#3 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (mojosmoothy @ Jul 1 2010, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've been meaning to go eat there, so this is the perfect excuse!  Margaritas on the patio, Tim?  I wonder if Danny visits as well?

http://www.gogomexico.com/  - here you go Helen!  You can visit in spirit! (ghost pun intentional!)

#4 hollifer

hollifer

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (mojosmoothy @ Jul 1 2010, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

excellent. looks like a very cool place.

love this quote:

"We had someone come in before we opened up, to do a 'spiritual cleaning' to try and put everything at peace, but in the end they told us, 'Sorry, whatever is here is not leaving.'

jim is harmless. he's just expressing his sense of humor and mingling with the patrons. at least it's a place that serves plenty of booze rather a place that sells vacuums or something.

#5 mojosmoothy

mojosmoothy

Waiting For The Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (mewsical @ Jul 1 2010, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been meaning to go eat there, so this is the perfect excuse!  Margaritas on the patio, Tim?  I wonder if Danny visits as well?

http://www.gogomexico.com/  - here you go Helen!  You can visit in spirit! (ghost pun intentional!)

Sugarman is in the kitchen drinking colt 45's,i hope they have a juke box.T

#6 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (mojosmoothy @ Jul 1 2010, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sugarman is in the kitchen drinking colt 45's,i hope they have a juke box.T

They have a happy hour 5-7.  I wonder what time Jim comes around and rattles the bathroom door handle?

#7 mojosmoothy

mojosmoothy

Waiting For The Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (mewsical @ Jul 1 2010, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They have a happy hour 5-7.  I wonder what time Jim comes around and rattles the bathroom door handle?

After he spends the morning at Barney's Beanery drinking and cavorting.Pecks bad boy.T

#8 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (mojosmoothy @ Jul 1 2010, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After he spends the morning at Barney's Beanery drinking and cavorting.Pecks bad boy.T

I'd love to see some of the paranormal cable shows do an investigation myself.  

Either way, I'm personally glad that the building is being put to positive use, with a real association to Jim and the Doors.  All we need is that stone bench outside, with this inscription on the back - a place for folks to rest for a moment and reflect:

"We came down
The rivers and highways
We came down from
Forests and falls
We came down from
Carson and Springfield
We came down from
Phoenix enthralled."

Last I looked, 962 N. La Cienega (the Elektra West Coast offices and studios) are still owned by creative companies.

#9 hollifer

hollifer

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE (mewsical @ Jul 1 2010, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it would be cool to have the Rescue Mediums investigate.

midori marguerita...yuuummmm.

#10 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE (hollifer @ Jul 2 2010, 07:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it would be cool to have the Rescue Mediums investigate.

midori marguerita...yuuummmm.

Who/what are Rescue Mediums?  I'm not familiar with them.

#11 hollifer

hollifer

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE (mewsical @ Jul 2 2010, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who/what are Rescue Mediums?  I'm not familiar with them.

it's a canadian show with two british ladies that cleanse houses with 'activity'. the show is no longer on in the US. they end the show with a toast in a pub. the blonde one is new. there used to be a dark-haired lady, which is when i watched it. they're funny. even they get spooked sometimes.

i think it's on the UK too.

http://www.rescuemediums.com/

#12 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:57 AM

The only Canadian paranormal show still on - I think the Syfy channel - is Ghost Encounters, which is quite good, but it's interviews with folks who've been haunted and mostly in Ontario for some reason!  Must be an active area.  Well produced though.

Sorry I missed Rescue Mediums.  Sounds good.

Otherwise, it's Zak Bagans or the good folks from TAPS (who work for Roto-Rooter as well as hunting ghosts)!  The TAPS guys usually spend time debunking as well - they've got a fair amount of experience in general contracting, it seems!

#13 mojosmoothy

mojosmoothy

Waiting For The Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (mewsical @ Jul 1 2010, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Either way, I'm personally glad that the building is being put to positive use, with a real association to Jim and the Doors.  All we need is that stone bench outside, with this inscription on the back - a place for folks to rest for a moment and reflect:

"We came down
The rivers and highways
We came down from
Forests and falls
We came down from
Carson and Springfield
We came down from
Phoenix enthralled."

Last I looked, 962 N. La Cienega (the Elektra West Coast offices and studios) are still owned by creative companies.

Yes Sally,That quote would be great.Perfect.I've recorded directors commentary at 962,the directors reflect on the movie.Morrisons vocal booth is  where the directors sit isolated w head sets and remark as the picture plays,I was w Paul Schrader who graduated a year after JDM from UCLA,didn't sense any spirits floating about,however the energy of the place was intense and strong,like something important had transpired there.T

#14 darkstar

darkstar

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:21 AM

From Ghost Hunters TAPS Official Site:

TAPS recommends the following organizations because they have demonstrated to us that they are professional, experienced, and knowledgable (please see our membership requirements for selection criteria).

California

American Paranormal Investigations (Sacramento)
API@the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com

Central California Paranormal Investigators (Fresno)
CCPIFresno@aol.com

Pacific Paranormal Investigations (El Cajon)
request@pacificparanormal.com

Pasadena Paranormal Research Society (Pasadena)
pprsteam@pasadenaghosthunters.com

Porterville Ghost Society (Porterville)
kat@portervilleghostsociety.com

San Francisco Ghost Society (San Francisco)
sfghostsociety@yahoo.com

San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research (Stockton)
Paranormalpals@gmail.com

South Coast Paranormal (San Diego)
request@scparanormal.com

The Atlantic Paranormal Society, West Coast (Los Angeles)
casemgrwest@the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com

http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society...ily/tflist.html

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

Welcome to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section. Please, check here before emailing a question to our Help department. Many times the answers you are seeking can be found there. If your answer is not on the FAQ’s, or on any of the links provided on the left, please feel free to email us. Please keep in mind that our response time may be a week or more, as we receive hundreds of emails daily.

http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society...neral/faqs.html

CASE REQUESTS

In order to facilitate the processing of your request, we ask that you obey the following proceedure. Otherwise we cannot guarantee that your request will be processed.

http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.../contactus.html

Looking to send us evidence or gifts?
Here is our address!

T.A.P.S.
2362 West Shore Rd.
Warwick, RI 02889

http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/

#15 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (darkstar @ Jul 2 2010, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From Ghost Hunters TAPS Official Site:

TAPS recommends the following organizations because they have demonstrated to us that they are professional, experienced, and knowledgable (please see our membership requirements for selection criteria).

California

American Paranormal Investigations (Sacramento)
API@the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com

Central California Paranormal Investigators (Fresno)
CCPIFresno@aol.com

Pacific Paranormal Investigations (El Cajon)
request@pacificparanormal.com

Pasadena Paranormal Research Society (Pasadena)
pprsteam@pasadenaghosthunters.com

Porterville Ghost Society (Porterville)
kat@portervilleghostsociety.com

San Francisco Ghost Society (San Francisco)
sfghostsociety@yahoo.com

San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research (Stockton)
Paranormalpals@gmail.com

South Coast Paranormal (San Diego)
request@scparanormal.com

The Atlantic Paranormal Society, West Coast (Los Angeles)
casemgrwest@the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com

http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society...ily/tflist.html

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

Welcome to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section. Please, check here before emailing a question to our Help department. Many times the answers you are seeking can be found there. If your answer is not on the FAQ’s, or on any of the links provided on the left, please feel free to email us. Please keep in mind that our response time may be a week or more, as we receive hundreds of emails daily.

http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society...neral/faqs.html

CASE REQUESTS

In order to facilitate the processing of your request, we ask that you obey the following proceedure. Otherwise we cannot guarantee that your request will be processed.

http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.../contactus.html

Looking to send us evidence or gifts?
Here is our address!

T.A.P.S.
2362 West Shore Rd.
Warwick, RI 02889

http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/

Thanks!  They might be interested in the blog link.  It's certainly a high-profile haunting, if that's what it actually is.  Either way, great publicity for both the restaurant and the Doors.   The place used to be an Italian restaurant - they didn't know all that much about its use by the Doors, until Rich and Bill stopped by for lunch one day and got them up to speed!

#16 Helen

Helen

Strange Days

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE (mewsical @ Jul 1 2010, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been meaning to go eat there, so this is the perfect excuse! Margaritas on the patio, Tim? I wonder if Danny visits as well?

http://www.gogomexico.com/ - here you go Helen! You can visit in spirit! (ghost pun intentional!)

Hi Mewsical. Thanks for the link. I shall take a peek tomorrow! Maybe the spirit will be stronger then!

#17 darkstar

darkstar

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (mewsical @ Jul 2 2010, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks!  They might be interested in the blog link.  It's certainly a high-profile haunting, if that's what it actually is.  Either way, great publicity for both the restaurant and the Doors.   The place used to be an Italian restaurant - they didn't know all that much about its use by the Doors, until Rich and Bill stopped by for lunch one day and got them up to speed!

Your welcome.  I'm sure you've seen the "Ghost Hunters" show on tv. I thought they may be the people to contact if the new restaurant owners were open to some kind of an investigation.  Being its a tv show we could all tune in to watch it when it airs.  I remember when the building was an Italian restaurant called Benvenuto. I have a photo of the outside of the place.  I was on my way to Barneys and just snapped a photo from across Santa Monica Blvd.

There is another article that showed up today on the net called "Mr. Mojo Risin" that includes photos of the inside of the building.

Mr. Mojo Risin’?
The Contrarian
Posted by Chris Parizo on Fri, Jul 2, 2010

“Come on! Let’s get some tacos!”

With this line, Val Kilmer’s slithery performance in Oliver Stone’s The Doors comes to a close. No doubt that Jim Morrison was one of rock’s most intriguing front men, yet by the end of his short life, he was a tubby, poor man’s Burroughs with a penchant for whiskey, women and Mexican food.

The Doors were the antithesis of the 1960s preoccupation with love and good vibes. Although based in sunny California, Jimbo and the boys dealt in the dark, macabre and hypnotic — unconventional themes for the time.

The surviving Doors never turn down an opportunity to wax nostalgic about their long dead singer, presenting him as everything from a 20th-Century shaman to a resurrection of Dionysus. Morrison was certainly aware of how his image shaped the band. His canny and often cryptic use of media created a lasting icon. Morrsion’s peackocking visage has leered from dorm room walls for generations, and continues to serve as a visual touchstone for the sexy, rebellious side of rock.

Ride the snake, kids. Ride the snake.

And here we are, 39 years since Morrison’s bloated body was found in a Paris bathtub. People around the world still celebrate the life of a man who claimed that the souls of Native American auto fatalities leapt into his body when he was a child. Well, Morrison’s own soul has apparently leapt into another vessel: a taco shop on West Hollywood’s Santa Monica Boulevard called Mexico Restaurante y Barra. Specifically, their bathroom.

Forty years ago this building was actually Doors HQ. Artists, musicians and sundry ’60s hangers-on would lounge around the future enchilada sling-shop to experience the times and create art. Call it Warhol Factory West.

What now is a bathroom was once Morrison’s vocal booth. Here, he recorded the vocal track for numerous songs, including my personal favorite, “LA Woman.” The restaurant pays tribute to the The Doors by augmenting the Mexican décor with band photos, gold records and other memorabilia.

Owners of the eatery, self-proclaimed Doors fans, feel the presence of Morrison in the bathroom. Light bulbs pop, the building makes moaning sounds and voices can be heard within the stalls.

Haunted or not, Mexico Restaurante y Barra is worth a visit if you find yourself in the neighborhood. A true piece of rock real estate, the walls have absorbed more than just the aroma of nachos, they’ve reverberated with the sounds of one of America’s legendary bands.

So go ahead and have a burrito. And if it happens to “Break on Through to the Other Side,” take a seat in the bathroom. Maybe the Lizard King will help you light that fire.

http://www.thecontrarianmedia.com/2010/07/mr-mojo-risin/

#18 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:22 PM

I was just watching an episode of TAPS (Ghost Hunters) working Salters' Mill in Rhode Island.  They were actually able to talk with a spirit of a 9 year old boy who used to work there, using a K7 EMF device.  They were having a lot of fun - invited the boy to go home with them, when he said he was lonely.  His name is Edward, he's 9, from Central Falls.  They were also able to pick up his voice on EVP - pretty loud and clear.  One of their better episodes.

For the blogger to call Mexico a 'taco shop' is to miss the point entirely.  It's a restaurant, and not cheap either.

TAPS would certainly fill the bill for the investigation - but they also might debunk the rattling door handle as some sort of structural defect!

Benvenuto was where Bill and Rich had lunch.  

#19 darkstar

darkstar

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:31 AM

QUOTE (mojosmoothy @ Jul 1 2010, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Pop Culture Road Trip
Uplifting stories about people, places, and things I encounter
across America.
by Chris Epting
July 5 2010

You may have seen this article I wrote for AOL News in the last few days. The headline blared, "Jim Morrison's Ghost said to Haunt Restaurant Bathroom."

Given the amount of mail I received about the piece, and how many times it was reposted, re-tweeted, re-whatever-else-you-can-do-to-a-link these days, I thought I'd address the piece here.

Originally, I'd pitched AOL on the idea of a visit to the aforementioned restaurant bathroom on the anniversary of Doors lead singer Jim Morrison's death (I'm a regular contributor to AOL News and that's basically how it works--each week or so I pitch a series of new ideas and then go write the ones they choose).

Why visit the bathroom? Well, it was also the vocal booth where Morrison recorded the "L.A. Woman" album. See, the building once served as Doors headquarters back in the early 70s-functioning as a crash pad/office/recording studios.

Well, in the course of interviewing the folks who own/run the restaurant today, some of the focus of the story shifted. That's because to a person, they all described the strange sensations they feel in the place--the feeling that the restaurant ("Mexico") still holds some restless spiritual component of Jim Morrison.

Some of the mail I started receiving accused the owners of contriving the story as a means of attracting customers. That's why I wanted to write this piece - to say that based on my experiences as a journalist, interviewing hundreds of people each year, that these folks were completely earnest, honest and genuine.

They spoke independent of each other, and again, it's not the story I set out to cover.
But over the course of my questions they all sort of delicately broached the subject and so I explored the topic further, resulting the story.

That said, much of the mail I received also reflected a genuine interest in the possible spiritual presence of Morrison--and the satisfying fact that the bathroom had been honored with a gold record and hand-written lyric sheet.

Anyway, just thought I'd clarify that -  the people in Mexico believe what they believe and I believe they believe what they believe.

Make sense? ?smile.gif

... do you believe?

http://blog.beliefnet.com/popcultureroadtr...restaurant.html

#20 Guest_TheWallsScreamedPoetry_*

Guest_TheWallsScreamedPoetry_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:22 AM

Jim also divides his time haunting Polly Magoo bar in Paris apparently.  laugh.gif

One thing I do admire is that the place respects the History of the Doors and as I also love Mexican food would love to pay them a visit laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users