22 replies to this topic

#1 Moses Jones

Moses Jones

Waiting For The Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 02:29 PM

Here is one of my puppies - Atomic Annie. She's an NKC Mountain Feist. The little one of the litter, she doesn't know it and is a fireball.

I named her after a 280mm field howitzer that was built and test fired in 1953 that shot a 15 kiloton nuclear projectile (about the size of the bomb used on Hiroshima) up to a range of about 20 miles. A single test shot was fired seven miles at the Nevada Test site on May 25, 1953.

Obviously I'M convinced this puppy's explosive potential.

a short video of Frenchman's Flat, Nevada - Atomic Cannon Test. May 25, 1953

#2 Billy Cooke

Billy Cooke

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE(Moses Jones @ Oct 5 2007, 12:29 AM) View Post

Jesus!

"If you see the flash, it's already too late!"

Nice dog, by the way.

#3 Moses Jones

Moses Jones

Waiting For The Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 02:45 PM

Something about that video I really like watching it. The whooosh of that shell in flight, then the eerie silence and that big ass boom and the resulting mushroom cloud.

There was a series of 11 tests that year called Upshot-Knothole. This includes some of the biggest baddest and dirtiest tests ever like Dirty Harry. This part of our history fascinates and terrifies me at the same time. I imagine there are hot spots out there that will never be fit for humans again.

One of these could ruin your whole day - The music video version

#4 Christie

Christie

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 306 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:00 PM

Beautiful puppy, MJ. I know her name is Atomic Annie, but what do you call her?

#5 knowidea

knowidea

Morrison Hotel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE(Moses Jones @ Oct 4 2007, 10:45 PM) View Post
Something about that video I really like watching it. The whooosh of that shell in flight, then the eerie silence and that big ass boom and the resulting mushroom cloud.

There was a series of 11 tests that year called Upshot-Knothole. This includes some of the biggest baddest and dirtiest tests ever like Dirty Harry. This part of our history fascinates and terrifies me at the same time. I imagine there are hot spots out there that will never be fit for humans again.

One of these could ruin your whole day - The music video version

Kind of a funny parallel here between a puppy and atomic weapons.  So on that note: I recommend watching the documentary "Trinity And Beyond" (DVD).  Very educational and an eye opener to say the least.  BTW:  This isn't a chick flick.....so if you watch it during a date........you can kiss off any later activities.  Her last words out the door will be "What an asshole". smile.gif

#6 Moses Jones

Moses Jones

Waiting For The Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE(Christie @ Oct 4 2007, 11:00 PM) View Post
Beautiful puppy, MJ. I know her name is Atomic Annie, but what do you call her?

I call her Annie, unless I'M feeling formal or she's michevious, then it's Atomic Annie. Her mother's papered name is Galla Creek Fancy Pants, but her call name is Sasha.  And if she's frisky or or if I'M in a goofy mood it's Sasha Lee, Sometimes I'll call her Sasha Lee Gifford.
Sort of an homage to Kathy Lee Gifford.

Forgive my rambelings here, I haven't any children to spoil or fuss about. We had five of these pups and one went to a family friend a state away, the others are still here waiting to be loved. We hope to keep one or two, but truth is I'M attached and love them all. My goal is of course to find them good homes.

Esau The Untouchable

I named him after Esau in the Bible, because Esau was a hunter.

#7 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 07:59 AM

I don't know if any of you guys are aware of a very successful female singer/songwriter by the name of Feist.

Her song 1234 is used on the iPod commercial, and her album is really good.  You've likely heard the song, just didn't know who it was.  

Feist - 1234

A good friend of mine back in Nashville has (and I hope still has) a female Mountain Feist.  She was a real handful, but a lot of fun and smart as a whip, as they say.  Looked a lot like Miss Annie.

#8 Moses Jones

Moses Jones

Waiting For The Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE(mewsical @ Oct 5 2007, 11:59 AM) View Post
I don't know if any of you guys are aware of a very successful female singer/songwriter by the name of Feist.

Her song 1234 is used on the iPod commercial, and her album is really good.  You've likely heard the song, just didn't know who it was.  

Feist - 1234

A good friend of mine back in Nashville has (and I hope still has) a female Mountain Feist.  She was a real handful, but a lot of fun and smart as a whip, as they say.  Looked a lot like Miss Annie.

I hadn't ever heard of her. Not exactly my kinda music but she's pretty cute. Wonder if she's house broke?

#9 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE(Moses Jones @ Oct 5 2007, 09:32 AM) View Post
I hadn't ever heard of her. Not exactly my kinda music but she's pretty cute. Wonder if she's house broke?

At the very least!

#10 lost little girl

lost little girl

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 04:12 AM

QUOTE(Moses Jones @ Oct 4 2007, 10:29 PM) View Post

Here is one of my puppies - Atomic Annie. She's an NKC Mountain Feist. The little one of the litter, she doesn't know it and is a fireball.

I named her after a 280mm field howitzer that was built and test fired in 1953 that shot a 15 kiloton nuclear projectile (about the size of the bomb used on Hiroshima) up to a range of about 20 miles. A single test shot was fired seven miles at the Nevada Test site on May 25, 1953.

Obviously I'M convinced this puppy's explosive potential.

a short video of Frenchman's Flat, Nevada - Atomic Cannon Test. May 25, 1953

what a cute puppy smile.gif

#11 gotothelight

gotothelight

L.A. Woman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 06:12 PM

The puppies are adorable M. If everyone wasn't out of this house everyday from 7am until 7pm.. I'd probably take one in a heartbeat.

#12 Moses Jones

Moses Jones

Waiting For The Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 09:57 AM

#13 Salli

Salli

Strange Days

• Omega
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:51 PM

They're adorable, Any blues-whites? Esau is a cutie. Wish I could get one, reminds me of a dog we had, but mom loves her squirrels (so our new Little Miss Kitty has to learn to be an inside cat cause of our bushy tailed little funsters) and I'm afraid I'd be baking a recipe "Remains of Squirrel-wine pie" after one of your pups was through with the day's hunt here in Maryland...but just adorable anyway.

#14 Moses Jones

Moses Jones

Waiting For The Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:27 PM

No blue - whites all of them were tri color. I wish I had thought of it sooner one of the girls could have been named Mustang Sally.

#15 Moses Jones

Moses Jones

Waiting For The Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 09:34 AM

A fella and his two buddies from Texas are going to take my last three pups including one I didn't really want to see go, my only boy Esau. I'M not too happy about it but glad I was a success in finding them all good homes.

Thought For The Day

Handle every situation like a dog.

If you can't Eat it or Chew it,

Pee on it and walk away.. biggrin.gif

#16 MeagerFood521

MeagerFood521

Morrison Hotel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 02:57 PM

M.  Great looking puppies.  Glad you found good homes....don't worry....more will be coming your way!!!!!!!!!!!!
     J.  (I have no children either....so I have alot of animals ... including Joe)  ha ha    j.

#17 knowidea

knowidea

Morrison Hotel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 06:00 PM

I love dogs....I lost my last one a couple of years ago at his age of 13 and his sister is now 15 and 1/2!   Collie mix.  Beautiful dogs.   The death of that dog hurt me worse than the loss of ANY human relationship in my past and I have to go through it again in the near future w/ her.  That damn near sent me to therapy (almost).  I don't do therapy......maybe because I have a degree in Psychology and always felt my professors and classmates were some of the most fucked up people around.  smile.gif  Anyway, I don't think I will voluntarily subject myself to another pet loss in the future.  Getting too old for that.

#18 gotothelight

gotothelight

L.A. Woman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 01:56 PM

I hear you Jim. Pet loss is difficult. We had a dog named Barney.. was 16 years old.. my husband's best buddy. When my husband died, Barney waited by the door for him for days.. wouldn't even eat.. and then one day.. he was just gone. We never found out what happened to him... but I suspect he went off somewhere and just quietly died.

#19 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE(gotothelight @ Nov 24 2007, 01:56 PM) View Post
I hear you Jim. Pet loss is difficult. We had a dog named Barney.. was 16 years old.. my husband's best buddy. When my husband died, Barney waited by the door for him for days.. wouldn't even eat.. and then one day.. he was just gone. We never found out what happened to him... but I suspect he went off somewhere and just quietly died.

I believe he went to join your husband and they'll be waiting for you.  Animals don't fear death, because they don't know it's coming, and it's a natural thing for them anyway.

I lost a cat this year after a long battle with heart disease.  Ultimately, all you can do is your best and then you have to let them go.  

The love exchanged with our animal companions is what we should ideally aspire to in love for our human companions.  Animals are simple and uncomplicated, and they teach us as well as they can. They don't have egos.  They love unconditionally. They accept whatever comes with as good a grace as they can.  

Find me a human who can do that.

#20 Nora

Nora

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 07:54 PM

Ohmigosh my dad's friend's dog died and I was crying. It is really sad. And one of my best friends had a dog and we cried kuz she's like, "I don't know what I'm gonna do without him." And my other friend's dog just got put to sleep kuz she had a horrible disease and my friend said that her dog was like a sibbling to her.... now I'm starting to tear up. It is so depressing but so worth it...you know, the love you get in return when you love them so much. I think I'm gonna get a Husky puppy or an Eskimo puppy when I move out. I love dogs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users