liquidsunshine

Debut

• Omega
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:04 PM

Pararble of the Good Shepherd

john 10;9  

"I am the Door, if anyone enters through me he shall be saved and shall go in and out and find pasture"

-jim-

#2 Helen

Helen

Strange Days

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (liquidsunshine @ Jun 12 2010, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

john 10;9  

"I am the Door, if anyone enters through me he shall be saved and shall go in and out and find pasture"

-jim-

#3 Helen

Helen

Strange Days

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:35 PM

Sounds like 'Door to Door' service to me! tongue.gif

#4 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:51 AM

This reminds me of a silly story about my grandmother.  The family spent about 40 years in India, where my grandfather worked in forestry and conservation for the Indian government, which entailed a great deal of traveling up and down the sub-continent.  My grandmother never really got the hang of any of the languages, although she was okay with basic conversation.  My grandfather was better at more involved communications.  One day they were staying at a hotel in Calcutta, and my grandfather had disappeared for a meeting.  My grandmother managed to lose the key to the hotel room, so mustering her scant knowledge of Hindustani, she began buttonholing various members of the hotel staff in the hallway, proclaiming loudly (she thought), "I've lost the key."  For some reason, the staff gave her wild-eyed looks and ran away.  This frustrated my grandmother to no end, until the arrival of an English-speaking manager.  She complained about the staff running away from her, at which the manager barely concealed a wide grin.  He gently informed her that the staff had alerted him that there was a mad memsahib running in the halls, wildly shouting, "I am the key, I am the key!"  

#5 Helen

Helen

Strange Days

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE (mewsical @ Jun 16 2010, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This reminds me of a silly story about my grandmother. The family spent about 40 years in India, where my grandfather worked in forestry and conservation for the Indian government, which entailed a great deal of traveling up and down the sub-continent. My grandmother never really got the hang of any of the languages, although she was okay with basic conversation. My grandfather was better at more involved communications. One day they were staying at a hotel in Calcutta, and my grandfather had disappeared for a meeting. My grandmother managed to lose the key to the hotel room, so mustering her scant knowledge of Hindustani, she began buttonholing various members of the hotel staff in the hallway, proclaiming loudly (she thought), "I've lost the key." For some reason, the staff gave her wild-eyed looks and ran away. This frustrated my grandmother to no end, until the arrival of an English-speaking manager. She complained about the staff running away from her, at which the manager barely concealed a wide grin. He gently informed her that the staff had alerted him that there was a mad memsahib running in the halls, wildly shouting, "I am the key, I am the key!"

Thats funny. If I had been your grandmother, I'm sure i would have felt mortified at the time, but over time I'd find it a very fond and funny memory smile.gif

#6 bikerbrom

bikerbrom

Waiting For The Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:50 AM

.....hmm......

I made the door to the cupboard under the stairs....

"if anyone enters through it he shall be saved and shall go in and out and" find useful things like screwdrivers, hammers, half-used pots of paint, spare floor and wall tiles, plaster................

#7 Guest_TheWallsScreamedPoetry_*

Guest_TheWallsScreamedPoetry_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:06 AM

These threads always amuse and annoy me at the same time....it's like the signs at the zoo that tell you not to feed the animals....

we shud have one here do not 'feed' the nutbags laugh.gif

#8 jym

jym

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:09 AM

coo-coo-ga-joo.
         The Beatles.

#9 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (jym @ Jun 29 2010, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
coo-coo-ga-joo.
         The Beatles.

Obla-di, obla-da

- same group -

#10 Helen

Helen

Strange Days

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE (TheWallsScreamedPoetry @ Jun 29 2010, 04:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it's like the signs at the zoo that tell you not to feed the animals....

we shud have one here do not 'feed' the nutbags laugh.gif

Zoological signs. Is that kinda like Astrological signs? cool.gif Rams and lions and fish - that sort of thing smile.gif

#11 hollifer

hollifer

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (liquidsunshine @ Jun 13 2010, 02:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

john 10;9  

-jim-

this reminds of me of a line in the movie about lady jane grey ('lady jane' with helen bonham-carter) who was a tudor descendant & queen for 9 days. her character defies the churches teachings, quotes something similar to this line, and challenges the priest. 'was he a vine, a door?'

anyway, funny to me.

#12 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (hollifer @ Sep 28 2010, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this reminds of me of a line in the movie about lady jane grey ('lady jane' with helen bonham-carter) who was a tudor descendant & queen for 9 days. her character defies the churches teachings, quotes something similar to this line, and challenges the priest. 'was he a vine, a door?'

anyway, funny to me.

Didn't do her much good.  They executed her.  It took her cousin Elizabeth I to address those sorts of issues without fear of reprisal, once the Protestant Church was better established.

#13 NP

NP

Waiting For The Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:20 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users