176 replies to this topic

#161 gotothelight

gotothelight

L.A. Woman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE(darkstar @ Aug 15 2007, 09:16 PM) View Post
'deliver their estimate'  I will have to put the sentence together to tell you the meaning.

I'm thinking deliver their estimate means something like 'tell their story' ...

#162 gotothelight

gotothelight

L.A. Woman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 06:03 PM

I'm also thinking it would fun to post through Babelfish from now on and let everyone try to figure out what the heck we're trying to say  wink.gif

#163 Christie

Christie

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 306 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:26 PM

There are a couple people who post here whom I thought must be translating to English from their native language through Babelfish.

#164 rotaryperception

rotaryperception

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE(Christie @ Aug 15 2007, 09:26 PM) View Post
There are a couple people who post here whom I thought must be translating to English from their native language through Babelfish.

I made the mistake of asking if English was a poster's second language.
Is English the hardest to learn?

Is there is any reason that Jim Morrison would not try what everyone else around was using?

#165 worm man

worm man

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE(mewsical @ Jul 30 2007, 11:52 AM) View Post
Ahem - there were British forces in there as well, and we are still waiting for something other than a disdainful sniff from You Know Who!  In fact, speaking of funding the Revolution ...  laugh.gif

On D Day Canadian forces made it the farthest inland...until they were met by one of Hitlers elite panther groups and all captured were executed...and Canadians did liberate Holland....not to take anything away from the amount the Americans did...they scored the late goal in both world wars to win the game

#166 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE(worm man @ Aug 17 2007, 10:49 AM) View Post
On D Day Canadian forces made it the farthest inland...until they were met by one of Hitlers elite panther groups and all captured were executed...and Canadians did liberate Holland....not to take anything away from the amount the Americans did...they scored the late goal in both world wars to win the game

We were discussing the liberation of Paris, I think, vis a vis why there would have been people celebrating there over the July 4 weekend, when Jim died.

#167 worm man

worm man

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE(mewsical @ Aug 17 2007, 11:28 AM) View Post
We were discussing the liberation of Paris, I think, vis a vis why there would have been people celebrating there over the July 4 weekend, when Jim died.

France was liberated by America in WWI???....I thinks that's when they showed up for the party

#168 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE(worm man @ Aug 17 2007, 06:01 PM) View Post
France was liberated by America in WWI???....I thinks that's when they showed up for the party

Er no - Second World War in this case.  But - FYI - the Americans did join the Allies in 1917 and entered Europe by arrival in Paris on July 4, under the command of General John Pershing.  

#169 worm man

worm man

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE(mewsical @ Aug 18 2007, 03:01 PM) View Post
Er no - Second World War in this case.  But - FYI - the Americans did join the Allies in 1917 and entered Europe by arrival in Paris on July 4, under the command of General John Pershing.

yes quite right...but france wasn't liberated untill august i believe...but who's counting...And I thought it was the british....Canadians had better things to do after winning the day at Juno...

#170 stoned immaculate

stoned immaculate

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:22 PM

I just wanted to say thankyou to everyone for the research,it has been so interesting to read,thankyou for taking the time to do it.

#171 MeagerFood521

MeagerFood521

Morrison Hotel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE (stoned immaculate @ Sep 28 2010, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just wanted to say thankyou to everyone for the research,it has been so interesting to read,thankyou for taking the time to do it.

SI...........Been a Doors fan for over 40 years, read just about everything I could get my hands on...saw Jim in concert twice and John 3 times (once w/Tribal)....
The Doors history to me is facinating.... biggrin.gif

#172 stoned immaculate

stoned immaculate

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:24 AM

Hi Meagerfoods,i wish i had been born 35 years earlier,i would have loved to have seen The Doors live,which concerts did you go to?

#173 stoned immaculate

stoned immaculate

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:25 AM

Hi Meagerfoods,i wish i had been born 35 years earlier,i would have loved to have seen The Doors live,which concerts did you go to?

#174 MeagerFood521

MeagerFood521

Morrison Hotel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:28 AM

QUOTE (stoned immaculate @ Nov 7 2010, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I saw them at the Arena here in Philadelphia in 1968///again at the Spectrum  May 1 1970.  I went to see John w/Tribal Jazz approx. 3 years ago at the Keswick (nearby)...

It was at the Arena concert that I first became a Doors fan....here in Philly we were
used to the Beach Boys and the music of that time...THEN along comes Morrison AND PHILADELPHIA was changed forever. rolleyes.gif

Welcome to the forum///our members know their sh_t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS////I am 63 years old and looking at my mortality....you aren't....ENJOY the 35 year run...mine is over, however I have no regrets!!!!!!  Jacky

#175 jym

jym

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE (MeagerFood521 @ Nov 8 2010, 05:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw them at the Arena here in Philadelphia in 1968///again at the Spectrum  May 1 1970.  I went to see John w/Tribal Jazz approx. 3 years ago at the Keswick (nearby)...

It was at the Arena concert that I first became a Doors fan....here in Philly we were
used to the Beach Boys and the music of that time...THEN along comes Morrison AND PHILADELPHIA was changed forever. rolleyes.gif

PS////I am 63 years old and looking at my mortality....you aren't....ENJOY the 35 year run...mine is over, however I have no regrets!!!!!!  Jacky

Jeez Jacky! You can't give up, you gotta stay in the game until The End!

#176 stoned immaculate

stoned immaculate

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE (MeagerFood521 @ Nov 8 2010, 03:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Jacky,thanks for the welcome,,this really is a great board it is so informative and there are so many interesting topics and discussions

#177 stoned immaculate

stoned immaculate

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:15 AM

Hi Jacky,thanks for the welcome,i think this is a great board it is very informative and there are so many interesting topics and discussions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users