you were say, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, being sued, may provide critical evidence for your defense.

Payback is a bitch.....

#19 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE (djpauledge @ Aug 3 2010, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol, everything in this country revolves around money doesn`t it? Sue, sue, get rich quick. Sue them Paul, they`ll pay anything to make this go away. Fight our battles with Jeff Jampol for us Paul, because we are too busy being hypocrites and selling our principles for money. Take Jampol on Paul, get him fired.... (always from people who were too gutless to go after his job themselves, go figure huh?). Do you know how many times I heard that? My parents offered to write me a blank cheque to see justice obtained. My aunt, a politician in Ireland at the time with some very heavy duty US political contacts, offered to step in. I had a long line of attorneys lined up, all offering to sue on contingency, but you know what, I like to be able to look at myself in the mirror in the morning and contrary to what you may think, I think music is sacred, it should not be interfered or sullied with by law suits and egotistical pissing contests and in that I include the music of The Doors. Danny Sugerman devoted his life to protecting that music, do you think I am going to facilitate someone like Jampol to further destroy Danny`s work by yet again dragging the name of the Doors through the press and courts? At what point do we as a society stop this grotesque pursuit of money at the expense of all else?

Bringing suit is not so much about the money, it's about principle.  You don't have to ask for a monetary reward for yourself, you can assign your recovery to a charity of your choice.  One thing people understand, besides being hit between the eyes with a two by four, is being smacked in the wallet.  But, you're right, you need to live with yourself.  Success isn't measured by what other people think of us, but by what we think of ourselves.

I gave away a 40,000 dollar movie online that was visited by over 20,000,000 people because the principle of fighting the evil that sent kids off to die in a war based on lies could never be bought, not even for a dollar a download. I walked away from a 250,000 recording contract because they wanted to tell me what type of music I should be making. Principle, look it up, to people like me, it means a hell of a lot, the truth means a hell of a lot, pursuit of money, its just a pain in the arse. I think I`ll stick with the pursuit of truth, whatever it costs. Victor Frankl once stated, "what is to give light, must endure burning", so be it.

I've always found it interesting that principal (money, authority) and principle (moral rectitude) sound exactly the same when spoken.

I also made a promise to Pablo Manzarek that I personally would never sue, and unlike some people, my word is my bond, I never break it. You may regard that as naiive, you may think the only language Densmore et all understand is lawyers and lawsuits, if that`s the case, I find it somewhat sad to be honest. My attitude is today as it has always been, if this is the people they really are, then they will be found out eventually.  I personally thought Densmore was better than that, based on what he has written, the causes he has fought for, I believed him to be a man of principle, I believed that he would see the right thing done, and if he didn`t, Karma would eventually rear its beautiful head. Densmore of all people should understand that basic concept if his belief system is really what he says it is.

I take your point.  

However, I love how Truth has a way of finding its way to the surface, irrespective of how many lies are piled upon it. UTD is about to become more relevant today than it could ever have been 5 years ago, information is power, and one thing I have, locked away in my attorney`s office, is every email, contract, publishing agreement, screen shot that has ever existed to do with UTD, which tells a story that if you were say, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, being sued, may provide critical evidence for your defense.

Payback is a bitch.....

What's UTD?  Sorry.  

I see you do have an attorney who is keeping your evidence for some reason.  If you have no intention of suing, may I suggest you take all these papers, etc.,  have a bonfire on the beach and be free of the whole thing.

All idols have feet of clay, Paul.  That's Showbiz 101.

#20 gotothelight

gotothelight

L.A. Woman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (mewsical @ Aug 3 2010, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Success isn't measured by what other people think of us, but by what we think of ourselves.

Well said Sally.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users