Did Morrison fake his own death

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Poll: Did Morrison fake his own death...in percentages (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Did Morrison fake his own death...in percentages

1. No...Zero % chance (8 votes [53.33%])

Percentage of vote: 53.33%

2. Yes...1% chance (4 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

3. Yes...10% chance (2 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

4. Yes...33% chance (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Yes...50% chance (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Yes...66% chance (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Yes...90% chance (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Yes...100% chance (1 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 worm man

worm man

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:53 PM

After all the information provided surrounding the death of Jim...Is there any chance at all Morrison faked his own death....

#2 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE(worm man @ Jul 24 2008, 03:53 PM) View Post
After all the information provided surrounding the death of Jim...Is there any chance at all Morrison faked his own death....

I think you'd have to ask why as well.  An interesting question.

#3 jym

jym

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 05:04 PM

It's simple really. Did a vast amount of money disappear? When Pam was fighting to get Jim's royalities after his death there was an audit took place and certainly if money disappeared someone would have said something. Or if he did disappear & Ray, John & Robby were in on it and would have to see that Jim still got his share of the money. But if that were the case why did they need an audit? Follow the money, it deadends Paris 71, at least for Jim.

#4 gotothelight

gotothelight

L.A. Woman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:40 AM

I tend to think the emotional state that Pamela was left in is the best indication that Morrison did not fake his death.
_If_ he had faked his death (and I don't believe that he did), either Pamela was in on it, which completely contradicts her enormous, almost debilitating grief after July 3, 1971 - or she wasn't in on it... and I'm hard-pressed to think Jim would've done that to her.

#5 MeagerFood521

MeagerFood521

Morrison Hotel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE(gotothelight @ Jul 25 2008, 12:40 PM) View Post
I tend to think the emotional state that Pamela was left in is the best indication that Morrison did not fake his death.
_If_ he had faked his death (and I don't believe that he did), either Pamela was in on it, which completely contradicts her enormous, almost debilitating grief after July 3, 1971 - or she wasn't in on it... and I'm hard-pressed to think Jim would've done that to her.

So am I Diane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  j

#6 worm man

worm man

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE(jym @ Jul 24 2008, 06:04 PM) View Post
It's simple really. Did a vast amount of money disappear? When Pam was fighting to get Jim's royalities after his death there was an audit took place and certainly if money disappeared someone would have said something. Or if he did disappear & Ray, John & Robby were in on it and would have to see that Jim still got his share of the money. But if that were the case why did they need an audit? Follow the money, it deadends Paris 71, at least for Jim.

If Jim wanted to continue to be a writer and succeed on those merits only and not because he was jim morrison lead singer of the doors, writing under a pseudonym would be irresistible to a man like Jim especially if it meant a new beginning....A View To A Kill...by skid-row jim

Jim only needed money from "the doors" if he was only successful as a writer for "the doors"....

#7 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE(worm man @ Jul 25 2008, 01:27 PM) View Post
If Jim wanted to continue to be a writer and succeed on those merits only and not because he was jim morrison lead singer of the doors, writing under a pseudonym would be irresistible to a man like Jim especially if it meant a new beginning....A View To A Kill...by skid-row jim

Jim only needed money from "the doors" if he was only successful as a writer for "the doors"....

This was one of the things I did discuss with Jim during our initial telephone conversation.  I was a published poet at the time in the UK, and was working with established prose and poetry writers even then - not to blow my own trumpet, just that I was lucky to have those opportunities.  Jim told me he was heading out of rock music and into other creative avenues.  He didn't want to become invisible - he wanted to parlay his already recognized abilities into a career as a respected writer, not just to be a brainless 'rock star.'  Just another actor on loan.

By the time of this conversation, Jim was already burning his bridges.  He never once indicated to me that he wanted to pull a disappearing act or seek anonymity.  If anything, he wanted to clear his name, make people understand that he was very serious about writing, not about being the class clown.  He'd worked pretty hard on establishing his name as an artist, but his escapades trivialized those aspirations.  To take it a step further, he had to shed his artistic skin.  That would necessarily require some changes in his life style.  He wasn't ashamed of what and who he was, but he did get that he needed to temper some of the behavior to be taken seriously by the writing community.  Writing is about discipline.  

Ultimately, Jim was a Los Angeles writer.  All his impressions and inspiration came from here. But, you cannot be a prophet in your home town, as they say.

#8 jym

jym

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE(worm man @ Jul 25 2008, 03:27 PM) View Post

John Grisham perhaps?

I agree with Mewsical, Jim Morrison had a marketable name and reputation. Stars are always parlaying one area of stardom to another for instance Elvis from music to movies. William Shatner from TV to Golden Throats and dramatic readings of songs  tongue.gif  That one is a bit tongue in cheek but it's true, & Jim was already making headway into publishing The Lords & The New Creatures was Simon & Shuster I believe, so Jim may have wanted to be known and respected as a writer but that doesn't mean disappearing to don a new name that has as much salability as Joe Blow.

#9 worm man

worm man

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE(mewsical @ Jul 25 2008, 05:57 PM) View Post
This was one of the things I did discuss with Jim during our initial telephone conversation.  I was a published poet at the time in the UK, and was working with established prose and poetry writers even then - not to blow my own trumpet, just that I was lucky to have those opportunities.  Jim told me he was heading out of rock music and into other creative avenues.  He didn't want to become invisible - he wanted to parlay his already recognized abilities into a career as a respected writer, not just to be a brainless 'rock star.'  Just another actor on loan.

By the time of this conversation, Jim was already burning his bridges.  He never once indicated to me that he wanted to pull a disappearing act or seek anonymity.  If anything, he wanted to clear his name, make people understand that he was very serious about writing, not about being the class clown.  He'd worked pretty hard on establishing his name as an artist, but his escapades trivialized those aspirations.  To take it a step further, he had to shed his artistic skin.  That would necessarily require some changes in his life style.  He wasn't ashamed of what and who he was, but he did get that he needed to temper some of the behavior to be taken seriously by the writing community.  Writing is about discipline.  

Ultimately, Jim was a Los Angeles writer.  All his impressions and inspiration came from here. But, you cannot be a prophet in your home town, as they say.

Thank you for that Musical...All i have to go on about Jim is interpretations i get from the doors music and film...you on the otherhand...a lot more personal at home interpretation....

So what reasons did jim have for disappearing...barring ofcourse my science fiction story reason...
In the American Prayer he poetically talked about killing someone and also about planning a murder with a virgin accomplice... so in Jim's poetic mind he talks about it...would Jim have enough reasons to actually go through with it...Did Jim have any reason to pull it off...

#10 Alsatian before The Doors

Alsatian before The Doors

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 493 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:35 PM

Here's one way to frame an answer between Mr WM's 2 polls.

There's no %age chance he faked his own death
therefore
There's no %age chance he is still alive
And
He died of natural causes

A heart attack's a heart attack: the breathing difficulties, chest pains, extreme feelings of anxiety when he did not want to be left alone, the 'deathmask-look' one of his friends described, indicating lower oxygen levels in the blood, and also the coughing of blood, all these symtoms at least point to chronic and severe chest infection, upon which he was still smoking at least cigarettes. Violent fits of coughing that bring up blood are not usually treatable with anti-astma medication. In other words, he may have been misdiagnosed in France, and in need of stronger antibiotic treatment, and REST, which means just that. Someone needs to find all accounts of his symptoms (in the last two weeks) put them together and give them to an appropriate medical practitioner. That person would be better able to surmise whether these were the underlying symptoms of something more serious, and potentially fatal, if untreated and agitated, by someone like Jim Morrison, in his already weakened state, in a country a little more damp than LA.

#11 jym

jym

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE(Alsatian before The Doors @ Jul 26 2008, 02:35 AM) View Post

therefore
And

A heart attack's a heart attack: the breathing difficulties, chest pains, extreme feelings of anxiety when he did not want to be left alone, the 'deathmask-look' one of his friends described, indicating lower oxygen levels in the blood, and also the coughing of blood, all these symtoms at least point to chronic and severe chest infection, upon which he was still smoking at least cigarettes. Violent fits of coughing that bring up blood are not usually treatable with anti-astma medication. In other words, he may have been misdiagnosed in France, and in need of stronger antibiotic treatment, and REST, which means just that. Someone needs to find all accounts of his symptoms (in the last two weeks) put them together and give them to an appropriate medical practitioner. That person would be better able to surmise whether these were the underlying symptoms of something more serious, and potentially fatal, if untreated and agitated, by someone like Jim Morrison, in his already weakened state, in a country a little more damp than LA.

I think we have had someone here in the past that had some medical knowledge, it went round in circles. But that's interesting the death mask thing is actually a phenomena that has a scientific explanation and not perhaps some hindsight obsevation of impending doom.

#12 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE(Alsatian before The Doors @ Jul 26 2008, 12:35 AM) View Post

therefore
And

You make an excellent point here.  When I lived in London in the late 60s, I was plagued by chronic bronchitis, which I could never really shake off.  My doctor told me that I needed to get to a dry desert climate for it to clear up completely.  I also got the smoking lecture, which I did not pay attention to until the late 70s.  

However, I do remember that my doctor provided a letter to the British authorities, allowing me to take all my money out of the country in 1969, as I was relocating to the American Southwest for health reasons, i.e. the bronchitis.  Which did, btw, almost disappear after I moved to L.A.  When I finally chucked the cigarettes, I have never had another problem, but that's a discussion for another day!

My father, until the day of his death, and who was not a smoker, continued to have yearly battles with bronchitis/pneumonia.  If Jim had some genetic tendency to chest problems, the damp atmosphere in Paris, which like London has a major river running through it, would not have helped much.  

Even if he was on antibiotics, Jim probably continued to drink - anecdotally, that appears to have been the case - even in a modified way.  Antibiotics are about as much use as pebbles if you are drinking.  And as for rest - I don't think he knew how to do that.  

#13 worm man

worm man

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE(Alsatian before The Doors @ Jul 26 2008, 12:35 AM) View Post

therefore
And

Ofcourse you're probably right...except for maybe a 27 year old dieing of a heart attack being natural...But I think there is a chance Morrison faked his own death...a slim chance yes...but for a man dieing of natural causes, they sure tried to bury Jim as secretly as possible...not even his friends from LA were invited...poor John

#14 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE(worm man @ Jul 26 2008, 10:31 AM) View Post
Ofcourse you're probably right...except for maybe a 27 year old dieing of a heart attack being natural...But I think there is a chance Morrison faked his own death...a slim chance yes...but for a man dieing of natural causes, they sure tried to bury Jim as secretly as possible...not even his friends from LA were invited...poor John

I don't think it was secret so much as expeditious.  Like I've said, we were notified at Elektra the MINUTE Bill Siddons was able to go to No. 17 and make his decision based on what he observed.  The very next day, Jim was buried.  There really wasn't time for anyone to get there - it was a bit of a shock, as you can imagine.  At least Bill was able to get there.  That was something.  But Pam didn't seem able to deal with anything other than calling Bill in terms of notifying anyone.  I think she was afraid of trouble if she alerted too many people.  

#15 worm man

worm man

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 02:45 PM

You make it sound like Pam was incapable of tying her own shoelaces...could that have been a factor in Jim being buried so mysteriously?

#16 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE(worm man @ Jul 26 2008, 03:45 PM) View Post
You make it sound like Pam was incapable of tying her own shoelaces...could that have been a factor in Jim being buried so mysteriously?

I don't like to make it seem that way, but Pam probably didn't expect Jim to die, let alone the connection with heroin, nevermind the law enforcement climate in those days regarding rock stars and their girlfriends, especially in Europe and London.  As I was living there in those days, and knew some of the players in this little drama, I can tell you it wasn't exactly a game.  Keith and Mick went to prison, Brian - well, continued persecution, with a very negative outcome.  Pam was connected into this clique - certainly through Marianne's relationship with Le Comte, a former b.f. of Pam's.  Was Jim a patsy in a big dope deal gone wrong?  You tell me.

Jim moved to Paris from L.A. - out of the frying pan, into the fire.  

#17 worm man

worm man

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE(mewsical @ Jul 26 2008, 05:55 PM) View Post
I don't like to make it seem that way, but Pam probably didn't expect Jim to die, let alone the connection with heroin, nevermind the law enforcement climate in those days regarding rock stars and their girlfriends, especially in Europe and London.  As I was living there in those days, and knew some of the players in this little drama, I can tell you it wasn't exactly a game.  Keith and Mick went to prison, Brian - well, continued persecution, with a very negative outcome.  Pam was connected into this clique - certainly through Marianne's relationship with Le Comte, a former b.f. of Pam's.  Was Jim a patsy in a big dope deal gone wrong?  You tell me.

Jim moved to Paris from L.A. - out of the frying pan, into the fire.

If Jim was at the Circus that night then Jim did a Jim and did not heed the warning...I think he made the deal go bad...I doubt he was setup...

#18 mutenostrilagony

mutenostrilagony

Strange Days

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE(mewsical @ Jul 26 2008, 10:57 AM) View Post

As I keep saying in my posts if this subjcet comes up and I do quote from a source from a certain band  member, I think he would like to be remembered and he went out like a "shooting star", someone who is htere for a short amount of time and then gone but never forgotten.  On the other hand there were other endeavours that he would have liked to have pursued.  The doors would have broken up for a while but would still have played together from time to time, I don't think there was any intention of breaking up the group.  I do not know what he said to any interviewer or jounalist because him going to paris was not public knowledge it was only the band and people around him that knew.  

He also said to Danny Sugarman that he was not sure if hje was coming back from Paris and there are many stories from people who knew him that said he had already died or worn out before he went to paris, namely Patricia Kenneally, whom a lot of fans and associates seem  to dislike, so no, I personally do not think morrison faked his own death, and as we know there was not an autopsy performed hence, the "jim's not dead" rumours, but hey, what good is myth without reality...

#19 jym

jym

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:54 AM

Even if there had been an autopsy I'm sure we could still have a good Jim faked his own death conspiracy theory, it was just some poor bum who they found that looked like Jim they killed him, gave the cops Jim's passport, blah, blah...

Look at Elvis, emergency room, autopsy, & still Elvis is alive & working at Burger King stories made the rounds. & weirdly enough Elvis still liked to dress in those jump suits.  laugh.gif

#20 adrienne

adrienne

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:26 AM

we all want 2 remember jim as a shooting star blah blah but the truth of the matter is that i can't stop thinking about it anymore than you...i no longer believe jim faked his own death although there is still a 1% of uncertainty i struggle with but it doesn't consume me like it used to...but i always keep my ear to the pavement so to speak...the amount of grief while jim wouldn't have wanted her to go through that...there is no way jim would've told pam what was going down because i think he was trying to get away from her and all that she represented...so pam's grief used to make me think jim didn't fake his own death but jim wouldn't have told pam about it obviously so it makes me think about it more...it's like an endless question...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users