6 replies to this topic

#1 Mood Beside

Mood Beside

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 09:36 PM

(Hey John. I had Know Idea that there was a new board and new link. I've been waiting for the past...)

I wanted to know about the drum for "My Wild Love". I'm curious for who played it, who was in the room, how the song was created, and where the drum is now. It would mean a great deal to seal that part of the story.

- rich

(btw - love the Reza Ray of the Wine cd. I don't know how all of you hooked up to jam, but I'm glad you all got the experience and shared it.)

#2 gotothelight

gotothelight

L.A. Woman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 02:20 AM

What an interesting question! I love "My Wild Love" and would also like to know the story behind it's conception. Can you tell us a little about it John? Thanks.

#3 OtherCircles

OtherCircles

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 08:47 PM

What I think is awesome about that one is the odd time signature. It hurts my brain to try and think of what it is from memory.. when I listen to it I always forget to count.  laugh.gif

#4 John

John

Debut

• Official
  • Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE(Mood Beside @ Nov 6 2005, 05:36 AM) View Post

(Hey John. I had Know Idea that there was a new board and new link. I've been waiting for the past...)

I wanted to know about the drum for "My Wild Love". I'm curious for who played it, who was in the room, how the song was created, and where the drum is now. It would mean a great deal to seal that part of the story.

- rich

(btw - love the Reza Ray of the Wine cd. I don't know how all of you hooked up to jam, but I'm glad you all got the experience and shared it.)

I played the drum... and actually it wasn't a drum, it was a giant pad or sofa pillow that Rothchild thought might work.  I had to hit it real hard with my fists to get that BOOM sound.  john

#5 gotothelight

gotothelight

L.A. Woman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE(John @ Nov 11 2005, 05:43 AM) View Post

I played the drum... and actually it wasn't a drum, it was a giant pad or sofa pillow that Rothchild thought might work.  I had to hit it real hard with my fists to get that BOOM sound.  john

lol.. a giant pad or sofa pillow? Wow! You must've been hitting that sucker _real_ hard to get that great BOOM sound. I guess we can assume that it's no longer around. Something tells me they must've been vacuuming up pillow stuffing for a week after that session!

Thanks for that great answer. Who woulda thunk it? :-)

#6 Mood Beside

Mood Beside

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE(John @ Nov 10 2005, 11:43 PM) View Post

Great Story.

...over to the side, there positive energy from throwing a fist.

#7 hippiewitch

hippiewitch

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE(John @ Nov 10 2005, 09:43 PM) View Post

I love that song too and the drumming.smile.gif I love drumming. Great job,John!

Michelle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users