20 year over view of ROTS

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_TheWallsScreamedPoetry_*

Guest_TheWallsScreamedPoetry_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:11 AM

It's 20 years since JD wrote Riders On The Storm so maybe worth sharing any new perspectives of that book for 2010/2011.
Anyone got one or is reading the book now?

I might re read the book and take a crack at it later this year.

If anyone has one share it with us. laugh.gif

#2 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:06 PM

I've got one and read it in the recent past, i.e. last 18 months or so.  I'll be interested to see how John's perspectives have changed since the litigation, etc.  I thought ROTS was a good read, and certainly less irritating than Ray's book.  I do wish Robby would get on with his book too.

#3 Encuentro

Encuentro

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 295 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (mewsical @ Jul 27 2010, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've got one and read it in the recent past, i.e. last 18 months or so.  I'll be interested to see how John's perspectives have changed since the litigation, etc.  I thought ROTS was a good read, and certainly less irritating than Ray's book.  I do wish Robby would get on with his book too.

Robby said that his would be finished by the end of the year.

I read Riders on the Storm twice, once soon after it was published and once about 3 years ago. I found it to be very straightforward, and I believe that he expressed himself honestly.

#4 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (Encuentro @ Jul 26 2010, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Robby said that his would be finished by the end of the year.

I read Riders on the Storm twice, once soon after it was published and once about 3 years ago. I found it to be very straightforward, and I believe that he expressed himself honestly.

I'm looking forward to Robby's book. It might be a pack of lies, but at least different ones!  (Just kidding, Robby!)

#5 mutenostrilagony

mutenostrilagony

Strange Days

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:47 AM

well, john's book was a national best seller and I think ray was hoping for the same with his book but that was not to be.  The 1991 re-published edition was in a big paperback form and included some extra pics and an afterword by john which talked about the doors resurgence number 10 and a little about stone's movie which he revealed little info about probably because oliver stone liked his book and used it as a resource that is probably why he does not dismiss the film or oliver as much as ray does and john did have a cameo in the film but has his little criticisms " a third inaccurate", "but has integrity" which he said about jim.

I have reread sections of the book as I had to buy another copy 5 years ago and still think  of it as a rock and roll novel and an enjoyable read, clearly a lot of work went into it and an insidedrs view just like NOHGOA.  But my fav morrison book is break on through packed with loads of info and one I could not put down, still 20 years how time flies.  Time for an update, john oh, yeah now we have the doors unhinged.....can hardly wait and also robby's book.  What would be a good title for robby's book anyway?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users