#21 MeagerFood521

MeagerFood521

Morrison Hotel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE(Bianca @ May 24 2007, 08:50 AM) View Post
I'm about half to 3 quarters through the book. It's awesome!! smile.gif It's so interesting!
it's so funny. I'm up to that bit where Jim got arrested on stage.. and somehow Jim fell off the stage lmao!!  laugh.gif  Jim seems very different, and very funny. and its funny how they say they had to babysit jim.  I also like John's way of writing... Fasinating!! biggrin.gif
He seems like a sweety! with a naughty side at times  loL!
~Bianca~

Bianca.......there is a dynamite review of 'Riders'  by Dana Wilde...in here under book reviews.
                (The journalist is reviewing 2 books at once).  It is WELL WORTH a read.  j.

#22 Bianca

Bianca

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:55 AM

I just read the bit where they were at the Court hearing for Jim's "miami concert" thingy.. and  Gosh! Ray is hilarious!!  The court guy goes "Ray, did you see mr morrison's Organ?" and ray goes "no sir, but I play the organ!"   lmao!   laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

#23 koko

koko

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 02:09 AM

Sometimes i blame this book for failing exam in 2001. It kept me occupied so much that i could not concentrate on my actual subjects!

#24 gotothelight

gotothelight

L.A. Woman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 04:31 AM

QUOTE(koko @ Mar 19 2008, 06:09 AM) View Post
Sometimes i blame this book for failing exam in 2001. It kept me occupied so much that i could not concentrate on my actual subjects!

One of the classic symptoms of being engrossed in a really good book! I've been known to almost burn dinner.. and be late for work.. whilst my nose is stuck in a book that has my undivided attention.

#25 lost little girl

lost little girl

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE(koko @ Mar 19 2008, 11:09 AM) View Post

lol.
similar happened to me. i forgot about the time, and was late to school.

laugh.gif

#26 mutenostrilagony

mutenostrilagony

Strange Days

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:23 AM

QUOTE(lost little girl @ Mar 20 2008, 10:20 PM) View Post
lol.
similar happened to me. i forgot about the time, and was late to school.

laugh.gif

I would have to say that I was more interested in tye groups of the day then any subject in high school.  I would have to blame turning into a beatles fan more than anything else.  This did not make me late for school or to fail my fav subject english or music studies.  i now have been a beatles fan all my teenage life and now in adulthood.

As for the doors ray once said and you can read this in John's book "you have to be intelligent to like the doors".  This is the chapter where john is doing his full open letter to jim.

How intelligent do we have to be ray?

#27 MeagerFood521

MeagerFood521

Morrison Hotel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:44 AM

QUOTE(mutenostrilagony @ Mar 20 2008, 02:23 PM) View Post
I would have to say that I was more interested in tye groups of the day then any subject in high school. I would have to blame turning into a beatles fan more than anything else. This did not make me late for school or to fail my fav subject english or music studies. i now have been a beatles fan all my teenage life and now in adulthood.

As for the doors ray once said and you can read this in John's book "you have to be intelligent to like the doors". This is the chapter where john is doing his full open letter to jim.

How intelligent do we have to be ray?

P.  Do you think Ray was complimenting his own intelligence or was it just a subtle put down of Jim's fans?
    Also, I agree with the intelligence somewhat but would not call it a necessity as the music itself has a
    life of it's own.  Be interesting to hear your response as it was an interesting ? you brought up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  tc  Jacky

#28 mutenostrilagony

mutenostrilagony

Strange Days

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE(MeagerFood521 @ Apr 9 2008, 12:44 AM) View Post
P.  Do you think Ray was complimenting his own intelligence or was it just a subtle put down of Jim's fans?
    Also, I agree with the intelligence somewhat but would not call it a necessity as the music itself has a
    life of it's own.  Be interesting to hear your response as it was an interesting ? you brought up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  tc  Jacky

Nice to hear from you again, I thought you were on holiday!  To answer your Q about ray:  No, I think he was speaking of "intelligence" in the general sense or to just make a statement to generate some press as to how he feels the doors related to the early 80' s generation as well as people who enjoyed their music in their time.  i don't think ray was putting down any of jim's fans.  I think he ws talking in general terms and i will say that as doors fans we are pretty damn intelligent!

#29 MeagerFood521

MeagerFood521

Morrison Hotel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE(mutenostrilagony @ Apr 9 2008, 07:01 AM) View Post
Nice to hear from you again, I thought you were on holiday! To answer your Q about ray: No, I think he was speaking of "intelligence" in the general sense or to just make a statement to generate some press as to how he feels the doors related to the early 80' s generation as well as people who enjoyed their music in their time. i don't think ray was putting down any of jim's fans. I think he ws talking in general terms and i will say that as doors fans we are pretty damn intelligent!

P.  Amen to that.  Sometimes the intelligence shown right here in our forum is amazing...wanna know what is going on in the world?  Don't bother with TV or newspapers...just come in here!!
All in all I believe the Doors themselves were extremely intelligent especially in clarity/unity of thought as to what they were doing.  NOTHING was handed to them.  While reading the scrapbook I see superlatives on Morrison's work along with the work of the Doors themselves by their counterparts and almost 40 years have passed since the death of Jim.
'The legend continues.....................................'     Jacky

#30 CEarth

CEarth

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:56 AM

I read Riders On the Storm by JD last year. A friend of mine gave it to me to read it. I must say it was a great read. It was the second book of three that I've read about the Doors. The first was No one here gets out alive. One of my favorite parts in John's book which really made me excited was John telling us that he was the only one you attended Woodstock in 1969 with his current girlfriend then. I have Woodstock on DVD. So needless to say after reading that I loaded up the first DVD and forwarded to were John claims he's seen briefly on the side of the stage. It's during the performance of Joe Cocker. If you have Woodstock check it out. It's during "With a little Help from my Friends". During the performance the camaras are viewing Joe and the band from the right-angle looking at the stage. As soon as the camara switches to the left angle side from the audience to the stage place your dvd player in slow motion. As the camara focuses you will see John Densmore on the right side of the stage hanging out. He's all decked out like a rock and roller. It's very brief but it is indeed him. The only Doors member to attend that festival.
: )

#31 lost little girl

lost little girl

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE(CEarth @ May 30 2008, 05:56 PM) View Post
I read Riders On the Storm by JD last year. A friend of mine gave it to me to read it. I must say it was a great read. It was the second book of three that I've read about the Doors. The first was No one here gets out alive. One of my favorite parts in John's book which really made me excited was John telling us that he was the only one you attended Woodstock in 1969 with his current girlfriend then. I have Woodstock on DVD. So needless to say after reading that I loaded up the first DVD and forwarded to were John claims he's seen briefly on the side of the stage. It's during the performance of Joe Cocker. If you have Woodstock check it out. It's during "With a little Help from my Friends". During the performance the camaras are viewing Joe and the band from the right-angle looking at the stage. As soon as the camara switches to the left angle side from the audience to the stage place your dvd player in slow motion. As the camara focuses you will see John Densmore on the right side of the stage hanging out. He's all decked out like a rock and roller. It's very brief but it is indeed him. The only Doors member to attend that festival.
: )

You can see John on The woodstock tape???
COOL!!! smile.gif

Gotta see that!

#32 mutenostrilagony

mutenostrilagony

Strange Days

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:11 AM

looks like a rock and roller ha?  What is he wearing?

#33 CEarth

CEarth

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE(mutenostrilagony @ Jun 2 2008, 02:11 AM) View Post
looks like a rock and roller ha?  What is he wearing?

I believe he's wearing a black vest over a white shirt. (I'm not 100% sure it's been awhile since I've viewed it.) But I do remember his side-burns and mostache. I would of never knowned about this if I didn't read his book......lolo

#34 mutenostrilagony

mutenostrilagony

Strange Days

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE(CEarth @ Jun 2 2008, 11:07 PM) View Post
I believe he's wearing a black vest over a white shirt. (I'm not 100% sure it's been awhile since I've viewed it.) But I do remember his side-burns and mostache. I would of never knowned about this if I didn't read his book......lolo

can this be viewed on youtube?

#35 MeagerFood521

MeagerFood521

Morrison Hotel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE(mutenostrilagony @ Jun 3 2008, 10:51 AM) View Post

Never saw this...I suppose if I root thru my collection it will turn
up somewhere.
Call me a 60's freak but I read ROTS at least 15 times...of course I was around thru the 60's and this is one of the ONLY books that takes me back to that fun, happening time.  Jacky

#36 lost little girl

lost little girl

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:55 AM

QUOTE(mutenostrilagony @ Jun 3 2008, 10:51 AM) View Post

here is the link Paul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FMq0iDX1yE

try to see John smile.gif

at 4:16 you can see him clear!!!!!!

#37 lost little girl

lost little girl

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:14 AM

here I made a screen shot!

#38 CEarth

CEarth

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE(lost little girl @ Jun 3 2008, 04:14 AM) View Post

Excellent!!!! That's it!!!! (John lending his ears with a little help from his friends)

#39 lost little girl

lost little girl

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE(CEarth @ Jun 3 2008, 03:19 PM) View Post
Excellent!!!! That's it!!!! (John lending his ears with a little help from his friends)

biggrin.gif

#40 DarkSide

DarkSide

Strange Days

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE(lost little girl @ Jun 3 2008, 02:14 PM) View Post

Wow! That`s awesome, CEarth and LLG!

I didn`t know that John Densmore appears in the Woodstock-movie!

Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users