The Philosopher King

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 426 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE(MeagerFood521 @ Oct 22 2008, 03:59 PM) View Post
PK///////////////Great to see you posting Buddy!~   J a c k y

Great to have the time again! And it's nice to see you're still here, batting for the sanity-loving majority!  wink.gif

Lizards eh? Don't get me started - it's always about lizards, fire, water...it's madness I tell you - madness! laugh.gif

Jim, yeah - Channel 4. Can be good when it tries. To understand Channel 4 you need to know a little about the history of British TV. The first channel was of course the BBC. Then came BBC2 in like the 60's I think. Then a third channel was allowed to broadcast, called ITV (Independant Television). And in the 1980's, a new TV Channel licence was offered - which the wonderfully orginally named Channel 4 won. And in the early 00's, a fifth terrestrial TV station was launched - called, amazingly enough Channel 5...oh the originality.  blink.gif

So we have 5 free-to-air basic TV stations, broadcasting on analogue. Channel 4 was supposed to be the 'alternative' but in a satellite driven TV market, the competition is fierce here in the UK, where like in the US, we have over 750 TV channels to choose from nowadays. So Channel 4 frequently sinks to gutter documentaries and cheap reality TV shows. And naturally, people like David Icke have found a natural home there. I should add that while we do have 750 or so TV stations over here now, BBC1, BBC2, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 have a natural inbuilt advantage in that everyone's familiar with their output and they're the first 5 channels on the remote control of every household in the country. The BBC earns its place at the top of the pile with first rate news and current affairs coverage, and arguably the most informative website in the world http://www.bbc.co.uk (that's the 'British' version of the site - click on the 'world' version - at least as good!). But as for the other 3 channels, they're commercial pish-posh of the highest order and make FOX seemed well-balanced and thoroughly journalistic!

Oh before I forget - vote Obama or watch McCain get elected and eat your babies...don't say I didn't warn you. He's under the direction of the lizard people... blink.gif  blink.gif  blink.gif

PK  cool.gif

#202 Next Little Girl

Next Little Girl

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 03:48 PM

#203 HWY4371

HWY4371

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:06 AM

QUOTE (Next Little Girl @ Oct 24 2008, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
John Densmore's legal battle coming to a close. Congratulations John!  biggrin.gif

yes, many thanks john for all that. was right do so for me.  btw i don't understand like manzarek and robby can't use the doors name and logo and immage of morrison for buisness also but the doors tribute band can do. i hope the doors can be a day all together like before.

#204 DaraTheDisgruntledDiva

DaraTheDisgruntledDiva

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 10:10 AM

TheWallsScreamedPoetry - reading this doesnt surprise me in the least. I used to post (notice I said "used to") on Robby's former board and hated that we were not allowed (for the longest time) to post anything that was not about Robby ONLY and I kid you not. If you so much as commented about Jim or asked questions concerning anything not to do with Robby and Robby only you were told so by the former webmaster. Who in my opinion was a total jerk off. He used to take pot shots at people on the board and took perverse pleasure in deleting any posts he personally didnt like or felt they were not "Robby worthy". What an A hole!! I was scolded several times because others on the board would post questions to me and after a few back and forth replies we would ultimately discuss things not Robby worthy and were asked to leave and take it elsewhere. I thought that was so stupid. God forbid you were not talking about Robby and Robby only. How petty. Is his ego that fragile it is always in need of stroking or what? So it doesnt surprise me at all that the same goes for Ray and the other boards.

QUOTE (TheWallsScreamedPoetry @ Aug 22 2008, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting...I must have been ONE hell of a disruptive element on there.......considering all the furore I musta caused laugh.gif  laugh.gif

That which you were told JD is a complete lie and who ever told it to you is a damn liar (sorry for the cussing) laugh.gif

This thread was started on Wed., Aug 20 in the general Doors forum and removed from public view on Thurs., Aug 21 2008 I presume by Ray Manzarek's webmaster.......my presumption based on his removal of so many other threads that were equally 'never' removed over the last 5 or 6 years that he did not approve of because they asked such gosh darn awkward questions..... laugh.gif  laugh.gif .

August 20 2008
Posted By Salli:

I UNDERSTAND THE ROTS CASE

is over. It was heard by the Supreme Court of the State of California. The Estate and John Desmore won the appeal.

Does anyone have further information?

http://messageboard.thedoors.com/showthread.php?t=20585

Whilst amusingly enough the one discussing the merits of the dead blokes replacement is still going strong
http://messageboard.thedoors.com/showthread.php?t=20583
this on a board that is only there to discuss the merits of The Doors ....the words of your employee not mine.........not the individual Door projects......I personally believe that all those subjects should be fair game on the LL but then I don't work for Ray cool.gif

So U shouldn't believe all you are told mate.......I might cuss and swear at your employees from time to time but don't butt kiss and am not a liar smile.gif

#205 gotothelight

gotothelight

L.A. Woman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE (DaraTheDisgruntledDiva @ Nov 7 2008, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TheWallsScreamedPoetry - reading this doesnt surprise me in the least. I used to post (notice I said "used to") on Robby's former board and hated that we were not allowed (for the longest time) to post anything that was not about Robby ONLY and I kid you not. If you so much as commented about Jim or asked questions concerning anything not to do with Robby and Robby only you were told so by the former webmaster. Who in my opinion was a total jerk off. He used to take pot shots at people on the board and took perverse pleasure in deleting any posts he personally didnt like or felt they were not "Robby worthy". What an A hole!! I was scolded several times because others on the board would post questions to me and after a few back and forth replies we would ultimately discuss things not Robby worthy and were asked to leave and take it elsewhere. I thought that was so stupid. God forbid you were not talking about Robby and Robby only. How petty. Is his ego that fragile it is always in need of stroking or what? So it doesnt surprise me at all that the same goes for Ray and the other boards.

"Robby worthy"?? Really?? lol. Not that I'm doubting you.. but that's so ridiculous that it's funny :-)

I can't see how there can be any kind of real discussion about anything if nothing other than 'worthy' posts are allowed. The whole point of discussion is to have different topics and different points of view.. otherwise you have nothing to discuss... and end up with a real dead board... which... hmmm... both Robby's and Ray's seem to be.

One of the nice things about John Densmore (and there are many nice things) is that he's open-minded and likes the diversity of discussion here. He is also the only one of the 3 surviving Doors who is an active participant on his board... and likes joining in on discussions when he can. I doubt that he cares about whether anything here is 'John worthy' or not. In fact, I think he'd laugh at that.

Thanks for your post Dara. Nice to see you again.

#206 jym

jym

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (DaraTheDisgruntledDiva @ Nov 7 2008, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, that was the pettiness of the moderators. The original mods of Robby's board were fairly well known in their opinions about John and that's a reason I never even checked out Robby's board. So, they're both gone now? Took a little longer than I thought it would.

#207 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (jym @ Nov 7 2008, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, that was the pettiness of the moderators. The original mods of Robby's board were fairly well known in their opinions about John and that's a reason I never even checked out Robby's board. So, they're both gone now? Took a little longer than I thought it would.

John, like Jim, is a major dude.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm0Iq5ebU9U

#208 MeagerFood521

MeagerFood521

Morrison Hotel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (The Philosopher King @ Oct 12 2008, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're a nice chap Johann, so don't be reluctant to post here; it is a little rough play at times. I mean, I got a lot of flak as a die-hard ROTS fan, but very little of it was ever personal around here - it was 99% constructive criticism, 1% hype. And Alex is good at the hype and the wind-up. But he does keep it interesting for the rest of us I suppose!

As for the discourse, despite the occasional craziness around here, when you get into a good debate, it's the strongest set of folks I've seen on any part of The Doors boards. Credit to all here really.

As for David Icke - ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Sandman, we've had to live with this numpty for years here in Britain. Just because Channel 4 did a documentary on him doesn't mean he's some enlightened thinker. He's a snake oil salesman who preys on the suggestable and feebleminded (much like Channel 4 funnily enough). He predicted the current financial crisis - really? Tell you what - I predict that within the next ten years, there will be another financial crisis, another war possibly involving America, or Britain, and there will be an 'outsider' in the White House. Any other vagaries I can throw out to ensure my place in history as the greatest future-teller since Nostradamus? Please - Icke talks shit. And just because Channel 4 have done a documentary - this is the same channel responsible for launching the original 'Big Brother' TV series and kicking off a decade of bullshit 'reality' TV. Channel 4 fobs itself off as a serious broadcaster while at the same time sinking to the gutter-press levels of the British tabloids like The Sun - the same gutter press that Icke's army of brainwashed zombies all rush to criticise. The only conspiracy is the one between Channel 4, The Sun, and David Icke to peddle verbal BS to up the sales figures of their Sunday supplements! David Icke - Jesus, what's next?

PK laugh.gif

"Numpty"    ha ha ha    good one Dan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  j

#209 sandman

sandman

Debut

• Omega
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (MeagerFood521 @ Oct 22 2008, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sandman.....if your opinion of John is that low WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN HIS FORUM?

Looking for John to be the person he claims to be.

I shalln`t however, hold my breath, both Jim and Diane know the truth and have acted accordingly, at least some people on this board uphold the ideals John proclaims to hold. As for being on this board, I was invited by Diane for reasons you couldn`t even comprehend if they were written in crayon and explained so that a 4 year old would understand.

#210 sandman

sandman

Debut

• Omega
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (The Philosopher King @ Oct 24 2008, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great to have the time again! And it's nice to see you're still here, batting for the sanity-loving majority!  wink.gif

Lizards eh? Don't get me started - it's always about lizards, fire, water...it's madness I tell you - madness! laugh.gif

Jim, yeah - Channel 4. Can be good when it tries. To understand Channel 4 you need to know a little about the history of British TV. The first channel was of course the BBC. Then came BBC2 in like the 60's I think. Then a third channel was allowed to broadcast, called ITV (Independant Television). And in the 1980's, a new TV Channel licence was offered - which the wonderfully orginally named Channel 4 won. And in the early 00's, a fifth terrestrial TV station was launched - called, amazingly enough Channel 5...oh the originality.  blink.gif

So we have 5 free-to-air basic TV stations, broadcasting on analogue. Channel 4 was supposed to be the 'alternative' but in a satellite driven TV market, the competition is fierce here in the UK, where like in the US, we have over 750 TV channels to choose from nowadays. So Channel 4 frequently sinks to gutter documentaries and cheap reality TV shows. And naturally, people like David Icke have found a natural home there. I should add that while we do have 750 or so TV stations over here now, BBC1, BBC2, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 have a natural inbuilt advantage in that everyone's familiar with their output and they're the first 5 channels on the remote control of every household in the country. The BBC earns its place at the top of the pile with first rate news and current affairs coverage, and arguably the most informative website in the world http://www.bbc.co.uk (that's the 'British' version of the site - click on the 'world' version - at least as good!). But as for the other 3 channels, they're commercial pish-posh of the highest order and make FOX seemed well-balanced and thoroughly journalistic!

Oh before I forget - vote Obama or watch McCain get elected and eat your babies...don't say I didn't warn you. He's under the direction of the lizard people... blink.gif  blink.gif  blink.gif

PK  cool.gif

So Daniel, how many of Icke`s lectures have you attended and how many books have you read?. You talk like you actually know something, then again, you also speak for Paul Edge, whilst believing everything you were told by Mr Jampol, despite being shown the truth.

So, if your opinion can be this easily swayed, if your propensity for hypocrisy is a character trait that you proudly wear, why should I even accept your opinion on anything else, as has happened in the past, you can be swayed by lies and deception?

We also know you traded your claim to integrity when you accepted free tickets to the Doors London fest that never happened. This makes you not only highly questionable when it comes to your own personal character, it also makes you a crap judge of other`s character mate, as such, your opinion is nullified by your cowardly silence in respect of Mr Jampol.

#211 WTD

WTD

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (The Philosopher King @ Oct 10 2008, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And for me, the one thing that gets my goat are Doors fans who portray Morrison as some lost lamb of a poet who had only sweetness, genius and peace 'n love in his heart. He was darker than that, deeper than that and cheaper than that sometimes. I like what I know of Morrison as a regular, very talented human being, who unfortunately fucked up more times than his body could allow. Is there a presence of the divine in that? Yeah probably. But if so (and I think so), it means that there's a bit of the divine in each of us. Even Walls!  tongue.gif  wink.gif That's one of the points you can get by listening to Jim Morrison/The Doors. We are all gods, masters of our own lives, and claimers of the divine. If Morrison was a prophet, he was one of many through history, no more or less real than Jesus, Mohammed, David Icke or me. Take what you want from Jim in terms of his message; I took lots, but I'm not gonna deify a human being who was at least as fucked up as a regular nobody like me, but who happened to be a great artist too.

Wow, your one Door's fan that actually gets Morrison. I think there is definitely more to Jim then people realize. The darker and deeper side in deed.

#212 MeagerFood521

MeagerFood521

Morrison Hotel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:27 AM

QUOTE (WTD @ Nov 29 2008, 05:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, your one Door's fan that actually gets Morrison. I think there is definitely more to Jim then people realize. The darker and deeper side in deed.

Very well said WTD.....PK has and has always had a command of the English language I can only envy.  Jacky

#213 countless_zero

countless_zero

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (John @ Aug 17 2008, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"And I Say, It's Alright!"

A large black cloud that has been hovering over my head for five years has
passed. There is just a few sprinkles left: a hearing on attorney's
fees, etc. Just a few days ago, the Supreme Court of California, denied
hearing the case of Densmore (& the estate of James Douglas Morrison) vs.
Manzarek et al. We won the appeal, and the other side (Ray & Robby) tried
for the most important court in the State. The Supreme Court had until
October to decide, but they responded quickly. It's over. There are no
more options for dragging this out any longer. I desperately need to get
my story out of what I went through the last several years. It took some
time off my life here on planet earth... but was worth it.

I was going through my mom's artifacts recently (she broke on through a
couple months ago), and she had continued her practice of collecting
articles on me, and and found a newspaper clipping, a photo of Ray and
Robby kneeling before our star on Hollywood Bl. The caption said, "and
John Densmore, the estranged drummer was nowhere to be found." It hurt.
I know some people would think, why couldn't John bury the hatchet, and
show up for this... or the Grammy's?  When I get the account of my
journey through the legal system, and the incredible verbal floggings that
were directed towards me, I hope understanding will come. I was trying to
preserve the legacy of The Doors, but it was behind closed "doors,"
because if I opened my mouth about it (until now), I would have spoiled
years of work. I'm out of the closet now. Here comes the sun, john
densmore

Personally, John, I think you are awesome.

I am sorry you went through so many struggles. It is not fair.

These guys don't represent the Morrison family.

How sad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users