#41 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE (PTLWP @ Dec 4 2008, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Years ago, I borrowed the book from the liberry and read the whole thing.  It was a nicely crafted fairy tale......best decribed as a heady piece of a Harlequin Romance with the turbo charge of rock stars and their ladies.......taken as such, and nothing more, it was a "saccharin sweet" tale of Romeo and Juliet, but one with the male protagonist in leathers and his lady faire with a taste for dangerous side of life.......a regular Madame Bovary but with none of the talent of a Klaus Flaubert, I am afraid.

Somewhat along the lines of Ms. Kenneally's little fantasy.  

#42 PTLWP

PTLWP

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 403 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE (mewsical @ Dec 4 2008, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Somewhat along the lines of Ms. Kenneally's little fantasy.

Kind of.....but Kenneally is more of a pitiable narcissist whose "ballroom days were over baby", before they even got started!  Butler is/was a case of "money beats soul, everytime!"....... a different type of animal, but in the same genus, if not species....

wink.gif

#43 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE (PTLWP @ Dec 4 2008, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kind of.....but Kenneally is more of a pitiable narcissist whose "ballroom days were over baby", before they even got started!  Butler is/was a case of "money beats soul, everytime!"....... a different type of animal, but in the same genus, if not species....

wink.gif

Boy, is that true about Kenneally!   Butler at least spares us a blog, a MySpace, and ongoing ridiculousness.  

#44 MeagerFood521

MeagerFood521

Morrison Hotel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 04:14 AM

QUOTE (mewsical @ Dec 4 2008, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Boy, is that true about Kenneally! Butler at least spares us a blog, a MySpace, and ongoing ridiculousness.

I could never understand what relevance this person has to our forum.    j

#45 PTLWP

PTLWP

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 403 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (MeagerFood521 @ Dec 5 2008, 07:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I could never understand what relevance this person has to our forum.    j

Sort of her own "immortal paradox/parasite" here, eh?
laugh.gif

#46 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:32 AM

I have to agree with Jacky to a certain extent.  PK is a sad woman, just another g.f. of Jim's - he had plenty, let's face it - but she continues to act as if this misguided tomfoolery on his part, i.e. the 'witch wedding' is somehow binding legally, which it most certainly is not.  At least the majority of Jim's ex'es keep an extremely low profile and keep their experiences with him to themselves.  Somehow or another, PK has become fascinating to some posters in the Doors' message board community.  I had never heard of the woman before I came onto the forums a couple of years back, and I find her exquisitely boring and meaningless.  I really don't care what she says on an ongoing basis, and why it matters to anyone is sort of beyond me.  She was a journalist who wrote a piece on Jim that he liked and they had an affair.  She overreacted to this affair, and then made a nuisance of herself.  Jim told her to leave him alone, but she didn't get it.  As actions speak louder than words, Jim went to Paris with Pam - any reasonable woman would then realize he had made his decision, and give it up.  Unfortunately, Jim died.  This left the field open for all her imaginings, which she has now whipped into this "I am the one and only true love of Jim Morrison's."  

Yes, dear, whatever you say.   rolleyes.gif

In the meantime, he left everything to Pam, his legally-recognized common-law wife.  Actions speaking louder again.

#47 PTLWP

PTLWP

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 403 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 12:44 PM

I didn't bring the woman's name up....I only replied to her mention...my sin......

#48 knowidea

knowidea

Morrison Hotel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:23 PM

Do 10 Hail Mary's and you're forgiven. smile.gif

#49 PTLWP

PTLWP

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 403 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (knowidea @ Dec 5 2008, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do 10 Hail Mary's and you're forgiven. smile.gif

laugh.gif

Maybe the Eagles need to do a Hail Mary this weekend against the Giants!!

laugh.gif

#50 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (PTLWP @ Dec 5 2008, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't bring the woman's name up....I only replied to her mention...my sin......

Don't worry about it - she's become a fixture, unfortunately.  Sort of like cockroaches.  You can get rid of them temporarily, but back they come!  laugh.gif

#51 PTLWP

PTLWP

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 403 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (mewsical @ Dec 5 2008, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't worry about it - she's become a fixture, unfortunately.  Sort of like cockroaches.  You can get rid of them temporarily, but back they come!  laugh.gif

laugh.gif Call the exterminator?   laugh.gif Fumigate the place?   laugh.gif

#52 Pythia

Pythia

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (Moses Jones @ May 13 2008, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anyone here read the latest edition of Angels Dance and Angels Die by Patricia Butler? The latest 2007 edition has as an added chapter. I read that it's now in it's fifth printing with over 1 million copies sold. I'M wondering what might be in that newest chapter and if it's as titillating as the original edition?

I suppose it s the link I posted before http://www.amazon.com/Angels-Dance-Die-Rom...n/dp/0825672708

#53 Sacha

Sacha

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:27 AM

Holy shit, why is it so expensive...84.93$ new????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users