#1 thevalhalla

thevalhalla

Debut

• Omega
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:20 PM

Hello.

Mr. Densmore, let me start off by saying I am a huge fan. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to speak to you. I was just wondering about the doors and smoking weed as I have noticed, getting stoned and pumping the Doors is an amazing experience..highly recommended.

Was Jim a fan of weed aswell? What sort of stuff did you have back then in LA in the sixties? One would suppose it was less potent then the skunk you can get these days.
I was also wondering about your stance on legalisation.
I cannot express my fondness of the you and The Doors.

Peace

Please excuse the spelling mistakes, I'm slighly exicited and stoned smile.gif

#2 thevalhalla

thevalhalla

Debut

• Omega
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:42 PM

Mr. Densmore, I would appreciate it if you find the time to answer this! Thanks.

#3 Sarena

Sarena

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (thevalhalla @ Mar 22 2009, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello.

Mr. Densmore, let me start off by saying I am a huge fan. Thank you for giving us the oppertuinity to speak to you. I was just wondering about the doors and smoking weed as I have noticed, getting stoned and pumping the Doors is an amazing experience..highly recommended.

Was Jim a fan of weed aswell? What sort of stuff did you have back then in LA in the sixties? One would suppose it was less potent then the skunk you can get these days.

I cannot express my fondness of the you and The Doors.

Peace

Please excuse the spelling mistakes, I'm slighly exicited and stoned smile.gif

Are you serious?  Read John's book, Riders on the Storm.
And for someone who seems so passionate about The Doors you really must have no idea of the message Jim was trying to convey with his words.

#4 TheDoorsMusic

TheDoorsMusic

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 205 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 04:40 PM

What was that message?

#5 Sarena

Sarena

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (TheDoorsMusic @ Apr 24 2009, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What was that message?

That it's not just getting stoned for the sake of getting stoned, but to discover something.  To find truth, to "break on through to the other side", to get out of your shell.
That's what I think anyway.

#6 Next Little Girl

Next Little Girl

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:50 PM

ohmy.gif Oh no!

Don't get stoned just to break out of your shell! You have a long time to grow up and break out of your shell, stay in the shell until you're ready to hatch. Sorry for the bad pun...

I didn't even try marijuana until I was 25! And here's what I learned, nothing deep, just that water seems to go in slow motion and pisses you off as you wait for it to fill your bathtub, cheerios and bologna sandwiches taste much better, you run red lights if you drive on pot, and nothing makes any sense on TV, and no... watching Pink Floyd, The Wall high doesn't make it more enjoyable, it makes you less able to concentrate on it, and to an itelligent girl, such as yourself, that's no fun. We like our minds, we find them entertaining.. so be good to your mind, take care of it. That's my advice. wink.gif  

I was about your age when I started getting really into The Doors, The Stones, Jimi Hendrix, and they made me think I could have a great time on drugs, be more popular, learn cool insights, when in reality, it wasn't as much fun as it looked. I spent most of my time, when high, paranoid, quickly learned it wasn't for me, and quit after a few times, never using anything stronger than pot.

I know you may have to see for yourself, but please know, it's a mess when you start down that road. For some, not as smart or strong as you are, it escalates into a real problem, further drugs, etc. And all my friends on drugs, turned into thieves, liars and miserable people. Heads up.

PS: I heard someone say that when Jim Morrison used pot, it made him paranoid and he didn't like it? Can someone varify that? Cause being paranoid is not fun, it sucks, trust me. You are scared of everything, for no reason and can't wait to sober up.

A good drug movie of the sixties, that shows the realities of getting high, is Easy Rider you know the girl in the cemetery, naked, crying, "I'm going to die!!" She was paranoid, that's about what it's like.

~Sheri

#7 thevalhalla

thevalhalla

Debut

• Omega
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 04:41 AM

No, it's not like that at all. All this is government bullshit. Pot doesn't make you that paranoid. LOL, you're not going stand naked in a graveyard crying..that's exactly the bullshit they fill up your mind with. Ok, i'm not saying pot doesn't make you paranoid but it's like, if you're driving down with a joint, you'll be paranoid about the cops..it's not like you start fucking freaking out and stuff. Its bullshit. Try it yourself in a nice safe atmosphere with friendly people and good pot.

#8 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 06:57 AM

Jim is quoted as saying marijuana wasn't for him, it made him think too much, and he already thought he thought too much.  I think he had a bad experience when in Jamaica and that was that.  Obviously he smoked VERY occasionally, seemed to be more interested in opium - if you read the copy from the booklet with the Granny's jacket, there's a lot more information there from dealers, which bears out that Jim was not into pot, preferring alcohol.  Pam was apparently a smoker though.

Frank Zappa also had a very bad experience the one time he tried pot after being pressured by friends.  He was one of the straightest guys I ever met in rock music, btw.  However, he spent a lot of time hanging about at Thee Experience, where I don't think anyone was not a user in those days, and he seemed to have a jolly good time.  He could usually be found standing in the street, chatting up the girls as they came in, though.  And then on stage - not sitting and drinking.

#9 Sarena

Sarena

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE (Next Little Girl @ Apr 24 2009, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ohmy.gif Oh no!

Don't get stoned just to break out of your shell! You have a long time to grow up and break out of your shell, stay in the shell until you're ready to hatch. Sorry for the bad pun...

I didn't even try marijuana until I was 25! And here's what I learned, nothing deep, just that water seems to go in slow motion and pisses you off as you wait for it to fill your bathtub, cheerios and bologna sandwiches taste much better, you run red lights if you drive on pot, and nothing makes any sense on TV, and no... watching Pink Floyd, The Wall high doesn't make it more enjoyable, it makes you less able to concentrate on it, and to an itelligent girl, such as yourself, that's no fun. We like our minds, we find them entertaining.. so be good to your mind, take care of it. That's my advice. wink.gif

I was about your age when I started getting really into The Doors, The Stones, Jimi Hendrix, and they made me think I could have a great time on drugs, be more popular, learn cool insights, when in reality, it wasn't as much fun as it looked. I spent most of my time, when high, paranoid, quickly learned it wasn't for me, and quit after a few times, never using anything stronger than pot.

I know you may have to see for yourself, but please know, it's a mess when you start down that road. For some, not as smart or strong as you are, it escalates into a real problem, further drugs, etc. And all my friends on drugs, turned into thieves, liars and miserable people. Heads up.

PS: I heard someone say that when Jim Morrison used pot, it made him paranoid and he didn't like it? Can someone varify that? Cause being paranoid is not fun, it sucks, trust me. You are scared of everything, for no reason and can't wait to sober up.

A good drug movie of the sixties, that shows the realities of getting high, is Easy Rider you know the girl in the cemetery, naked, crying, "I'm going to die!!" She was paranoid, that's about what it's like.

~Sheri

I really meant that the drugs came along with the sixties, but the sixties would've probably happened without the drugs.  The U.S. was going through an internal revolution, and that's probably why drugs were so popular.  Breaking out of your shell, in the sense that you use your mind to discover yourself, is what I meant.

#10 Jean DeBritti

Jean DeBritti

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (thevalhalla @ Apr 25 2009, 05:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, it's not like that at all. All this is government bullshit. Pot doesn't make you that paranoid. LOL, you're not going stand naked in a graveyard crying..that's exactly the bullshit they fill up your mind with. Ok, i'm not saying pot doesn't make you paranoid but it's like, if you're driving down with a joint, you'll be paranoid about the cops..it's not like you start fucking freaking out and stuff. Its bullshit. Try it yourself in a nice safe atmosphere with friendly people and good pot.

Iit sounds cliche but pot is less addictive and dangerous than alcohol. yes it makes you introspective and think a lot. god forbid. There is no proof it is a gateway drug. it is legalized for growing for medical use in Mendocino County in northern California. It is proscribed for a wide spectrum of ailments all the way from depression to pain relief for cancer and migraine headaches. As Ben Harper put it, "What from the Earth is of the greatest worth." How many drugs are not manufactured, processed, or mixed to be created including alcohol, cocaine, ecstasy, acid, etc? Pot and mushroom are all natural. if God is so perfect then he has not created one imperfect being, plant, or animal. Pot enforcement is all about taboos, legacy thinking (there was a time not long ago in this country women could not vote nor could blacks, though that was seen as moral at the time. So are we saying now time is the differentiator or morality. One day this country will have the balls enough, be smart enough, and progressive enough to legalize pot. Even if it not done at the federal level any time soon it is already happening at the state level (8 states have laws providing mor medical marijuana use). And in general power is shifting from the federal level to the States. I certainly place no value in anyone's opinion on this issue that has not tried marijuana at least a few times. Certainly some people simply dont' enjoy it and prefer alcohol or other drugs or even abstinence. Or who hasn't researched it greatly. I have.

Ben Harper's "Burn One Down":

Let us burn one
From end to end
And pass it over
To me my friend
Burn it long, well burn it slow
To light me up before I go

If you dont like my fire
Then dont come around
Cause Im gonna burn one down
Yes Im gonna burn one down

My choice is what I choose to do
And if Im causing no harm
It shouldnt bother you
Your choice is who you choose to be
And if your causin no harm
Then youre alright with me

If you dont like my fire
Then dont come around

Herb the gift from the earth
And whats from the earth
Is of the greatest worth
So before you knock it try it first
Youll see its a blessing
And not a curse

If you dont like my fire
Then dont come around

#11 thevalhalla

thevalhalla

Debut

• Omega
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:12 AM

Lol Jean, that takes me back to my college days! I remember driving around hot boxing my friend's mustang and Ben Harpers 'Burn one down' playing. It's too true that song. I guess I'll never know the truth about Jim Morrison and pot but fuck it, I'm not taking risks so here's my next bong hit to the Doors.

#12 Next Little Girl

Next Little Girl

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 05:09 PM

I guess none of you caught on,

that I was trying to keep a teenager from getting into drugs, hmmmm.. interesting. What I said was still my personal experience with pot. I did get paranoid, didn't feel my mind expand, just get stupid, aka: stoned. What a waste of time that is. That was my point, from a mature perspective.

~Sheri

#13 Jean DeBritti

Jean DeBritti

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE (Next Little Girl @ Apr 25 2009, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess none of you caught on,

that I was trying to keep a teenager from getting into drugs, hmmmm.. interesting. What I said was still my personal experience with pot. I did get paranoid, didn't feel my mind expand, just get stupid, aka: stoned. What a waste of time that is. That was my point, from a mature perspective.

~Sheri

Screw mature. I am 40 and successful and a regular pot smoker. And I love it and will not apologize. Quit using pot as an ailbi.

#14 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (Jean DeBritti @ Apr 25 2009, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Screw mature. I am 40 and successful and a regular pot smoker. And I love it and will not apologize. Quit using pot as an ailbi.

I don't have a problem with soft drugs, as long as they're used consciously.  Like, if the only person you have to answer to is you.  Bringing children, wife, etc. into the scenario could be tricky.

#15 Next Little Girl

Next Little Girl

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (Jean DeBritti @ Apr 25 2009, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rolleyes.gif Excuse me,

But I was just giving my experience with marijuana. No alibi here. I can think of why it may lead to other drugs, cause it sucks... such a weak drug, in my opinion, and pointless. A couple of beers is more my style, not to offend your god, cannabis. It's just not for everyone. Thank you. ~Sheri

#16 elizardbeth

elizardbeth

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (thevalhalla @ Apr 25 2009, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol Jean, that takes me back to my college days! I remember driving around hot boxing my friend's mustang and Ben Harpers 'Burn one down' playing. It's too true that song. I guess I'll never know the truth about Jim Morrison and pot but fuck it, I'm not taking risks so here's my next bong hit to the Doors.

i guess your just gonna have to be honest with yourself on that one.... laugh.gif

#17 NP

NP

Waiting For The Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE (Next Little Girl @ Apr 25 2009, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
rolleyes.gif Excuse me,

But I was just giving my experience with marijuana. No alibi here. I can think of why it may lead to other drugs, cause it sucks... such a weak drug, in my opinion, and pointless. A couple of beers is more my style, not to offend your god, cannabis. It's just not for everyone. Thank you. ~Sheri

mad.gif

you know what the bottom line is? your "couple of beers" is more dangerous than a couple of joints any day of the week.

one thing i can't stand is people who berate drugs, esp. a drug like marijuana and then admit to drinking, consuming a literal POISON, alcohol.

"Our national drug is alcohol. We tend to regard the use any other drug with special horror." - william s burroughs

and as for easy rider, the girl was having a bad acid trip she may have smoked pot as well but the anxiety attack/breakdown she was having was most definitely acid induced.

im sorry, i know you were trying to help the OP and steer them away from drugs but your post of your experience and opinions of marijuana came off like fear mongering in my opinion. which is more damaging than helpful, also just my opinion

#18 Alsatian before The Doors

Alsatian before The Doors

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 493 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE (NP @ Apr 26 2009, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mad.gif

you know what the bottom line is? your "couple of beers" is more dangerous than a couple of joints any day of the week.

Hello NP!
Back with fire again!
wink.gif
I think you need to redress the balance slightly here. I know there's the hypocrisy of banning mj whilst legalising and taxing alcohol, and in balance they are probably as bad as each other, but there is potential for fear mongering on both sides, and if you place "couple of beers" in quotation marks (with with the implied connotations of rampant alcoholism and social/personal degeneration etc) you must also place "couple of joints" in quotation marks too (with the negative social implications also conveyed). The hypocrisy is separate from the negative social impact of actual drug abuse (even if further social implications are created regarding its criminalisation, decriminalisational does not make drugs safe). Sheri Lynne has been pointing out that Valhaller is publicising and glorifying his own personal descent into drug abuse and addiction; and it's pissing everyone off.

#19 NP

NP

Waiting For The Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE (Alsatian before The Doors @ Apr 26 2009, 04:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello NP!
Back with fire again!
wink.gif
I think you need to redress the balance slightly here. I know there's the hypocrisy of banning mj whilst legalising and taxing alcohol, and in balance they are probably as bad as each other, but there is potential for fear mongering on both sides, and if you place "couple of beers" in quotation marks (with with the implied connotations of rampant alcoholism and social/personal degeneration etc) you must also place "couple of joints" in quotation marks too (with the social negative social implications also). The hypocrisy is separate from the negative social impact of actual drug abuse (even if further social implications are created regarding its criminalisation, decriminalisational does not make drugs safe). Sheri Lynne has been pointing out that Valhaller is publicising and glorifying his own personal descent into drug abuse and addiction; and it's pissing everyone off.

no the quotation marks around "couple of beers" are not as you think. i was only using sheri's own words had it been a verbal conversation there would have been no emphasis (as you suppose i meant one could not stop after only a couple) on the phrase

in my experience ive found the drunk/buzzed more difficult to deal with than the stoned/high

LOL i posted in the marijuana thread at 420...

*edit* and im sorry but im pretty solid in my belief that alcohol is more damaging than marijuana ever could/will be.

#20 thevalhalla

thevalhalla

Debut

• Omega
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 04:41 AM

These guys wont believe it until the government tells them or legalizes it. These people are like puppets. If tomorrow an advert is shown that it's ok to shoot smack, these guys would be buying needles for their children.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users