3 replies to this topic

#1 dark_rimbe

dark_rimbe

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:01 PM

i think john is the only one who maitains the phyllosophy of the music and care the thru message into the songs...curious after all he passed with jim...even tender knowing how it was the whole thing the last years.i'm proud by the way john deffends the doors' music of prostitution and nonsense of this days.

#2 jazzjunky

jazzjunky

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 06:24 PM

I see a lot of classic bands' music being used for ridiculous purposes, and the one band that seems to be used for the most part is the Beatles.  Everywhere you turn, you see a stupid commercial accompanied by one of their songs sung by no-talent hacks.  A commercial using Queen's "We Will Rock You" just came out, starting with a few tuneless wonders singing the first few bars before sequeing into the original recording.  I'm glad that the Doors music hasn't been subjected to this. mad.gif

#3 elshaman

elshaman

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 262 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:03 PM

QUOTE (jazzjunky @ Jan 2 2009, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see a lot of classic bands' music being used for ridiculous purposes, and the one band that seems to be used for the most part is the Beatles.  Everywhere you turn, you see a stupid commercial accompanied by one of their songs sung by no-talent hacks.  A commercial using Queen's "We Will Rock You" just came out, starting with a few tuneless wonders singing the first few bars before sequeing into the original recording.  I'm glad that the Doors music hasn't been subjected to this. mad.gif

amen to that

#4 Guest_TheWallsScreamedPoetry_*

Guest_TheWallsScreamedPoetry_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (dark_rimbe @ Apr 16 2008, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think john is the only one who maitains the phyllosophy of the music and care the thru message into the songs...curious after all he passed with jim...even tender knowing how it was the whole thing the last years.i'm proud by the way john deffends the doors' music of prostitution and nonsense of this days.

When it suits him that's true.
I don't see how a shoe maintained the spirit of The Doors myself  laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users