#41 Onne

Onne

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (darkstar @ Aug 20 2009, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Howard: What did you think during that time?

Jim: I thought I knew what I was doing. I thought I knew what I was doing. And the whole thing about a photograph is once itís done you canít destroy it. Itís there forever. So can you imagine when Iím 80 years old and I have to look at myself posing for those pictures. Itís to late. This guys trying to put me on a bummer man.

[/i]

Thanks for posting all of that but this part of him speaking to imagine when he's 80 years old, made my heart kind of sink.
I wish he could have experienced that.

#42 gotothelight

gotothelight

L.A. Woman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:15 AM

QUOTE (Onne @ Aug 21 2009, 03:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for posting all of that but this part of him speaking to imagine when he's 80 years old, made my heart kind of sink.

I agree. It's sad to listen to his voice and hear him talking about when he becomes an old man.. knowing he never made it. More than his singing voice, I always love to listen to his speaking voice, soft-spoken with those little pauses as he contemplated what he was going to say. The feeling I get when I listen to him speak in interviews is that he was honest yet guarded, with a very good sense of humor. I always feel that if anyone wants to get a real sense of who the man really was.. just listen to him speak.

#43 darkstar

darkstar

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:28 AM

QUOTE (Onne @ Aug 21 2009, 03:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your welcome.  Thank you for your interest.

Here is the audio for part of the Howard Smith interview.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI7lAo5e658

#44 Encuentro

Encuentro

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 295 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:58 AM

QUOTE (darkstar @ Aug 21 2009, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your welcome. Thank you for your interest.

Here is the audio for part of the Howard Smith interview.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI7lAo5e658

That was a funny interview. Jim's sense of humor really comes through, talking about being greedy and wanting to have gold bars lying around the house.

#45 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE (Onne @ Aug 20 2009, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally I do not care if Cliff is Jim's son or not and when you think of it no one should, really.

It's no one's business, it's about him and his life only but I do think Cliff having come out in public with all of that
does make anyone wonder what are his actual intentions but in the same that's also tough to judge because that's
also his business. I think Jim Morrison had his own thing going on with being an artist and that is what people should focus on and not what other people choose to do with their own lives, Jim's DNA or not.

This person and his supporters have had his business on the street for years now.  That's what it's all about, right?  Let's gossip about Cliff and his dubious parentage, because it keeps his name out there and people might go see him 'perform.'

Sometimes that General forum does not seem to do much other than make people think about things that do not mean anything. All of us that got into The Doors, did so because of the music and honestly anyone that even knew Jim should do their best and not encourage those topics anymore. This is trashing Jim on so many levels and it's just disrespectful to
go on about someone's private life and Jim being sterile, I do not understand how come that information has to be shared.
It is distasteful and very sad.

And it's not making certain posters very popular, either.  I was amused to find that I "knew Jim slightly because I worked at Elektra Records."  Really?  You know this how?  And this from someone who has NEVER spoken to me personally.  But let them dig their own grave, is what I say.  As there is little chance they will be banned, because of their relationship to the mods, all that can logically happen is that posters will stop going over there because of the unpleasant atmosphere.

#46 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:47 AM

QUOTE (gotothelight @ Aug 20 2009, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I may be mistaken, but my take on the two siblings comment is that it's referring to the supposed "other" children of Morrison...one in Texas.. one in Europe.... neither of which there is any known factual proof of.

I think this refers to the two children that this alleged mother of Cliff already had in 1968 when she encountered Jim in December 1968.  She was 'a divorcee with two small children.'  

#47 Sacha

Sacha

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:11 AM

Whoever this dude is, he's funny! lol http://www.lizardsunentertainmentinc.com/

#48 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:27 AM

That's the tiresome Floyd Botox (Bocox) - another erstwhile manager. I believe he jumped into the passenger seat after Alan Graham jumped out.  It amazes me that these people could give any credence whatsoever to this elaborate scam - which doesn't actually seem to reap any financial reward, but certainly gets a lot of eyeballs on the thread on the Doors board.  Someone should send Cliff a check for single-handedly driving traffic over there, imo.  No matter who he is.  Or make him a moderator.  wink.gif

#49 Sacha

Sacha

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:38 AM

Now that's crazy talk Mews  wacko.gif

#50 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (Sacha @ Aug 21 2009, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now that's crazy talk Mews  wacko.gif

Not as crazy as you think!  laugh.gif At this rate, he and his two supporters will be all that's left, except for the Prince of Denmark and the mountain lion, who will continue to keep batting it around for the fun of it!  laugh.gif

#51 gotothelight

gotothelight

L.A. Woman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (mewsical @ Aug 21 2009, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think this refers to the two children that this alleged mother of Cliff already had in 1968 when she encountered Jim in December 1968.  She was 'a divorcee with two small children.'

Aah..ok. I must've missed that. Thanks.

#52 Annie

Annie

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (mewsical @ Aug 21 2009, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's the tiresome Floyd Botox (Bocox) - another erstwhile manager. I believe he jumped into the passenger seat after Alan Graham jumped out.  It amazes me that these people could give any credence whatsoever to this elaborate scam - which doesn't actually seem to reap any financial reward, but certainly gets a lot of eyeballs on the thread on the Doors board.  Someone should send Cliff a check for single-handedly driving traffic over there, imo.  No matter who he is.  Or make him a moderator.  wink.gif

Alan Graham washed his hands of Cliff at least 20 yrs ago.  I wonder if fans think because Graham called Cliff a fraud it must mean Cliff is really JDM's son?  No matter what is thought of Graham, he is still the father of the Morrison heir-apparents who are helping to run the estate.  Blood is thicker than water but then we knew that. wink.gif

#53 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE (Annie @ Aug 21 2009, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alan Graham washed his hands of Cliff at least 20 yrs ago.  I wonder if fans think because Graham called Cliff a fraud it must mean Cliff is really JDM's son?  No matter what is thought of Graham, he is still the father of the Morrison heir-apparents who are helping to run the estate.  Blood is thicker than water but then we knew that. wink.gif

I think it was much more recent than 20 years ago.  Cliff is allegedly only 40 - born in 1969.  He was in the military during the invasion of Kuwait, which was 1989.  I believe the apocrypha is that he returned from that engagement heavily addicted to drugs, which is the reason his mother then told him he was Morrison's son.  He later went to prison for 7 years after sticking a toy gun in the face of a cab driver, with the intention of robbing him for drug money.  Alan came along after the prison term.  Maybe 10 years ago?

I don't think Anne Chewning has yielded her position to her children so far, but Dylan is certainly learning to assist. If she wishes she can disinherit them at any time she wants, heirs apparent or not.  

At this link, you will find another man who has been told all his life that his father is Jim Morrison.  He is only contacting AllExperts because he has 16 y.o. twin girls and is concerned about Jim's heart problem and if it can be inherited.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Doors-Jim-Morri...ory-medical.htm

#54 PTLWP

PTLWP

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 403 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:31 AM

In this day and age, with DNA testing, I would have to say that this guy's reluctance to have have it done, points to his being a grifter.  If DNA testing would end the equivocation of who his father is, he has more to lose, personally, by having the testing done than not having it done.  He can hide in plain sight by not having DNA testing, but he will fall into total obscurity, let alone total derision, when DNA tests prove he is a fraud.

#55 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE (PTLWP @ Aug 22 2009, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In this day and age, with DNA testing, I would have to say that this guy's reluctance to have have it done, points to his being a grifter.  If DNA testing would end the equivocation of who his father is, he has more to lose, personally, by having the testing done than not having it done.  He can hide in plain sight by not having DNA testing, but he will fall into total obscurity, let alone total derision, when DNA tests prove he is a fraud.

I've heard people say the DNA test is too expensive, therefore this was a reason for Cliff not to do it.  Well, you can get one done for about $100-$200.  Here's a link.  

https://www.gtldna.net/?src=google&gcli...CFRBbagodDny0mw

He didn't do it because he's a gigantic fake.

#56 Sacha

Sacha

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:51 AM

Wow that's pretty cheap!

He didn't do it because he's a gigantic fake.

Yes. Yes he is.

#57 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE (Sacha @ Aug 25 2009, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow that's pretty cheap!

Yes. Yes he is.

They're still continuing to talk about it, but a lot less.  As long as they have this woman, who works for Cliff, on the board, she will continue to use the opportunity to promote him over there, with support from those who still believe in this twaddle because to suddenly switch positions would be akin to admitting that a) they were wrong, and b ) Alan Graham is right, let alone Mr. Botox.  

With DNA tests being so inexpensive and all, you'd think they would have done it right away.  I have a really eyebrow-raising time with the scenario that this guy appears out of nowhere and sashays on down to Coronado, hooking up with the senior Morrisons who apparently buy his story, hook, line and sinker, based on AG's say-so, if that.  Then, after offering to put him through college and/or offering him a monthly stipend to stay out of the music business, Cliff is suddenly revealed as a complete and utter fake, both parties, from what I remember, refuse to get involved in DNA testing, and AG throws the whole thing out of the window, loudly declaring Cliff is an impostor.  Rhetorically speaking, why did ANYONE believe this guy without demanding a DNA test?  Is everyone that gullible?   And now, after a couple of years of relative peace and quiet on the Doors board regarding this person, the whole thing blows up like the straw house of the 3 little pigs when the wolf set fire to it?  

Let's just say, for the sake of argument, that Cliff had no musical talent whatsoever.  Couldn't sing worth diddley and wasn't even interested in a career in show business.  Would he still be prancing around, claiming to be the son of Jim Morrison?  

Jim didn't have any relatives that were musically inclined - his father played the piano, but certainly never sought a career in the spotlight - so why would it follow that Cliff somehow inherited musical talent that didn't run in the family anyway.  

Jim was primarily a writer, not a performer, and could hardly wait to run screaming from the whole thing in 1971 and was trying to squirm out of it in 1968.  In Cliff's case, imitating Jim's vocal style (and that's not terribly hard to do) and repeating a story your mother told you proves absolutely nothing.  

DNA.  Put up or shut up.   And if the Morrison family refused to cooperate, then that speaks for itself.

#58 Sacha

Sacha

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:18 PM

They're still continuing to talk about it, but a lot less.  As long as they have this woman, who works for Cliff, on the board, she will continue to use the opportunity to promote him over there.

Maybe Cliff has offered a percentage of money to that women. Mmm lets see 50 cents for each albulm that the Lizard Sun Band sells.  laugh.gif I guess its better than being unemployed.

#59 jym

jym

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:51 PM

Well, I'm glad we didn't drag any of that discussion over from the LL!  laugh.gif

#60 theyreawasteoftime

theyreawasteoftime

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE (mewsical @ Aug 21 2009, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think you meant floyd 'tiny' boycock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users