100 replies to this topic

#41 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:24 AM

Hope he has some pull with the super-delegates then.

#42 worm man

worm man

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 12:37 PM

America will never elect a black president....they don't call it the "White House" for nothing...I see a white house and i want to paint it black

#43 knowidea

knowidea

Morrison Hotel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:09 PM

I think America is willing to do things it has never done before concerning the results of what has happened for what it has been doing (or has done).

#44 Salli

Salli

Strange Days

• Omega
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE(knowidea @ May 21 2008, 11:09 PM) View Post
I think America is willing to do things it has never done before concerning the results of what has happened for what it has been doing (or has done).

I disagree I say with complete and bitter cynicism.  

America is not yet willing to do what it needs to do. It needs to actually become a Democracy and give one vote to each person in this country and make sure that each person votes and make sure those votes really count.

We have never done that. We have never been a Democracy. We were founded as a Republic (not a Democracy) and we are now an Oligarchy (rule of the many by the few), again not a Democracy.

In order to be a true contributor to a real Democracy, you need to really know about the items for which you are voting. That requires real research on the part of the voter. Most voters get their information from soundbites or information carefully spoonfed by the candidates and lobbies and legislatures. It comes through a media that is already bought by those who do not want a Democracy.

The major thing we need to do is to wake up and really smell the coffee. If things go the way they are supposed to go according to those in charge of this country, than McCain is going to be President McCain in 2009.

I hope you can all prove me wrong and that we get someone in there who can really do the job...like the one who wears pantsuits instead of skirts.  

#45 jym

jym

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:22 PM

What if you don't like coffee??

Sorry, silly mood.

cool.gif

#46 worm man

worm man

Soft Parade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE(Salli @ May 21 2008, 04:58 PM) View Post
I disagree I say with complete and bitter cynicism.  

America is not yet willing to do what it needs to do. It needs to actually become a Democracy and give one vote to each person in this country and make sure that each person votes and make sure those votes really count.

We have never done that. We have never been a Democracy. We were founded as a Republic (not a Democracy) and we are now an Oligarchy (rule of the many by the few), again not a Democracy.

In order to be a true contributor to a real Democracy, you need to really know about the items for which you are voting. That requires real research on the part of the voter. Most voters get their information from soundbites or information carefully spoonfed by the candidates and lobbies and legislatures. It comes through a media that is already bought by those who do not want a Democracy.

The major thing we need to do is to wake up and really smell the coffee. If things go the way they are supposed to go according to those in charge of this country, than McCain is going to be President McCain in 2009.

I hope you can all prove me wrong and that we get someone in there who can really do the job...like the one who wears pantsuits instead of skirts.

I agree...and very well said...It's just too bad the one in pantsuits isn't black...

#47 Mojokian

Mojokian

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE(worm man @ May 21 2008, 11:24 PM) View Post
I agree...and very well said...It's just too bad the one in pantsuits isn't black...

You know I don't care if the next president is Black or White, Man or Woman, Young or Old
All I want is someone who will not only do the job they were elected for but to remember that he or she WORKS FOR US!

You see this the main problem with politicians these days they forget this fact and they get seduced by their own interests and greed
I belive this and maybe it should be written in as a new appendage to the consitution that when someone of power is caught red handed
that there is no trial or forgiveness but rather an instantanious termination of their position and a ban on them to ever be allowed
to hold public office on any level ever again

I know this idea is one that would possibly leave our government offices largly empty but I ask you this

How much more BULLSHIT do we as AMERICANS have to endure before REAL CHANGE is REALITY?
Not just more of the SAME OLD BROKEN PROMISES the candiates keep speewing?

Aren't you tired of having smoke blown up you're asses?

God knows I am

*Please excuse my spelling I was a 3rd grade drop out  laugh.gif

#48 Salli

Salli

Strange Days

• Omega
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 02:11 PM

As tired as you may be and I may be of having smoke aimed at us, the voters had better get used to it. We have a whole five more months of it. dry.gif  

I hope nobody actually expects any changes in the next four years.

#49 Shine

Shine

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:10 AM

Voting in Bush the first time was bad but voting him in the second time was unforgiveable - imo
I was hoping for Clinton after her input/influence in northern ireland peace process, but as she is now gone - i'm with obama

#50 Salli

Salli

Strange Days

• Omega
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:14 AM

QUOTE(Shine @ Jun 26 2008, 01:10 PM) View Post
Voting in Bush the first time was bad but voting him in the second time was unforgiveable - imo
I was hoping for Clinton after her input/influence in northern ireland peace process, but as she is now gone - i'm with obama

Then you've just signed on for the same old crap Chicago style. Obama is owned by the Chicago Political Machine and a few other very nasty people ... and he has no hands on experience for the job.

But go ahead and vote for him. Then I can blame you when things go wrong, cause you voted for him.

#51 Shine

Shine

Debut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE(Salli @ Jun 26 2008, 03:14 PM) View Post
Then you've just signed on for the same old crap Chicago style. Obama is owned by the Chicago Political Machine and a few other very nasty people ... and he has no hands on experience for the job.

But go ahead and vote for him. Then I can blame you when things go wrong, cause you voted for him.

hey sally, i'm just taking sides between 2 available options. if you run i would vote for you - but i'm in ireland, i'm not an american.  i didnt know that about obama - dont know if i'm surprised really.  but i do blame america for voting in bush TWICE.

#52 Salli

Salli

Strange Days

• Omega
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE(Shine @ Jun 26 2008, 05:24 PM) View Post
hey sally, i'm just taking sides between 2 available options. if you run i would vote for you - but i'm in ireland, i'm not an american.  i didnt know that about obama - dont know if i'm surprised really.  but i do blame america for voting in bush TWICE.

Silly me. I should have noticed your location and remembered you are from Ireland.

I didn't vote for Bush. A lot of us didn't. Not that that would have made a difference, silly ballots being what they are and where some of them come from and disappear to. wink.gif

#53 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE(Salli @ Jun 26 2008, 10:33 AM) View Post
Silly me. I should have noticed your location and remembered you are from Ireland.

I didn't vote for Bush. A lot of us didn't. Not that that would have made a difference, silly ballots being what they are and where some of them come from and disappear to. wink.gif

I defy you to find anyone who will admit to voting for Bush at this point!  

Well, we're off to the races finally, with Hillary arm-in-arm with Obama, who will maybe pay her campaign debt of $20M off, plus she should be offered a plum position in his administration as well, if she can deliver the 18M voters she can deliver.  I think she needs to be in a power position to affect healthcare at the very least.  That's what she was trying to do during the Clinton administration, and they cut her off at the knees.  Now, she should be allowed to administrate that aspect of Federal government.  Enough with America having no national healthcare program.

#54 sandman

sandman

Debut

• Omega
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE(mewsical @ Jun 27 2008, 12:20 AM) View Post
I defy you to find anyone who will admit to voting for Bush at this point!  

Well, we're off to the races finally, with Hillary arm-in-arm with Obama, who will maybe pay her campaign debt of $20M off, plus she should be offered a plum position in his administration as well, if she can deliver the 18M voters she can deliver.  I think she needs to be in a power position to affect healthcare at the very least.  That's what she was trying to do during the Clinton administration, and they cut her off at the knees.  Now, she should be allowed to administrate that aspect of Federal government.  Enough with America having no national healthcare program.

Great response, put a known criminal in a position of power. Damn, do you have any other nuggets of ignorant misinformation that you want to share with us?

Are you sure you didn`t vote for Bush?

#55 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:22 AM

QUOTE(sandman @ Jun 30 2008, 10:00 PM) View Post
Great response, put a known criminal in a position of power. Damn, do you have any other nuggets of ignorant misinformation that you want to share with us?

Are you sure you didn`t vote for Bush?

What known criminal?  Apart from being extremely rude, you are not making any sense at all.  

Take your attitude back to the Lizard Lounge, from where you obviously crawled.

#56 sandman

sandman

Debut

• Omega
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE(mewsical @ Jul 1 2008, 02:22 PM) View Post
What known criminal?  Apart from being extremely rude, you are not making any sense at all.  

Take your attitude back to the Lizard Lounge, from where you obviously crawled.

Whilst I was brought up to respect the elderly, in your case I`ll make an exception.

You laud Hillary Clinton, whilst conveniently forgetting to mention the number of "scandals" she and her husband have been involved in ( http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/P...RTICLES/CC.html ), and then you state "I think she needs to be in a power position to affect healthcare at the very least." So either, you want to claim "innocent spouse", which means she is so far removed from reality it precludes her from handling one of the most important sociological issues of our time, Healthcare, or otherwise, she was fully aware, which means she is a criminal.

So, in a ntushell, either,

1) you are choosing to ignore the truth about Hillary Clinton which makes you a hypocrite
2) you actually haven`t done any research on Hillary Clinton, so why are you even bothering to get involved in the conversation because you don`t actually know what you are talking about.
3) You are suffering from senile dementia and remembering the past as you think it happened, rather than how it actually happened.

Personally, in think its 3, especially in view of your other posts.

As for being rude, telling the truth about your inane ramblings and demonstrating just how misinformed they are, doesn`t make me rude, it makes me honest.

Rude however, is demeaning and attacking a poster such as NP, as you do on numerous occasions for simply, from what I can see, having the audacity to view the world from a young person`s perspective. Your overbearing responses to 90% of her posts are condescending and patronising, which makes you the rude one.

Have a lovely day ...

#57 mewsical

mewsical

L.A. Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE(sandman @ Jul 3 2008, 12:15 PM) View Post
Whilst I was brought up to respect the elderly, in your case I`ll make an exception.

You laud Hillary Clinton, whilst conveniently forgetting to mention the number of "scandals" she and her husband have been involved in ( http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/P...RTICLES/CC.html ), and then you state "I think she needs to be in a power position to affect healthcare at the very least." So either, you want to claim "innocent spouse", which means she is so far removed from reality it precludes her from handling one of the most important sociological issues of our time, Healthcare, or otherwise, she was fully aware, which means she is a criminal.

So, in a ntushell, either,

1) you are choosing to ignore the truth about Hillary Clinton which makes you a hypocrite
2) you actually haven`t done any research on Hillary Clinton, so why are you even bothering to get involved in the conversation because you don`t actually know what you are talking about.
3) You are suffering from senile dementia and remembering the past as you think it happened, rather than how it actually happened.

Personally, in think its 3, especially in view of your other posts.

As for being rude, telling the truth about your inane ramblings and demonstrating just how misinformed they are, doesn`t make me rude, it makes me honest.

Rude however, is demeaning and attacking a poster such as NP, as you do on numerous occasions for simply, from what I can see, having the audacity to view the world from a young person`s perspective. Your overbearing responses to 90% of her posts are condescending and patronising, which makes you the rude one.

Have a lovely day ...

No, it doesn't make you honest, it just makes you opinionated and therefore rude.  You are making so many inaccurate statements here it's laughable.  

Hillary Clinton can deliver 18 million voters, whether you like it or not, and if Obama is as smart as he is represented to be, he'll take that into consideration.  As for scandals -- can you say Tony Rezko?  Do you even know who that is?  I am not 'lauding' Mrs. Clinton, I am pointing out the obvious.  Were you even old enough to vote when the Clintons were in the White House?  Something tells me you weren't and likely still aren't.  

NP doesn't need your help I don't think - you're just using that as an excuse to attack me.  And you're little out of date, mate.  I don't recall any recent problems.  I wished NP happy birthday today.  Did you?  

Please go away with your nasty attitude - take it back to the Lizard Lounge.

#58 knowidea

knowidea

Morrison Hotel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:39 PM

Please keep to debating or arguing or screaming about the issues that you may take exception w/.  Referencing the forum member in an attacking way doesn't do anyone any good and just takes the topics off the original intent.

#59 MeagerFood521

MeagerFood521

Morrison Hotel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE(knowidea @ May 21 2008, 10:09 PM) View Post

J.  I agree with you with the exception of the 'good ole boys' (ya know those moneyed characters who will fight change
    tooth and nail).  I do believe the average American is up for change so seems it will be us vs. them.  J.

#60 MeagerFood521

MeagerFood521

Morrison Hotel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE(jazzblues65 @ May 19 2008, 02:14 AM) View Post
I endorse Obama too....but would not vote for him!

The main issue is Medical Marijuana. Don't let Obama forget that. We are talking about God here.
This is an indicator to knowing how much the Gov. wants to control you.
Any candidate not legalizing herb is scared.

OBAMA ON MEDICAL MARIJUANA LAWS

Obama Pledged To Stop DEA Raids On Oregon Medical Marijuana:

Obama Pledged To Stop The Drug Enforcement Administration's Raids On Oregon Medical Marijuana Growers. Willamette Week: "Would you stop the Drug Enforcement Administration's raids on Oregon medical marijuana grows?" Obama: "I would because I think our federal agents have better things to do, like catching criminals and preventing terrorism. The way I want to approach the issue of medical marijuana is to base it on science. And if there is sound science that supports the use of medical marijuana and if it is controlled and prescribed in a way that other medicine is prescribed, then it's something we should consider." (James Pitkin, "Six Minutes With Barack," Willamette Week, 5/14/08)

RNC RESPONSE TO OBAMA COMMENTS ON MEDICAL MARIJUANA LAWS

RNC Press Office

WASHINGTON, May 14 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- RNC Communications Director Danny Diaz released the following statement today:

"Barack Obama's pledge to stop Executive agencies from implementing laws passed by Congress raises serious doubts about his understanding of what the job of the President of the United States actually is. His refusal to enforce the law reveals that Barack Obama doesn't have the experience necessary to do the job of President, or that he fundamentally lacks the judgment to carry out the most basic functions of the Executive Branch. What other laws would Barack Obama direct federal agents not to enforce?"

But The Presidential Oath Of Office Requires The President To "Preserve, Protect And Defend The Constitution Of The United States":

The Presidential Oath Of Office, As Specified In Article II, Section I Of The U.S. Constitution: "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of the President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States." (U.S. Department Of State Website, http://usinfo.state.gov/special/inaugurati...ation_oath.html , Accessed 5/14/08)

And The Supreme Court Has Upheld Regulations On Medical Marijuana:

The Supreme Court Ruled In 2001 And 2005, Affirming The Authority Of Congress To Regulate The Use Of Marijuana. "In 2001, the Supreme Court affirmed Congress's 1970 judgment about marijuana in United States v. Oakland Cannabis Buyers' Cooperative et al., 532 U.S. 438 (2001), which held that, given the absence of medical usefulness, medical necessity is not a defense to marijuana prosecution. Furthermore, in Gonzales v. Raich, 125 S.Ct. 2195 (2005), the Supreme Court reaffirmed that the authority of Congress to regulate the use of potentially harmful substances through the federal Controlled Substances Act includes the authority to regulate marijuana of a purely intrastate character, regardless of a state law purporting to authorize 'medical' use of marijuana." (U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration Website, http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/marijuana_position.html , Accessed 5/14/08)

Paid for by the Republican National Committee. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

SOURCE Republican National Committee

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/20080514/pl_u..._marijuana_laws

Jazz;  The main issue Medical Marijuana???????  b/4 that I would go with the WAR, GLOBAL WARMING, GUNS, CRIME IN OUR CITIES, THE PRICE OF GAS, ad infinitum.............Jacky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users