#1 DarkSide

DarkSide

Strange Days

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:52 PM

Have you ever heard about her?

She was Jim`s first longtime girlfriend (for about three years) - before the whole Doors-thing started.

Very interesting story!

Read this:

Mary Werbelow

#2 DarkSide

DarkSide

Strange Days

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:25 PM

smile.gif

#3 NP

NP

Waiting For The Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 04:44 PM

Yeah I've seen it before. She seems sincere.

#4 worm man

worm man

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 04:58 PM

she was a beauty

#5 lost little girl

lost little girl

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 05:15 PM

yes, i ve read before about her..she really was very beautiful..since Jim put her as the metaphore in some of Doors songs, she must meant a lot to him..their story is very charming..but i am sorry that Mary has a life like that now, sad..

#6 the mad hatter

the mad hatter

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 03:44 AM

Yeah, she was a true beauty and very elegant.

#7 Salli

Salli

Strange Days

• Omega
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:52 AM

Mary was not Jim's first girlfriend. I believe Tandy Martin was his high school sweetheart. At least Jim thought so.

The other thing Jim thought was that his actions caused Mary to leave. He was seeing other girls and Mary walked in on Jim and another girl at a rather bad time for Mary. I believe that's mentioned in several books.

Ys, she was and apparently is still lovely.

#8 DarkSide

DarkSide

Strange Days

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE(Salli @ Jun 19 2007, 08:52 PM)  
Mary was not Jim's first girlfriend. I believe Tandy Martin was his high school sweetheart. At least Jim thought so.

The other thing Jim thought was that his actions caused Mary to leave. He was seeing other girls and Mary walked in on Jim and another girl at a rather bad time for Mary. I believe that's mentioned in several books.

Thank you, Salli.

Do you mean Mary wasn`t Jim`s girlfriend at all, she only wanted to be or imagined to be his girlfriend?
Well, perhaps Jim and Mary had a misunderstanding about the meaning of the word "relationship"?  laugh.gif

Or do you mean: Mary really was Jim`s girlfriend but not his first one?

Tandy Martin?
Never heard of this woman.
Who is Tandy?

Thank you for the nice photos, Mad Hatter!

#9 Salli

Salli

Strange Days

• Omega
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:12 PM

Tandy was Jim's first girlfriend when he was in high school in Virginia. Mary was his college sweetheart in Florida and at UCLA.

#10 rotaryperception

rotaryperception

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE(Salli @ Jun 19 2007, 11:52 AM)  

So the advice to the young men is to always include both girls in the action so that neither feels left out. Perhaps couples should go looking for a second girl as an activity. Guys gotta be up front about that in the beginning though, even if they have no intentions on doing it, it is best to inform the girl. It may even get her excited.

#11 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:43 PM

On the subject of Jim's high school days, has anybody read/liked this memoir by a buddy of Jim's?  The customer reviews seem pretty favorable.  

The Lizard King Was Here.

#12 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE(rotaryperception @ Jun 19 2007, 05:40 PM)  
So the advice to the young men is to always include both girls in the action so that neither feels left out. Perhaps couples should go looking for a second girl as an activity. Guys gotta be up front about that in the beginning though, even if they have no intentions on doing it, it is best to inform the girl. It may even get her excited.

Yeah, excited enough to dump you on your sorry ass!  rolleyes.gif

#13 Ia woman

Ia woman

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 342 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE(rotaryperception @ Jun 19 2007, 07:40 PM)  

let us know how your plan works RP,
sigh........

#14 gotothelight

gotothelight

L.A. Woman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE(mewsical @ Jun 19 2007, 08:43 PM)  
On the subject of Jim's high school days, has anybody read/liked this memoir by a buddy of Jim's?  The customer reviews seem pretty favorable.  

The Lizard King Was Here.

There was quite a long discussion about this wonderful book in the "general Doors forum" which the author, Mark Opsasnick, was an active participant in. Mark, by the way, did not know Jim Morrison.
You can read the discussion HERE

#15 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE(gotothelight @ Jun 19 2007, 06:40 PM)  
There was quite a long discussion about this wonderful book in the "general Doors forum" which the author, Mark Opsasnick, was an active participant in. Mark, by the way, did not know Jim Morrison.
You can read the discussion HERE

Now, I have to read Chapter 17!  Things that make you go 'hmmm'!

Thanks for that! Sounds like a very interesting and unique book.

#16 Christie

Christie

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 306 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 07:29 PM

Opsasnick lives in Maryland and is somewhat younger than Jim, I believe. His book is great. I grew up in Baltimore and was familiar with some of the places that Jim frequented as a high school student. The drinking age in D.C. was 18 at the time so kids would drive to D.C. to drink. It's a wonder more of them didn't get killed on the way home.

BTW, Salli knows Mark. She could probably give a bit of insight into the book.

#17 the mad hatter

the mad hatter

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE(DarkSide @ Jun 19 2007, 01:40 PM)  
Thank you for the nice photos, Mad Hatter!

You're wellcome biggrin.gif

#18 lost little girl

lost little girl

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:04 AM

it is a very small picture of Mary, but she has a beautiful big smile on it.

smile.gif

#19 DarkSide

DarkSide

Strange Days

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:34 AM

I found something, I don`t know if it is a fake or not...
I hope it is ok to post it in this thread...

Before starting film school in Los Angeles, Jim Morrison spent 2 years in college in Florida. He attended St. Petersburg Junior College for the 1961-62 academic year, then transferred to Florida State University. He was at FSU for the 1962-63 academic year and the fall trimester of 1963.

The top section of his transcript is from SPJC, where he got B's and C's in basic classes, including English, math and biology.

The bottom four sections are from FSU, where he got A's in Collective Behavior and Essentials of Acting, and a B in Philosophy of Protest.

Source: The Doors archive

(Source: Jim`s marks)

#20 NP

NP

Waiting For The Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 01:49 PM

Interesting thanks for posting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users