#41 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (PTLWP @ May 1 2009, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd bet that Jimbo tried most things at least once, but alcohol was his true demon.......

Someone emailed me this - I bet Jim would have tried it at least once!

A Ride With The Blue Angels (that's an FA 18 baby!)

#42 PTLWP

PTLWP

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 403 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE (mewsical @ May 1 2009, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Someone emailed me this - I bet Jim would have tried it at least once!

A Ride With The Blue Angels (that's an FA 18 baby!)

I bet he'd give it a try.  His life was cut short, unfortunately, and he didn't get to do lots of things, that he might have done, because of his early demise.  I could have seen him getting involved with racing cars or something, too., like NASCAR or some such thing, like the late Paul Newman did, Grand Prix kinda things.

#43 mojosmoothy

mojosmoothy

Waiting For The Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE (PTLWP @ May 2 2009, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bet he'd give it a try.  His life was cut short, unfortunately, and he didn't get to do lots of things, that he might have done, because of his early demise.  I could have seen him getting involved with racing cars or something, too., like NASCAR or some such thing, like the late Paul Newman did, Grand Prix kinda things.

Morrison did his own race car driving up La Cienega blvd to Sunset where he'd make a pit stop at the liquor store,then speed up Laurel Canyon for his own danger race,that usually included a crash.Who knows without booze he may have been a fine driver.

#44 worm man

worm man

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:45 PM

What plane did Jim's old man fly in WW2...

#45 GG Morrison

GG Morrison

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE (PTLWP @ May 2 2009, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And George Harrison, too, a fan of Formula 1 racing, who also enjoyed a reefer or three in his time.  

I always had the impression that most inebriated drivers were under the influence of
alcohol, since pot smokers rarely want to get up off the couch!   biggrin.gif

#46 thevalhalla

thevalhalla

Debut

• Omega
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:53 AM

I just read Ray's light my fire and it tells me the opp. of what you blokes stated.

#47 jym

jym

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:23 AM

You should take what Ray says with a grain of salt. or a bong hit.  laugh.gif

#48 Encuentro

Encuentro

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 295 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE (thevalhalla @ Jul 25 2009, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just read Ray's light my fire and it tells me the opp. of what you blokes stated.

Are you referring to Ray's incredibly irresponsible promotion of drugs?

#49 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE (Encuentro @ Jul 25 2009, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you referring to Ray's incredibly irresposible promotion of drugs?

Probably.  It's all this kid thinks about.  

#50 Encuentro

Encuentro

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 295 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:37 AM

QUOTE (mewsical @ Jul 25 2009, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Probably. It's all this kid thinks about.

Unfortunately, this is the kind of stuff that happens when influential people promote drug use to their impressionable young fans. You can expect this kind of stuff from a teenager. I knew a lot of teenagers when I was one who believed that drugs were the answer or were just cool. Ray is 70 years old, and he still believes that drugs are going to open the doors of perception. I took drugs when I was a teenager, and they didn't open any doors of perception for me. Reality is much cooler.

#51 worm man

worm man

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE (Encuentro @ Jul 25 2009, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unfortunately, this is the kind of stuff that happens when influential people promote drug use to their impressionable young fans. You can expect this kind of stuff from a teenager. I knew a lot of teenagers when I was one who believed that drugs were the answer or were just cool. Ray is 70 years old, and he still believes that drugs are going to open the doors of perception. I took drugs when I was a teenager, and they didn't open any doors of perception for me. Reality is much cooler.

My mother also believes drugs are the answer...as long as they are prescribed...she truly believes there is a pill for everything...

mind you if the drug is purchased on the street somehow it becomes the product of devils...From worship to scorn

#52 Encuentro

Encuentro

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 295 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (worm man @ Jul 25 2009, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My mother also believes drugs are the answer...as long as they are prescribed...she truly believes there is a pill for everything...

mind you if the drug is purchased on the street somehow it becomes the product of devils...From worship to scorn

I know people like that too. As long as the drug is legal, it's ok. Forget the fact that countless people have died from abusing prescription drugs. The most recent famous example is Michael Jackson. Before him, it was Heath Ledger. Before him, it was Anna Nicole Smith. The list goes on and on.

#53 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (Encuentro @ Jul 25 2009, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know people like that too. As long as the drug is legal, it's ok. Forget the fact that countless people have died from abusing prescription drugs. The most recent famous example is Michael Jackson. Before him, it was Heath Ledger. Before him, it was Anna Nicole Smith. The list goes on and on.

The Stones were on to that with Mother's Little Helper, and before that, Noel Coward with What's Going To Happen To The Children (When There Aren't Any More Grown-Ups).

#54 thevalhalla

thevalhalla

Debut

• Omega
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (worm man @ Jul 25 2009, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me dad's abit like that. When I'm crashing at my parents house, I'll be like, daddy-o can't sleep and he'll be like 'pop these mother fuckers' and hand me a couple of awesome ass xanax or lexontinal or some shit. I love em but I don't like em to an extent where I take em everyday. I'll smoke me herb and have a couple of six packs, thank you.

#55 bikerbrom

bikerbrom

Waiting For The Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:15 AM

QUOTE (NP @ Apr 26 2009, 03:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
in my experience ive found the drunk/buzzed more difficult to deal with than the stoned/high

How drunk were they?
-No-one teaches the young how to drink properly, some seem to end up thinking that the ideal state is utterly pissed up - 'extreme drinking' as in 'extreme sports'- spectacular but that's it. IMHO.

-I have, ahem,  over the years, conducted field trials on various (but not all! -I have no interest at all in some of them!)  forms of intoxication, and humbly submit to you the findings of my research........

In the UK we have a genre of beer known as the 'session beer': typically a bitter or brown ale, not overly strong, about 3.3% alcohol. You can get to that pleasant gentle sociable buzz, yet can hold it there as long as you like, and sober up within a relatively short time without a terrible 'morning after'.
With stonger beers, it's harder to control the 'level of buzz', you drop out of the zone, drink another, then you overshoot the zone, and so on -not a mellow experience. IMHO.

-In any case, just like all the other intoxicants, booze interacts powerfully with mood: it magnifies, not changes, the mood. If I'm feeling tense, I look for some other pleasure or activity to indulge in until I feel different.

#56 Moses Jones

Moses Jones

Waiting For The Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (thevalhalla @ Jul 25 2009, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

THIS IS YOUR BRAIN

THIS YOUR BRAIN ON DRUGS

Any questions?

#57 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (Moses Jones @ Sep 7 2009, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

THIS IS YOUR BRAIN

THIS YOUR BRAIN ON DRUGS

Any questions?

The French begin to introduce their children to wine at around 8 years of age, mixed very liberally with water.  I think that's how I'd proceed.  

Drugs?  My mother used to give me codeine when I was a kid.  It was legal in England in those days.

2 5-minute boiled eggs every day. laugh.gif

#58 Moses Jones

Moses Jones

Waiting For The Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:13 AM

QUOTE (Moses Jones @ Sep 8 2009, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dead are you a vegan?

I'M a  life member of PETA (people eating tasty animals ).

Call me old fashioned but I think you should be at least age 13 before you are allowed to fire a machine gun. Apparently this video is of an unloaded AirSoft bb gun, but it's not a way to teach a healthy respect for firearms.

We used to like to think the whole Nancy Reagan " Just Say No" campaign was a little off, we thought to be more correct it should have been " Just Say No Thank You."

When the "This is your brain, this is your brain on drugs, got any questions ?" spots would run on TV. I used to like to say, " uh yeah, can I get mine scrambled?"

This your brain on drugs with green chile and a side order of toast.

All jokes aside, I think drugs are a huge waste of the most precious,irreplacable commodity there is - TIME.

Take me for example. By the time I had reached age 30 I had wasted so much time (and brain cells) with drugs I found myself limited in career options to only being suitable to be a farmer or a politician. I'M just thankful I chose not to get involved with a dirty profession like politics.

Listen to what Phil Ochs had to say about it- Phil Ochs PSA

#59 John

John

Debut

• Official
  • Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (thevalhalla @ Apr 24 2009, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mr. Densmore, I would appreciate it if you find the time to answer this! Thanks.

Marijuana should be legal, supervised, monitored, and taxed!  john d.

#60 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (John @ Dec 3 2009, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Marijuana should be legal, supervised, monitored, and taxed!  john d.

Amen. Especially here in California, and other states otherwise engaged, i.e. Kentucky.  Thanks JD.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users