29 replies to this topic

#1 lost little girl

lost little girl

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:20 AM

what is your favorie part in the book? which chapter do you like the most?

#2 rotaryperception

rotaryperception

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:11 AM

I like the chapter about San Francisco in 1967 and how it contrasted to Los Angeles, they are worlds apart I can picture what it was like to be in that colorful environment in the city of The Grateful Dead and Janis Joplin.

#3 lost little girl

lost little girl

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 01:33 AM

i think i like the best the paragraphs where he talks about his brother, and his family..and his trip to woodstock with Julia..and all of that details about his personal statements..indead amazing book..

#4 mutenostrilagony

mutenostrilagony

Strange Days

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 02:17 AM

I love the chapter titled strange days where he talks about making that album with a passion he also he a passion for those times and experiences, thats what I like about john's book where he talks about recording or making his favourite albums and his personal experiences.  Its not only about jim and the doors its about himself and his history from his point of view that makes it different from other books, bios.

#5 MeagerFood521

MeagerFood521

Morrison Hotel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE(Paul M @ Apr 17 2007, 10:17 AM) View Post
I love the chapter titled strange days where he talks about making that album with a passion he also he a passion for those times and experiences, thats what I like about john's book where he talks about recording or making his favourite albums and his personal experiences.  Its not only about jim and the doors its about himself and his history from his point of view that makes it different from other books, bios.

I like the beginning when John tells us about the Psy. Rangers and life in and around LA.  Also, when he writes about Robby
buying gas on a Credit Card!!!!  It reminds me of a really fun, unencumbered time....however, I am on the East Coast.

Like all the books on the Doors, I get very sad when it starts to wind down.  Bums me out totally, but it is part of the story so I just read, and try not to dwell on what happened.  J.

#6 Ana

Ana

Waiting For The Sun

• Omega
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 05:42 PM

I still hope that one day I will be able to read this book. I tried reading it, as I said before, but the time wasn't right.
But one day, one day I will read a book on The Doors and Jim Morrison. And you bet that this is the only book I believe it's worth reading.

#7 lost little girl

lost little girl

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 05:45 AM

i was just reading my copy of the book(only God knows how many times i ve read it) and i find very funny that part in chapter 10 Roadhouse blues, were John and Jordan went for a hamburges, and when they left the place with the car the police stopped them smile.gif John was describing it in a very amuzing tone...amazing.

#8 MeagerFood521

MeagerFood521

Morrison Hotel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE(lost little girl @ Apr 19 2007, 01:45 PM) View Post
i was just reading my copy of the book(only God knows how many times i ve read it) and i find very funny that part in chapter 10 Roadhouse blues, were John and Jordan went for a hamburges, and when they left the place with the car the police stopped them smile.gif John was describing it in a very amuzing tone...amazing.

smile.gif LLg/My copy is sorta rag tag now....I took it to my doc's office...he knew who they were (not a fan like us)..he does like them/at any rate...he looked real hard at the cover  (I never bothered)...and he thought Jim and John looked alot alike and he asked me if they were brothers.
So I took a good look at the book's cover/and lo and behold/Doc was right...
Funny, I wanted to use your 'signature'...and went searching through my million Doors books, articles...etc. and could not find it....I would recite it to anyone who'd listen ! !  I should have had it memorized....but did not.  
I always wanted to see a reaction (from my audience) laugh.gif
Jacky

#9 lost little girl

lost little girl

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE(MeagerFood521 @ Apr 20 2007, 11:01 PM) View Post
smile.gif LLg/My copy is sorta rag tag now....I took it to my doc's office...he knew who they were (not a fan like us)..he does like them/at any rate...he looked real hard at the cover  (I never bothered)...and he thought Jim and John looked alot alike and he asked me if they were brothers.
So I took a good look at the book's cover/and lo and behold/Doc was right...
Funny, I wanted to use your 'signature'...and went searching through my million Doors books, articles...etc. and could not find it....I would recite it to anyone who'd listen ! !  I should have had it memorized....but did not.  
I always wanted to see a reaction (from my audience) laugh.gif
Jacky

smile.gif  my copy of a book is translated to croatian, my language. so my covers are different then ones published in United States. i find it stupid! why cannot i have the cover of a book published in a way John choose it? on my cover is only Jim, in one of his suductive pose smile.gif great cover, but i really wish i could have the cover that John has chosen for the book.. unsure.gif

#10 sdcastle

sdcastle

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 08:47 AM

I love this book, it's the first Doors book I ever read.  One of my favorite parts of the book is when Jim called Robby's room - I think it was 4 a.m. - and said "This is God calling and we've decided to kick you right out of the Universe" (or something like that)..  Very funny - made me laugh out loud!!!

SDC

#11 knowidea

knowidea

Morrison Hotel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE(lost little girl @ Apr 21 2007, 11:00 AM) View Post
smile.gif  my copy of a book is translated to croatian, my language. so my covers are different then ones published in United States. i find it stupid! why cannot i have the cover of a book published in a way John choose it? on my cover is only Jim, in one of his suductive pose smile.gif great cover, but i really wish i could have the cover that John has chosen for the book.. unsure.gif

Did they issue a hardback version under Croation?  You could possibly just swap out the paper cover sleeves if so.  You can find those English 1st version hardbacks on Ebay. That would be unique.  Just an idea.

#12 lost little girl

lost little girl

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 05:34 AM

QUOTE(knowidea @ Sep 21 2007, 05:53 PM) View Post
Did they issue a hardback version under Croation?  You could possibly just swap out the paper cover sleeves if so.  You can find those English 1st version hardbacks on Ebay. That would be unique.  Just an idea.

no they didnt..yeah i will try on e bay, i must made an account smile.gif
thanks Jim.

#13 Billy Cooke

Billy Cooke

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 05:19 PM

I'm gonna take up the cudgels for the other male members of this forum (in particular for those who contributed to this thread and who didn't have the guts to state their truly favorite part of the book (cowards  tongue.gif) ) by going for the part where this unknown groupie is going down on John out of the blue. That was fun to read!  laugh.gif

#14 lost little girl

lost little girl

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 10:46 AM

last night i couldnt sleep..so i have read Johns book again entirely from 1am until 4am..
GOSH I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THAT BOOK!!!!!

smile.gif

#15 lost little girl

lost little girl

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE(lost little girl @ Oct 13 2007, 07:46 PM) View Post
last night i couldnt sleep..so i have read Johns book again entirely from 1am until 4am..
GOSH I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THAT BOOK!!!!!

smile.gif

i did it again tonight..just from 4am to 7am..

i am a freak i know.

#16 MeagerFood521

MeagerFood521

Morrison Hotel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 12:52 AM

T.  There is one line John wrote where his intelligence coupled with his understanding of Jim shines right thru.
And it has NOTHING to do with interviews, real or made up....romances....sans everything and sans every claim some may present to us...
PAGE 42....PARAGRAPH 4...
'After a few hours..................and John writes 'Goddamn, how far down does this guy go'?
I believe he knew Jim better than anyone...what do you think g/f???????????????  Jacky

#17 MeagerFood521

MeagerFood521

Morrison Hotel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE(lost little girl @ Nov 22 2007, 08:49 AM) View Post
i did it again tonight..just from 4am to 7am..

i am a freak i know.

Not at all T.  Just ask Joe...he swears I am 'absolutely' gone er ewwwwwwww'.....
I use John's book as a reference and also it is a TERRIFIC read.........................  Soon we will have another book...
don't know or care what the subject is.....I just can't wait as John has so many gifts and such insight it is actually
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!   j

#18 lost little girl

lost little girl

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE(MeagerFood521 @ Nov 24 2007, 09:55 AM) View Post
Not at all T.  Just ask Joe...he swears I am 'absolutely' gone er ewwwwwwww'.....
I use John's book as a reference and also it is a TERRIFIC read.........................  Soon we will have another book...
don't know or care what the subject is.....I just can't wait as John has so many gifts and such insight it is actually
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!   j

haha, great..
yeah, wondering what is that new book about smile.gif

#19 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 05:49 PM

I enjoyed the book very much - it was good to hear how John felt about things.  But my favorite part was when he was recounting going through his divorce and said, "But I still had my dog, Otto."

Otto and I were great friends when I was first working at Elektra.  He hung out with the band, i.e. Ray, John. and Robby.  And when they were at the office (studio) Otto would always visit with me.  He was a long-haired dachshund, very friendly guy.

#20 mutenostrilagony

mutenostrilagony

Strange Days

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE(mewsical @ Jan 26 2008, 12:49 PM) View Post
I enjoyed the book very much - it was good to hear how John felt about things.  But my favorite part was when he was recounting going through his divorce and said, "But I still had my dog, Otto."

Otto and I were great friends when I was first working at Elektra.  He hung out with the band, i.e. Ray, John. and Robby.  And when they were at the office (studio) Otto would always visit with me.  He was a long-haired dachshund, very friendly guy.

I like the part where he talks about an old jaguar he used to own and that a guy named fritz Richmond (I think that was his name, who worked at elektra and you might know him) used to call john "jaguar john.  Funnily enough john talks about this when he finishes the doors histroy and goes on to talk about an incident with his brother jim when visiting his parents place in 1978.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users